• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Vs. Ryu

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianMegaMan

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I know there is a match-up discussion thread that's already covered this match up in both the Megaman and Ryu forums, but the jist of those thread is basically "Megaman uses projectiles to keep Ryu out, gg 60:40 Mega's favor."

So I was hoping to get a more in-depth discussion on the match-up because I'm having a great deal of trouble beating a Ryu in my local scene.

For example, I already know I need to do my best to wall him out with projectiles, but I'm struggling to prevent his comboes once he gets in, struggling to get out of them once they start, and I'm struggling to get passed up/down tilt spam at the ledge. It's really frustrating to wall him out for a minute and a half, tacking on lots of damage, and then I make one mistake and he comboes me from 0-80% in one combo, evening out the match, or he comboes from 40+% to death. It's literally me spending all game trying to wall him out completely and if I make four mistakes I just get comboed to death twice and lose the match.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Ryu will try to come in from the air since our ground game beats his at a distance. Mix up the lemon game and randomly throes metal blades diagonally up towards his direction. Short hop u airs tack in a lot of damage and can snuff his approach and lead to u air spam.

Leaf shield can lead to a foot stool off stage of he I'd recovering low. If you're caught in his combo game, I tend to DI up and away, and then mashing rush coil. (This helps in Marios up tilt spam at early percents too.)

Unfortunately ryu hurts when he gets in. And it will result in a lot of damage, but all you can do is avoid him until you're ready for a kill. Take him to FD or lylat or even duck hunt. Duck hunt is a very long stage woth very little platforms for him to keep safe on.

Akso, shield grabbing his aerials can help net that back throw kill.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Play reactive and se what option he selects going in then use the correct option. You can short hop Up air him on reaction when he full jumps. Best way to play is to keep pellet distance and if he jumps you sh pellet backwards 1 pellet and start to shoot the other 1-2 forwards when its safe. We always have a great time when we have stage behind us. Its when we cornered we suffer and are slightly bad. Like on the edge as you say. This MU we win and control but you can always lose it just the same since its Ryu and his lol damage, the 2 stock format and smash 4 we play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom