• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMan Uair

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
I have been trying to figure out what it is that causes the ridiculous high launch from megaman's Uair
I have managed to launch some opponents into the blast zone as early as 50%

Does anyone know the mechanics of the attack and how you need to land it for an easy kill?

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I have trying to figure out what it is that causes the ridiculous high launch from megaman's Uair
I have managed to launch some opponents into the blast zone as early as 50%

Does anyone know the mechanics of the attack and how you need to land it for an easy kill?
50%? It doesn't kill until like 100% after the 1.0.4 update on 3DS/Wii U unless there's something I'm missing here...

I think it's high launch depends on one of the last hits (as Air Shooter hits multiple times) which happens to be really strong, then the rest keep the opponent stunned long enough to hit the blast zone. Really, I'd say that as long as they don't DI out of it you're good. Though I'm a bit nooby about these things so I could be totally off lol

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
well i definitely killed a pikachu today at 50% with it

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
If they bork their DI they can wind up launching themselves off of the screen. Also, the height you started it at, as well as the height they got hit by it, as well as what frame of the animation they got hit by, can all have major effects on its kill percent.

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
If they bork their DI they can wind up launching themselves off of the screen. Also, the height you started it at, as well as the height they got hit by it, as well as what frame of the animation they got hit by, can all have major effects on its kill percent.
Well thats all common sense, but how to use it effectively?

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
To this day i don't know how this move works, that being said, i started to use it more, it can net you some "early" kills.

If they are high up (with some percent of course, but you get the point), not off screen just up, and you manage too hit two in a row, they're dead.

Ps: i think we should really keep stuff like this questions for the Q&A thread.

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
Why have a sub forum with Mega Man at all if everything falls into the Q&A?

Anyway I have noticed that if you catch the opponent as their jump begins or at the peak of their jump they tend to launch much higher than if they are falling

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
It would be just to keep things more organized, and to avoid having more threads about the same subject. That being said, i think we only have one thread about the air shooter so you have a point (aka i dun goofed).

Also yeah,that can also surprise them if you catch them when they try to jump from the ledge back into the stage, and again, hit another one after that, good chance it's a KO.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
If they jump, DI upwards, or air dodge right after that windbox appears, they'll be launched much higher than usual.

Top Bottom