• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

megaman in doubles

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I'm rather interested in strategy involving mega in doubles. I've recently placed third in a small tournament t with my partner, a falcon main going all megaman in bracket. What other team strategies and combos have you guys seen when playing doubles?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I sadly don't have any experience with doubles, but if I were to guess what Mega Man's position would be, it would probably be support. Since Mega Man relies on distance, he'd be good for assisting from further away if his partner is having trouble. Sorry if I come off as uninformed during this because I have no experience with doubles. :p
If I were in doubles, I'd take equal amounts of time focusing on my opponents. I'd go for one guy for a while, then switch to the next guy. If my partner is in trouble, I'll focus on saving him from danger. If one guy is too far away, I'll throw Crash Bombers at him and if he panics, then that's when I go for Crash Bomber combos.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Mega Man with Lucas/Ness is pretty deadly because you can heal them with F-smash if you're away from your opponents for even a second. Ness doesn't heal as much as Lucas does but he can secure kills more easily with his back throw.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I'll try to post some doubles bids if the guys from the event I went to uploads them. Bit I basically did just that. I just stuck back pestering woth lemon, MB through my partner when he gets grabbed, lemon in my partner when stuck in a smash animation while our opponent is waiting to punish. Ironically, I got more u tilt, grabs, and kills off stage in doubles.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
One thing I think is neat for doubles is the ability to get a confirmed Utilt off a grab release is pretty sweet. Also, I've only done it for kick and giggkes, but if you attack a crash bomb onto a Kirby or MK, you can kill at 0% off the top with their uthrow. (It will kill your partner too, but it's still a thing.)

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
My favorite partner in dubs is villager for my mega. We focus on creating opportunities to fully charge a f-smash into his pocket. At that point, villagerhas a frame 1 land or air kill move that kills around 20% usually. We usually place exceedingly well at most things we enter.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I teamed with a Pikachu once. We both kept adding supplemental damage to each other's attacks. It worked out pretty well.

Top Bottom