• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMan Battle Network: Fate of Our Net -- AGame, taking sign-ups

[collapse=BREAKING NEWS]

Dark Chips resurfaced! Earlier today, a couple of dark chip dealers were busted by Net Official Mr. Famous. This is sparking a worldwide reaction and panic has ensued in the immediate area of Electopia. Rumors of a return of the net mafia Nebula have reached a high since an ancient dark chip showed up six months ago. Net Officials have remained tight-lipped on any additional information, but are looking into the case as we speak. More as the story develops.​
[/collapse]

Hello, and welcome to Ryker and Laundry's MegaMan Battle Network: Fate of Our Net! This is an Adventure Game that's been in development since Fall of last year. What is an adventure game, you ask? Well, to put in terms that some of you will understand, think of an adventure game as an RP with much-more regulated consequences. RPing with a game mod, so to speak. Your actions affect the state of the game as well as other players as each of you take on the role of a specific character from the MMBN universe. Everyone will have a wincon, some broad, some specific, that they are working to accomplish while playing the character. This game has no set define end point and will continue until the story reaches a logical ending or the players no longer support it and we are forced to put it down.

Here are a few game-specific rules to keep in mind:

1. The majority of this game will be played on AIM. Public information will be posted in a smashboards thread.

2. The identity of a character's player is not public knowledge.

3. This game was designed for just shy of 20 players, with each player slot consisting of 2 characters: a NetOp and a NetNavi; however, as NPCs evolve, they may become playable characters and as players become inactive, we will need replacements. As such, sign-ups beyond the original roster will be needed as replacement players in the event that either condition is met.

4. As for our starting cast, we intend to make the best match possible between and role. Sign-ups are not a definite /in to the game. The post below is a gauge of interest and we will be pulling from it throughout this game.

So please, sign up and join Net Society! MegaMan.EXE, Battle Routine Set, Execute!​

SIGN-UPS
1.) Glyph
2.) Ranmaru
3.) Nabe
4.) Marshy
5.) Xonar
6.) Rockin
7.) Sold 2
8.) Soupeyrok
9.) JTB
10.) John2k4
11.) Fandangox
12.) Shadow Moth
13.) Raziek
14.) Armor
15.) Sephiroth's Masamune
16.) Ronike
17.) KevinM
18.) Gova's Face
19.) BSL
20.) Red Ruy
21.) Zen

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Like I need to know the flavor

/in

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
okay since this is happening this summer i can totally ****ing do this

/in

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ill /in

Is it going to be team based like Pokemon or more of doing things on your own like Batman?

:phone:

Talking about all of these variables I have to figure out each of you integers' individual equations has begun to make my head spin. It could only help make finding the solution to this equation easier if you were to contact either half of this brain by either PM or Skype so that we could ask some questions to find out a little bit more about how better to cast you.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm asssuming that's washed. You have my skype so i'll either hit you up or you can contact me anytime.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Read that as Amor. <3 My ARMOOOOORR

Ronike

Smash Ace
Read this as interest, but I need more details:

Regularity of sessions.
Length of sessions.
Flexibility of sessions.
Likelihood of finding a replacement. Because though I am highly interested, I also know that I am highly busy, and do not want to ruin you game because RL has forced me to drop out.
How are you going to identify Marshy to me? Because he needs to be my bro in-game.

Real glad I checked the social thread on a whim...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Read this as interest, but I need more details:

Regularity of sessions.
Length of sessions.
Flexibility of sessions.
Likelihood of finding a replacement. Because though I am highly interested, I also know that I am highly busy, and do not want to ruin you game because RL has forced me to drop out.
How are you going to identify Marshy to me? Because he needs to be my bro in-game.

Real glad I checked the social thread on a whim...
Regularity of sessions depends on you. This is going to be a fairly open world in which you're able to do what you want. As long as you can make an attempt to accomplish your objectives, you'll be fine.

Length of sessions also depends on you. When this thing gets started, it's, again, going to be an open world. Certain actions that would advance time could cause an end to a session because I can't teleport you forward when other actions could interfere, but other than that, you'll mostly be the master of your own schedule assuming you're not always trying to play while I'm at work and Laundry's unavailable. General actions can also be left for later processing while I'm gone and any conflict that would occur would simply have to wait until I can be there to resolve it.

I've got two mods for a reason, we've set the ground rules of how to dual mod and in having two mods, we plan to be available a LOT of the time this summer. Flexibility shouldn't be an issue.

Right now, chances of finding a replacement look pretty good. We've reached the number for our first estimated cast at 17/18 and are likely to have a few leftovers. This thread will remain open. I don't want this to be like WOTK in that it was riddled with inactivity, but prospective players thought the game was full and they couldn't join.

Look for the dude that says, "yo sup"

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
We are hoping to get at least role PMs out within the week but we're doing a lot of touch-up work we did not anticipate earlier.

EDIT: Also we still have a lot of people to get in touch with about casting.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So how often will my character be able to get *****es? I trust I'll be cast as someone with the proper skillset to do so.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Aquaman's operated by a woman though. He doesn't have to try to get *****es, he already has one.

Despite being a wishy-washy pansy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh, thought this was gonna be RP like where we make our own characters, guess I misread.

I can still dig doing this.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sure. Casting has not started yet. I've heard about you before in the context of WoTK, but I know next to nothing about you. Talk to me on Skype or AIM sometime in the near future (cpt_ryker and gsryker respectively).

Top Bottom