• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Sweet Spot Dair (New tech?)

Moltov

Smash Rookie
Okay I was messing around with a lot of float cancel ideas and I found out with a frame perfect timed double jump float cancel, you can significantly lower the height of peaches float.

While this is not really useful for FC pressure because if you try to do anything besides dair it snaps you back to the ground in landing lag, it IS useful for DAIRing opponents who are trying to recover, namely those trying to sweet spot double jump.

Image of mega sweet spot DAIR (left) vs normal sweet spot DAIR (right)

HOW TO PERFORM:
frame 1-5: Jump Squat
frame 6: Double Jump + Holding down
frame 7: blank input (because if you dair here you snap back to ground)
frame 8+: perform Down air

Characters tested that it catches a sweet spot double jump on:
  • Marth
  • Captain Falcon
  • Fox

Rachman

be water my friend
Interesting post, good to see some innovation with Peach.

Last edited:

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Can Marth, Fox, and Falcon really sweetspot DJ under Peach's float dair? How did you test this? I'm curious.

Could this be used to improve the use of dair on shield? It could be FCd pretty damn quick now.
No. It's still a really weak move with too little shield hitstun.

Moltov

Smash Rookie
Can Marth, Fox, and Falcon really sweetspot DJ under Peach's float dair? How did you test this? I'm curious.
Yes they can, I tested this by doing frame perfect double jumps from the ledge with frame advance and attempting to dair them and I could only reach the best sweet spot double jumpers (fox, falcon, etc) with the lowest dair possible. I didn't test how many frames you have to hit them but I imagine it's pretty small.

Top Bottom