• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man Hitbox Data

I've started compiling Mega Man's hitbox data into a sheet. It updates in real time, so when I add stuff to the original document, it'll show up here.

If you've got questions about reading the stuff or what something means, say so and I'll be more than happy to respond!

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
This looks awesome so far!... I just do not know what half of it means as it is my first time reading this sort of doc.

For example, what does a Hit box of 0 mean? What does active frames and duration mean? Also, "real frames?"

I hope this isn't silly of me, I just love specifics and I don't know the specifics of most of these words. Maybe a list of definitions would help the layman like me read this?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I've been looking at the frame data pastebin for a while and there are some weird things in there. Jab, ftilt, and Nair (pellets) have never seemed to be f2 (according to Greward, they're f7) and rush has a hitbox with knockback?

Thanks for putting this together. I like the format a lot. If you want help, let me know. I can understand some of the master core, but not much. I'm much better at reading the pastebin.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
What is Dtilt partially intangible to? It shrinks his hitboxes below certain projectiles, yeah?

This looks awesome so far!... I just do not know what half of it means as it is my first time reading this sort of doc.

For example, what does a Hit box of 0 mean? What does active frames and duration mean? Also, "real frames?"

I hope this isn't silly of me, I just love specifics and I don't know the specifics of most of these words. Maybe a list of definitions would help the layman like me read this?
The numbers beneath the hitbox/state column are just the "names" of the hitboxes. They're the IDs the game uses to sort hitboxes. So for example, we all know Marth's attack have the tipper sweetspots and the rest of the blade sourspots. Let's say FAir has 4 hitboxes distributed along the blade. Hitbox 0 would be the tipper, and hitboxes 1, 2, and 3 are the rest of the hitboxes along the blade.

Active frames are the frames during which a hitbox is, well, active. Duration is the total number of frames it is active. So some jab 1 is active I from F3 to F5. That means it can hit stuff on those frames. On F6, it is gone. So the total number of active frames is 3F (F3 [1], F4 [2], F5 [3]).

"Real frames" is a term used to describe when something actually happens. Sometimes hitboxes might say they begin on F3, but they have frame speed modifiers that make them hit on Real F6. I also use it for attacks that use articles. Villager's FSmash is an article. The bowling ball's hitboxes are active on F5, but the bowling ball itself isn't generated till I think F20 of the attack. So then in reality the attack hits on Real F25.

BKB is base knockback, which is exactly what it sounds like.

KBG is knockback growth, which is the rate at which knockback scales with damage

WKB is weight-based set knockback/fixed knockback. This is most commonly seen on pushboxes and is knockback that does not scale with damage. The amount of knockback delivered depends on the target's weight.

Attribute is what it sounds like.

Hitlag is "freeze frames" in an attack. Things like Falcon's knee have high hitlag. If an attack has a hitlag modifier of >1, then that means it does more hitlag than an attack with the same base damage/BKB/KBG/WKB under the same conditions. A modifier of <1 means it does less. The electric attribute adds an inherent hitlag multiplier to moves, which is why electric attribute hitboxes usually have either a normal or <1 modifier (to compensate for this and so the move won't have super high hitlag).

SDI is moving around while in hitlag. An SDI modifier changes how much you can move around while in hitlag (the distance you can move in a frame). >1 SDI modifiers mean you can cover larger distances each frame, making it easier to do things like tech out of a spike (SDI towards a wall so the KB sends you into it for a tech) or even escape multihit moves. <1 SDI modifiers means you can't SDI as far each frame. The setup hit for USmash and the weak hits have <1 SDI modifiers to make it easier for the move to "trap" targets in.

Shield damage is how much damage a move does to a shield. I believe shields have 50 health in this game. So a move with +50 shield damage would instantly break a full shield.

Transcendent priority means a hitbox does not clank with other hitboxes and it just goes through them.

Target is what sort of target a hitbox can connect with. If a hitbox is aerial target only, then it can only hit people in the air.

Angles of 0 degrees apply knockback in the direction opposite the one the target was facing at the time of collision.

Frame change is the frame a hitbox changes. Villager's FSmash gets stronger on I think F27 of the attack. The damage changes from 15% > 17%. So I use arrows to indicate changing values. If a value goes like x >> z, then the hitbox has other stuff that might change from a > b > c. So for example, a hitbox changes on F8 and F12. Its damage goes from 5% > 6% > 7% (5% from F1-F7, 6% from F8-F11, and 7% from F12-end). However, its BKB stays the same for the first two changes, and doesn't change until the third. So it might be 30 > 30 > 20, which I'll just condense to 30 >> 20. Or, if it went 30 > 20 > 20, the sheet would just say 30 > 20.

I think that about covers that for now... but if I missed anything, please say so!

I've been looking at the frame data pastebin for a while and there are some weird things in there. Jab, ftilt, and Nair (pellets) have never seemed to be f2 (according to Greward, they're f7) and rush has a hitbox with knockback?

Thanks for putting this together. I like the format a lot. If you want help, let me know. I can understand some of the master core, but not much. I'm much better at reading the pastebin.
I feel they probably don't hit on F3 in practice. What is probably going on is that F3 is the frame they are active, but still inside the cannon, so they can't really interact with targets yet, though things like Pocket would be able to snatch them up on F3 of the attack, even if they're not outside of the cannon yet. I might not be articulating myself very well but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

I haven't looked at specials yet, so I'll see what's up with that.

I mainly use the pastebin to double check stuff like misc attributes to make sure I haven't missed anything, ha ha.

What is Dtilt partially intangible to? It shrinks his hitboxes below certain projectiles, yeah?
Intangibility means that hitboxes don't interact with the intangible object. Partial intangibility is just saying that not the entire object is intangible. In this case, (I believe) only Mega Man's feet and legs are intangible. So if you were to DTilt so that you'd hit a walking bob-omb on F3 of DTilt, it would explode, but nothing would happen to you so long as the explosion hitbox only collided with your feet/legs.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
This is a daunting task. I understand you guys are still solving mysteries in the game's coding, and the newcomer characters of Smash 4 are extremely confusing. I appreciate the work in letting players deduce which moves are good based on first active frames, knockback, angle, etc.

Can you explain angles to me? When discussing the base angle of a move's knockback, what does a 360 or higher mean? All I've understood is that a 90 degree angle should send perfectly upward, while a 45 should send at the "perfect" angle where the opponent needs to not DI in order to survive being launched. And does an opponent's weight affect the angle, as well?

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
It's a really really good work, sad that I can't understand a lot of things, but maybe when you finish this surely you will adapt it into a more noob friendly version! Keep it on!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I've been looking at the frame data pastebin for a while and there are some weird things in there. Jab, ftilt, and Nair (pellets) have never seemed to be f2 (according to Greward, they're f7)
My understanding is that the "arm positioning" animation at the start of the jab/ftilt/nair isn't part of that subaction, so it'd be 2f after his arm's in place.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
My understanding is that the "arm positioning" animation at the start of the jab/ftilt/nair isn't part of that subaction, so it'd be 2f after his arm's in place.
Yeah, that makes sense and how I've thought of it too. If it were 2f from when you pressed the button but stuck in the cannon, it would fly much lower to the ground when doing a rising nair, since the pellets go straight. The other part might be in the animation data that everyone is missing.

Question for the oddly colored pants:
On utilt you have two hitbox/states (0 and 1), but 1 seems to be a duplicate of the 3rd state of hitbox 0 (8%, 70˚, 70 bkb, 80 kbg, transcendent). My best guess is that a new hitbox is created on frame 10 with matching properties to hitbox 0 that is not physically connected to the original hitbox. Is that accurate? (I guess I could go looking at the master core instead of asking...)

Another question: sweet spot Nair does 4% (1 hit in training), but there's no hitbox for Nair that does 4%. Porque?

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Locke 06! I think I was playing against you last night. I'm 2112. My Mega Man vs your Lucina :D We had some awesome matches!

I've been looking for some hitbox data, but this isn't what I was thinking of. Was looking more for hitbox sizes and any effects like on Usmash. Not sure if I can really process this kind of thing to improve my game.

This is a daunting task. I understand you guys are still solving mysteries in the game's coding, and the newcomer characters of Smash 4 are extremely confusing. I appreciate the work in letting players deduce which moves are good based on first active frames, knockback, angle, etc.

Can you explain angles to me? When discussing the base angle of a move's knockback, what does a 360 or higher mean? All I've understood is that a 90 degree angle should send perfectly upward, while a 45 should send at the "perfect" angle where the opponent needs to not DI in order to survive being launched. And does an opponent's weight affect the angle, as well?
Yeah basically, because hypotenuse and junk.

Weight doesn't affect launch angle.

Angles of 361 degrees: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Sakurai_angle

In short, grounded targets get launched sideways with low KB and diagonally with high KB. Aerial targets always get launched diagonally.

Angles of 0 degrees are weird. I've only come across two attacks with hitboxes with that launch angle: WFT's DTilt has a windbox you will never see unless you use DTilt point-blank on an invincible target, and the ground-target-only hitboxes on Mega Man's BAir 1 and BAir 2.

In WFT's pointless windbox, targets get pushed in the direction opposite to the one they are facing. So if invincible Bowser is facing left, and WFT uses DTilt right in front of him, he will be pushed away, to his right. However, if WFT uses DTilt right behind him, he will be pushed towards her, because he is still going to be "knocked" to his right (the direction opposite to the one he was facing when the windbox connected).

In Mega Man's BAir, you don't see this part of the effect. When a target is dealt damage+knockback, they are flipped to face the attacker if they weren't already. So WFT were to use DTilt right behind NOT-invincible Bowser, first he'd be turned around to face her, then the damaging hitbox's KB would be applied. Since the ground-target-only 0 degree hitboxes of BAir do deal damage, targets get always get flipped in order to receive KB in the direction you'd expect: backwards. However, 0 degree angles behave like 361 degree angles do with low knockback, at ANY knockback. Go into training, set damage to 999%, and use SHFFBAir on the (grounded) CPU so that only the first hit connects. They will NEVER leave the ground, and will instead just slide along the floor in hitstun, just as they would if they had been hit by, say, Villager's FTilt at low percents. This means that hitboxes with 0 degree launch angles also have an inherent increased trip chance.

Angles above 361 degrees are generally autolink angles. They launch the target in the same direction that the attacker is moving in order to increase the chance that all the hits in multihit moves connect. Think back to the early days of the game, with Sheik and Greninja's FFUAir "spikes" at the edge. Both UAirs have angles of >361 degrees on the weak hits (I think its 366 degrees?) (most autolink angles are 366 degrees). Since Sheik/Greninja is falling, the angles "drag" the target downwards. If they land before the hits that have non-autolink angles connect, then the opponent is left with the autolink-during-fastfall KB, which is, well, downwards.

It's a really really good work, sad that I can't understand a lot of things, but maybe when you finish this surely you will adapt it into a more noob friendly version! Keep it on!
Yep! I plan on making basic/condensed frame data once I'm finished that will only include the most necessary information with other stuff paraphrased that will hopefully be more accessible to the less technically versed.

Yeah, that makes sense and how I've thought of it too. If it were 2f from when you pressed the button but stuck in the cannon, it would fly much lower to the ground when doing a rising nair, since the pellets go straight. The other part might be in the animation data that everyone is missing.

Question for the oddly colored pants:
On utilt you have two hitbox/states (0 and 1), but 1 seems to be a duplicate of the 3rd state of hitbox 0 (8%, 70˚, 70 bkb, 80 kbg, transcendent). My best guess is that a new hitbox is created on frame 10 with matching properties to hitbox 0 that is not physically connected to the original hitbox. Is that accurate? (I guess I could go looking at the master core instead of asking...)

Another question: sweet spot Nair does 4% (1 hit in training), but there's no hitbox for Nair that does 4%. Porque?
Yes, since that newer hitbox has a different ID, it is independent of the original hitbox. It also has slightly different displacement compared to Hitbox 0. I still need to learn about how Z-axis displacement figures into a hitbox's physical location relative to the bone it is anchored to, but for what it's worth, both 8% hitboxes are anchored to the same bone, but the Hitbox 0 one has displacement of 4, while the Hitbox 1 has displacement of 4.5. I'm guessing this means it's a little higher?

NAir doing 4% is because both the cannon hitbox and a buster shot are connecting at once. The hitboxes have different Group IDs so they can both hit the same target. If you space a little differently you'll be able to see the the buster shot come out before connecting. It'll say 4%, and if you're in training the combo counter will read 2. The way you're probably doing it (point blank) has the two hits connect nearly simultaneously, so the counter only reads 1 hit.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yes, since that newer hitbox has a different ID, it is independent of the original hitbox. It also has slightly different displacement compared to Hitbox 0. I still need to learn about how Z-axis displacement figures into a hitbox's physical location relative to the bone it is anchored to, but for what it's worth, both 8% hitboxes are anchored to the same bone, but the Hitbox 0 one has displacement of 4, while the Hitbox 1 has displacement of 4.5. I'm guessing this means it's a little higher?

NAir doing 4% is because both the cannon hitbox and a buster shot are connecting at once. The hitboxes have different Group IDs so they can both hit the same target. If you space a little differently you'll be able to see the the buster shot come out before connecting. It'll say 4%, and if you're in training the combo counter will read 2. The way you're probably doing it (point blank) has the two hits connect nearly simultaneously, so the counter only reads 1 hit.
Ahh, didn't know the counter reads 1 hit for simultaneous attacks. When in the online training room it spits out a 4, which I found interesting instead of two 2's.

Not that it really makes a difference in practice, but it is nice to learn something new everyday.

Specials are done. Mega Man's specials were by far the easiest to do, ha ha. Now all thats left is getup attack data and stuff on unknowns

I suspect that FTilt was also supposed to have a cannon sweetspot, but this got scrapped.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
What is transcendent about uTilt? Is there a way we can use this to counter attacks?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
What is transcendent about uTilt? Is there a way we can use this to counter attacks?
"Transcendent Priority"- Used to describe the property given to 'hitboxes' that are special in that they were designed to not interact with other hitboxes in any way. They will not 'clash' and instead will pass right through.

"Clash"/"Clank"- This occurs where two characters throw out attacks at each other and the 'hitboxes' of the attacks touch each other without touching any 'hurtboxes' on the opposing player (see above for both words). Both characters will be unable to do anything for a short period of time, but the character who used the weaker attack won't be able to do anything for longer.

Since utilt's sweetspot is also invincible (last I checked, f5-f8), it can be used to challenge any move and win (although, I don't know how transcendent moves interact with Palutena's moves which have a weird attribute to them).

Like Locke said, transcendent priority just means that a hitbox won't interact with other hitboxes at all, regardless of damage differences. If Little Mac NAired your fist as you used UTilt, Mega Upper would ignore NAir's hitboxes and go through them to hit Little Mac.

Basically what this means is that UTilt should be good at beating aerials IN THEORY. I need to brush up on the other details of interaction though. Though I'm sure that if an aerial were to collide with both UTilt's hitboxes and Mega Man's hurtbox, it would be a trade, assuming you also hit through the aerial to the target's hurtbox (so it won't do much good against disjointed things like Villager's Turnips, Charizard's BAir, sword attacks, etc).

I didn't know about UTilt having invincibility though! Just checked it out and you're right, that's super neat. So yeah, aside from transcendent hitboxes, Mega Man also gets full-body invincibility.

All of Palutena's shield attacks have transcendent priority, so that means Counter, BAir, and Dash Attack. Idk if she has any other transcendent priority attacks (she probably does). I'd imagine she has tons of disjoints though, like jab, all of her tilts, all of her smashes, UAir, and DAir.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Basically what this means is that UTilt should be good at beating aerials IN THEORY. I need to brush up on the other details of interaction though. Though I'm sure that if an aerial were to collide with both UTilt's hitboxes and Mega Man's hurtbox, it would be a trade, assuming you also hit through the aerial to the target's hurtbox (so it won't do much good against disjointed things like Villager's Turnips, Charizard's BAir, sword attacks, etc).

I didn't know about UTilt having invincibility though! Just checked it out and you're right, that's super neat. So yeah, aside from transcendent hitboxes, Mega Man also gets full-body invincibility.

All of Palutena's shield attacks have transcendent priority, so that means Counter, BAir, and Dash Attack. Idk if she has any other transcendent priority attacks (she probably does). I'd imagine she has tons of disjoints though, like jab, all of her tilts, all of her smashes, UAir, and DAir.
Utilt trades quite often in my experience as an anti-air tool. The invincibility is short, so it's tough to make good use of it as an anti-air.

As for Palutena, I thought DA/BAir also clash with the opponents' attacks allowing her to never trade with them. Or is it just that they beat them because, in addition to being transcendent, they're disjointed as well?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans Be sure to come back and post what you find. Depending on when the intangibility is active, there could be new strategies for using it.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
I've started compiling Mega Man's hitbox data into a sheet. It updates in real time, so when I add stuff to the original document, it'll show up here.

If you've got questions about reading the stuff or what something means, say so and I'll be more than happy to respond!
http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8
I didn't understand a thing about this link, but maybe this can help your project! I'm really waiting for something more easy to understand XD.

Utilt trades quite often in my experience as an anti-air tool. The invincibility is short, so it's tough to make good use of it as an anti-air.

As for Palutena, I thought DA/BAir also clash with the opponents' attacks allowing her to never trade with them. Or is it just that they beat them because, in addition to being transcendent, they're disjointed as well?
Well in addition to having transcendent priority, the shield hit on her reflecting barrier is also unblockable... the same deal with Counter's shield hit. Idk, Palutena is weird but it probably does have to do with disjoints.

@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans Be sure to come back and post what you find. Depending on when the intangibility is active, there could be new strategies for using it.
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 and I are currently scratching our proverbial heads at intangibility/invincibility in general. I don't have a capture device, and I'm not sure if my camera records @60fps. If it does, I can pull a Lavani and get rough numbers for intangibility on UTilt along with stuff like dodges, rolls, endlag, etc. For the moment though, I'd go with the numbers Locke provided (F5-F8). I just got a feelin yo

http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8
I didn't understand a thing about this link, but maybe this can help your project! I'm really waiting for something more easy to understand XD.
Hah, I'm not gonna lie, I do check that when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to convert hex values for an hour.

Anyway, the sheet has been updated! I totally forgot to add getup attack info but there it is. I also added that unused FTilt cannon hitbox I was talking about. Now I'm not saying I KNOW for SURE that that's what it is, but you can tell that it's a cannon hitbox. Then again it might be something else entirely so shrug

Also since I'm done with the main part of the hitbox data, I'm going to begin on that "noob-friendly" (as someone called it) frame data now! Hopefully it'll make it so that you can get only the most basic necessities of a move's data without having to sift through stuff that might not be of relevance to you, like attributes or really minor extra shield damage

Last edited:
I did some testing and the arm cannon on jab and NAir does indeed hit on F7. It loses to ZSS's F6 FTilt, beats Rosalina's F8 jab, and trades with her F7 FTilt.

I can also confirm UTilt's intangibility, not invincibility, being F5-8. You get hit by Pit's F4 NAir, ignore Marth's F5 Dolphin Slash, and ignore a Smart Bomb's blast on UTilt's F6 hit to about 2F after hitlag (effectively 2F after the hit).

I'm actually really impressed with just how accurate his numbers are. They are literally only 1F off in most cases (DTilt, FSmash, etc)

Anyway so yeah, I've updated the sheet with proper frame data for Buster-related moves! And added in UTilt's intangibility. Big ups to @ Locke 06 Locke 06 for tipping me off to the intangibility in the first place and the link to the thread and to @Doval for the thread

Edit: ALSO VERY IMPORTANT someone needs to suggest to me a good, clever name for this thread. Light's Lab is already used for another thread so

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Ahh, intangibility vs invincibility. That makes sense with what usually happens with the move and is a good distinction to make.

From the dictionary:
"Invincibility"- A state in which the opponent's character will receive hitlag if they attack you because their attacks can actually touch the part/whole of you that is invincible, but you will not receive any damage or hitstun. This word is also commonly used instead of 'intangibility'.

"Intangibility"- A state in which the part/whole of your character cannot even be touched by any attacks as they will pass right through. This is seen in spotdodges and rolls etc. Often referred to as 'invincibility'.
A note about getup attacks: For the getup attack from fall, you attack in front of you, then behind, whereas from trip is behind, then in front. I don't know if it has a place here, but I think it's decent info to know (and info that I didn't know until I tested it just now). "From Fall" is when you're face down after being in tumble, and "From Trip" is both when you trip and when you land face up on the ground from tumble.

u da bes.

Yes!! Imo its important to distinguish invincibility from intangibility because mechanically they are VERY different in the way they interact with hitboxes.

Also yeah getup attacks from a face-down pratfall and a face-up pratfall/trip are identical in their hitboxes which is dumb imo but whatever. They do have different hit orders though which is important (though I suppose in practice not really because if you're in that situation it'll be difficult to use that knowledge to your advantage).

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yes!! Imo its important to distinguish invincibility from intangibility because mechanically they are VERY different in the way they interact with hitboxes.

Also yeah getup attacks from a face-down pratfall and a face-up pratfall/trip are identical in their hitboxes which is dumb imo but whatever. They do have different hit orders though which is important (though I suppose in practice not really because if you're in that situation it'll be difficult to use that knowledge to your advantage).
Agreed on all accounts! But if you're facing against a Mega Man, you can use it to your advantage. Or if you know they know... but if they know you know they know......

****ing mindgames son

Anyway man okay so in theory UTilt should be REALLY good. Transcendent hitboxes and intangibility during the strong hit. So... why does it not feel as useful in practice as the data leads me to believe? Am I just a bad player?!

probably ;_;7

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
****ing mindgames son

Anyway man okay so in theory UTilt should be REALLY good. Transcendent hitboxes and intangibility during the strong hit. So... why does it not feel as useful in practice as the data leads me to believe? Am I just a bad player?!

probably ;_;7
Because it's hard to be willing to challenge moves when the end lag is worse than Farore's Wind. It's the constant struggle with playing Mega Man. Can't be gun shy with a move that good.

Also, the strong hitbox/hitbox during intangibility isn't exactly large. The transcendent anti-air is great, but uair and Usmash are really good anti-air's as well (with Usmash being transcendent and disjointed).

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Easy name : Time man's workshop- (enter stuff here)

I mean, since we are searching data about frames, Time man is just too fitting for this thread.

Time Man is this guy

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Question about Usmash since it was mentioned: Usmash can beat out Link's Dair and sometimes it cannot. I think Usmash needs to be at least partially charged to beat out Link's Dair. Is this true? How would this be explained using the fancy terms on this thread?

Greward

Smash Lord
Mega Man's nair/jab/ftilt is F7 yeah

but after shooting one you have 28 frames of lag, and after the 12 first frames of lag you can cancel those with another pellet, up until shooting 3 pellets without undergoing the full 28 frames of lag. This is why we can't SH double pellet consistently.

@ ENKER ENKER : Up smash is a multihit which alternates between 2 hitboxes: a big one and a smaller one. You can see this if you upsmash someone in a platform at Battlefield while you are below, he will be hit by about half of the hits. Probably the big hitbox will beat Link's dair and the small one won't.

Up tilt is very good as anti-air but requires superb timing since it's hitbox looks like it stays for a short time. Haven't tested this though, just what I feel.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
What's with the trip property on dTilt? I've only ever popped people away with it.

Moves can have increased trip rates even if they wouldn't normally trip someone due to applying too much KB even at 0%. For example, even Charizard's DSmash has an increased trip chance. You can probably trip Metal characters though.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I just want to say, this thread is amazingly helpful for someone trying to make a Smash Bros. fighting engine. Thank you for all this data.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
****ing mindgames son

probably ;_;7
Timing it is difficult and if you miss, you'll get punished freely.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
i got a question about lemons. you can down throw metal blade, pick it up, crouch, and spam the c stick left or right, making you shoot lemons while holding metal blade, does anyone know if these lemons come out faster than regular lemons?

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
something interesting i found out about this

I went to training mode using c stick lemons, and i managed to get a "training combo" at 4 with pellets
whereas regular pellets only let me get a "training combo" at 3

edit: im trying to get the 4 combo again, but its a bit inconsistent, and i'm not sure if metalblade came out to get that 4 combo....

Last edited:
Top Bottom