• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Mega guide for Mega Men

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Now this is somewhat situational, but one thing I like to do with Crash Bomb is to catch them with it as they get up from the edge or stand near it, with MM positioned a little over roll distance from the edge. They'll either shield or roll, and you should have plenty of time to grab, preferably pivot grab if possible, and throw up for lower percentages, or down for higher. I haven't quite figured out a sure-fire way to know who the bomb will stick to, but know this: if it sticks to MM, give chase without expending your double jump and evade as the bomb explodes. Knowing your 3-second time limit is crucial for this.

I know that this move is not going to happen all that often and could be labeled somewhat unreliable.....I just wanted to contribute something I do that has worked to set up aerials.

Also, have you tried sticking the bomb to the edge of FDs with walls running down? Makes for some interesting recoveries.

Eh....these aren't all that great....ah well. I'm not good at this whole guide thing. Better Mega Men will give you far better input.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Now this is somewhat situational, but one thing I like to do with Crash Bomb is to catch them with it as they get up from the edge or stand near it, with MM positioned a little over roll distance from the edge. They'll either shield or roll, and you should have plenty of time to grab, preferably pivot grab if possible, and throw up for lower percentages, or down for higher. I haven't quite figured out a sure-fire way to know who the bomb will stick to, but know this: if it sticks to MM, give chase without expending your double jump and evade as the bomb explodes. Knowing your 3-second time limit is crucial for this.

I know that this move is not going to happen all that often and could be labeled somewhat unreliable.....I just wanted to contribute something I do that has worked to set up aerials.

Also, have you tried sticking the bomb to the edge of FDs with walls running down? Makes for some interesting recoveries.

Eh....these aren't all that great....ah well. I'm not good at this whole guide thing. Better Mega Men will give you far better input.
Nah you did fine, that's a pretty good tactic and I'll be sure to add it in when I edit it. I may have put in the second bit already, not sure I'll have to check.

Also, just for the record I play an average MM at best, I just like contributing lol. Often times I know how to execute ats or know of tactics, but applying them doesn't work out so well for me due to my lack of dedication to that character. Even my main I mess up with from time to time, so what I'm saying is you don't need to be a good player to be a good contributor.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Lol, didn't even realize this was a new thread, thought it was myold guide thread.

Had no clue it made a new one for me.

Awesome.

Will try and get some work done either tonight or tomorrow, I found my glasses lol.

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
i just wanted to add this here
when an opponent has mega man trapped in an A combo (repeatedly hitting the A button on the ground)
Mega Man can use the rush coil to escape 95% of the time if you repeatedly tap up and B
and depending on the time that the combo started versus the time mega man escaped
it is sometimes possible for mega man to fall and punish with a Back or Forward air before they finish the combo animation

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
i just wanted to add this here
when an opponent has mega man trapped in an A combo (repeatedly hitting the A button on the ground)
Mega Man can use the rush coil to escape 95% of the time if you repeatedly tap up and B
and depending on the time that the combo started versus the time mega man escaped
it is sometimes possible for mega man to fall and punish with a Back or Forward air before they finish the combo animation
I've responded to you via the reviews section, thanks again!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Alright, it's updated with the following:
-Added to the credits as well as their info they've provided
-Redid the Uair section

Customs will be done soon.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Pretty huge update, added info on all the customs, as well as included information from more users(To see what, just check the credits.).

Thanks again to everyone who contributes and takes the time to read it.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Not done with this guide yet, just been preoccupied and contributing a few other places.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Love the guide, except the fact that
Most of the paragrahps
Seem to progress like this,
Making it very hard
For me to actually
TAKE IN THE INFO
YOU'RE PRESENTING

Ok maybe I'm exaggarating it a bit, but the way the info is presented really distracts from the actual info. But I might just be whiny. Great writeup for a beginner like me, and can't wait to play around with Megaman some more, really tough learning curve on this guy if you'd ask me.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Love the guide, except the fact that
Most of the paragrahps
Seem to progress like this,
Making it very hard
For me to actually
TAKE IN THE INFO
YOU'RE PRESENTING

Ok maybe I'm exaggarating it a bit, but the way the info is presented really distracts from the actual info. But I might just be whiny. Great writeup for a beginner like me, and can't wait to play around with Megaman some more, really tough learning curve on this guy if you'd ask me.
Lol, my eye sight is poor so that's part of that, the other part is I try to emphasize important parts or titles.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out, I plan to make more additions but I've fallen ill recently.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504

sphenco

Smash Cadet
NNID
sphenco
3DS FC
5300-9746-7346
Maybe some day I will teach you Mega Man's shinku-shoryuken!
Up tilt is my favorite finishing move. Just so satisfying to combo it in, catch them off guard, or counter with.
But I totally agree that it is a risky move.

Top Bottom