• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

AnoA

Smash Cadet
I though the same thing about Medusa not showing up. Let's hope for the best! :D

Edit: Medusa has to appear someway. I and don't think Sakurai will downgrade her to the same level as Magnus and Phosphora by making her an assist.

Last edited:

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Well if nothing else it's apparent he cares a lot about Kid Icarus in this particular game.
He worked on Kid Icarus and thus feels like it is a bit more important than it really should be no offense. I feel like he is neglecting other series that are just as important and I DO want Medusa in but I will still feel a little jaded that Sakurai is playing favorites

majora_787

Smash Hero
I felt like he was playing favorites ever since Brawl when Kirby got two newcomers, Ridley was fashioned after Dyna Blade, and Dedede, Meta Knight, and Kirby were practically the most important three characters in the Subspace Emissary.

Nothing new to me.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Seeing how Pit, Palutena and Medusa were the three characters used to advertise Uprising, I am 100% confident Medusa appears somehow in Smash.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I felt like he was playing favorites ever since Brawl when Kirby got two newcomers, Ridley was fashioned after Dyna Blade, and Dedede, Meta Knight, and Kirby were practically the most important three characters in the Subspace Emissary.

Nothing new to me.
Same here. Let's not forget that Kirby was in front of everyone on the Smash 64 japanese box art, and I'm pretty sure people would complain about the number of Kirby items if Melee came out now.

Of course, brawl is a step ahead. This also applies to Hal's other game, Mother.

majora_787

Smash Hero
So why don't we get more Mario characters then?
Because an angry member of Gamefaqs doesn't like new Mario games. Which means it's blatant favoritism on Sakurai's part. He needs to add the real Nintendo all-stars, like Octorok. Or Mega Ludicolo. Or something I don't know

Basically people are silly.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
So to be honest I was just joking about more Mario characters. I would love to see some villains from less represented series such as Medusa, K Rool, Ridley and..... Plasm Wraith

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Of course, my examples were deliberate stupid examples. :troll:

Personally, I just want to see characters I like, nothing more :awesome:

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Just curious anyone know if anyone has made a Medusa button so i can add her to my villain roster in my Signature?

D

Deleted member

"Because there can only be 5 character per serie"
"Because there can be only one newcommer per serie"
"Because Daisy is bad"

A lot of wrong things! :awesome:
Oh, there's a LOT of Daisy hate over at GameFAQs. Hell, the Daisy "fans" aren't much better as trolls. It's almost as if the demoted princess of Sarasaland doesn't have any legit fans.

Still... nowhere near as bad as the people who make downright moronic suggestions like TV characters or inert entities like the Duck Hunt Dog.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Still... nowhere near as bad as the people who make downright moronic suggestions like TV characters or inert entities like the Duck Hunt Dog.
You can't compare 4th party TV characters to 1st party characters owned by Nintendo, ever. Also Duck Hunt has a fan base and isn't moronic as you think it would be if they were in smash bros.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Medusa and Dark pit can happen. It wouldn't be the first time The man himself over represented his series. I did record her voice I believe. I was doing so many edits at the time.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Dark Pit would be an alt considering how Dark Pit is. Regardless, I'm pretty sure Medusa would be happening first if we got a third Kid Icarus character.

D

Deleted member

You can't compare 4th party TV characters to 1st party characters owned by Nintendo, ever. Also Duck Hunt has a fan base and isn't moronic as you think it would be if they were in smash bros.
No, my point was referring to how people make complaints about qualifications or limitations towards franchises and then turn around and suggest a TV character as a potential newcomer. I feel they are "moronic", since these sound like blind suggestions without stepping back and thinking about how something could work or couldn't work. And, when I was younger, I admit I sorta had these feelings without understanding how legal details and regulations worked out, so I'm not gonna sit on my throne and strike down them entirely, but I still need to make the point that this doesn't make much sense.

Duck Hunt was a fun game for what it was, and since there are hundreds of thousands of those Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt NES cartridges floating around, you were eventually going to try it. But, that was a fake leak and Duck Hunt Dog didn't have any fur or extra details, and I mention this because Donkey Kong is finally acting cartoony, yet he still has extra details compared to his Country variant.

Anyway, back to the topic... I made a comment on another forum about how the alternates have been working out and how Dark Pit would be a perfect alternate to Pit, complete with different audio lines. Though, contrary to what somebody had said, Medusa as Palutena's alternate would never work in any capacity. I want Medusa as her own independent character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I want Medusa as her own independent character.
Is the most likely possibility if she's in at all. Check the models; Medusa has no shield and holds her staff in the opposite hand. Which, yes, means there would be a necessary difference in mechanics. Any difference in mechanics, no matter how small, means a separate character slot.

majora_787

Smash Hero
:\ I am extremely less than happy with this. If this leak turns out wholly legit which it seems it very well might, Dark Pit successfully pelvic thrusted the idea of playable Medusa, let alone playable ANYONE important to Kid Icarus other than Pit and Palutena, into the dust probably forever. ._. Unless we get a new Kid Icarus or something it's not like the situation will improve in SSB5. So right now I'm just really not happy.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I feel sorry for all you Medusa supporters. She would have been a perfect fit in the roster! Female AND a villain!

D

Deleted member

:cry:And the Queen of the Underworld remains dead!

ARRRGGHHH!!!! This day has SUCKED for me!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You know what? I'm crazy enough to still have hope. That model is gorgeous, and every leakers said that the whole roster is not complete.

After all, all those picture are from ESRB videos, to show content that could be rated. Extremely unlikely that they show only the trophy of a playable character, but I can dream.

D

Deleted member

You know what? I'm crazy enough to still have hope. That model is gorgeous, and every leakers said that the whole roster is not complete.

After all, all those picture are from ESRB videos, to show content that could be rated. Extremely unlikely that they show only the trophy of a playable character, but I can dream.
I hope you are right. Maybe something good will happen. And, who knows, maybe Dark Pit is an alternate of Pit.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Medusa deserved a spot more than Dark Pit. There's just no denying that.

Sadly, she isn't an easy-to-implement clone of Pit. Shame. :crying:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Medusa deserved a spot more than Dark Pit. There's just no denying that.

Sadly, she isn't an easy-to-implement clone of Pit. Shame. :crying:
I advise against counting your chickens. Nothing is confirmed until it comes through official channels, the recent crackdown on the videos notwithstanding. UNTIL SAKURAI SAYS OTHERWISE, THIS LEAK IS FALSE.

...I'm not even an active Medusa supporter, I'd just really like you guys to not do a 180 based on information that is very likely entirely untrue.

Mars-

Smash Champion

"Hades has secretly resurrected her to fight again" - her trophy

Will she be in the plot for the game? Kinda interesting that her resurrection is stated as current and not past tense.

I do like the not blocky snake heads though. Her model appears much better than it was in Uprising.

Also did anyone else notice how the difficulty scale is straight from Uprising?

Last edited:

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I have a feeling that the gameplay videos were real, but the roster leak was fake. I also find it odd that Dark Pit wasn't confirmed as a newcomer when he was first shown. It doesn't seem like Sakurai wouldn't clarify his position unless he had a smaller role.

Its likely that Palutena's Temple will have a stage boss (end of smash direct where ZSS is shown for like 5 seconds) because of the boss health text we saw. I have a better feeling Dark Pit is gonna be the boss than Medusa.

Think about it. Medusa and Palutena's rivalry is huge part of there characters. Why wasn't Medusa shown in Palutena's trailer then? She has her own.

A lot of the evidence points too Medusa being playable, but then again making Dark Pit would be soo much easier to create. Maybe KI will get 4 reps. Dark Put being similar too Lucina, a planned alt, but taking a spot on the roster.

In favour of Dark Pit as a playable character or stage boss , Pit doesn't have any dark colour palettes. That one which was shown in a potd with Robin has darker colours mixed in, but he still has white wings. Maybe it was based off Dark Pit, but they didn't give him black wings, since it would be hard to differentiate him from Dark Pit on Palutena's Temple.

I just really hope Dark Pit is handled well if Medusa doesn't make it as a playable character. He could even use Pit's arial from Brawl since he flies on his own. Another thing too consider though, is that fans of smash who haven't played Uprising will likely rage over Pitoo, since they won't know his role in the game and his variations. Too them, its like adding Dark Link.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If Medusa is not playable, I'm convinced she still have a role (assist?). Her model is new to me, like Phosphora, while the Specknose seems imported from Uprising.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, if she is an AT, she will probably be big (like Andross / Nightmare).
And if she is big, then the sideboob would be glorious! :awesome:

I don't really beleive in a boss battle.

Medusa

Smash Rookie

Oh boo hoo don't cry for me it's embarrassing, this is my fan base a bunch of sniveling crybabies. I'll be back under my own terms and I promise you won't have to wait another 25 years for it.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Oh boo hoo don't cry for me it's embarrassing, this is my fan base a bunch of sniveling crybabies. I'll be back under my own terms and I promise you won't have to wait another 25 years for it.
That's what you said last time. And that was a pretty great comeback. Alright, snooze it off and hey, maybe the stars'll align and someone elese'll make an uprising 2 with you playable.

And still played by Cree Summer.

Top Bottom