• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Me Vs. my Friends

Demi

Smash Cadet
Me and my friend Tony decided to just put all our videos we record in one topic instead on multiple ones.

Pretty much all I have right now is matches of me playing my friend Tony (Mr.9), but I'll record more matches of me playing my other friends at some later time. Well here are the matches. Feel free to criticise or comment on either persons game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aycUOyCLIpU Demi(Marth)vs.Mr.9(Link) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNe5d4tVpQ Demi(Marth)vs.Mr.9(Link) 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M2VjfKUQGQ Demi(Marth)vs.Mr.9(Link) 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLKY7aiqq0 Demi(Marth)vs.Mr.9(Link) 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BRL2D379gM Demi(Marth)vs.Mr.9(Link) 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfU7HAsow50 Demi(CF)vs.Mr.9(Link) 1

We should have at least 2 more CF vs. Link match up by maybe tomarrow but for sure Friday. Hopefully I record videos me playing my other friends by then as well.

D

Deleted member

do you live near dover, DE? id'e rather play you then give you helpful advice.the only thing i have to say is you guys run into each others moves ALOT! i have more but i'de much rather play you in person first;)

D

Deleted member

ok fine since no one else has critiqued you guys.....
alright lets start w/some basics things i noticed.

first:the link player has a good advantage on marthh due to projectiles but i barely saw Mr.9 take advantage of this opportunity to take out bombs and boomerang alot.

second:you guys gotta be able to read the opponents tech so you can apply more pressure to em.

....link,dont dair so much;)

i have more but ill edit later hope this helps somewhat:)

EDIT:alright just watched the c.f vid so here what i have to say:

lol at the moon walk in the begining but anyway.....

your c.f a bit....slow for my taste but speed isnt always everything.i noticed when trying to keep mr. 9 off you set yourself up to get killed wich ultimately was losing you your stocks.you also need to sweetspot more as well.

ill have more for you later;)

PichuFTW

Smash Rookie
I'll try even though I don't play either of the characters, just some general stuff and things I see people that beat me do (btw this is the first link, I don't have enough time to watch all of them right now.)

Marth:
- you look like you still need a little bit of work on the l-cancel. There were times that you came down and put up your shield for a brief moment. Either let go of the l button a little faster, our use a WD out of the shield to quickly slide away.

-Nair is cool, just like most in the game are (pichu's FTW, lol), BUT you seem to be using it a bit too much on approach. Your fair has much more potential as a combo move. Try to think of nair as more of a spacing move or a combo finisher. Start slow with the comboing and see what works and when it works. Heck, even a tippered SHFFL'ed fair can lead to a simple tippered nair to send the opponent flying.

-be careful when off the ledge (such as your SD at about :43, and right at the start of link's last stock). That cost you a lot of valuable percentage.

-Work on your spacing a bit. Tippers, tippers, tippers, tippers, till your opponent has nightmares about them. Also make sure to abuse your range, it eats people for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desert, and postmortem snacks.

-Try to abuse marth's grab more. it has a huge range, and his grab game is decent.

-Work on your edgeguarding, Marth's edgeguarding game is tremendous. If you see a grapple shot coming, try dropping down, doing a rising bair to swat link away, then up+b back. The timing could take some getting used to, but the extra option is wel worth it. Other opportunities: dtilt, dair (try to stay above the ledge and make your disjointed hitbox cut through the level and bit beneath the edge), ftilt, edgehog, situational counter

-I'd say make more liberal use of his tilts when possible. ftilt is great and utilt is nifty (though definitely better on a stage with platforms)

-If your oppponent uses their second jump for whatever reason in the air, try a uair juggle. If they attempt a predictable dair to get out of it, use counter or shieldgrab.

-you could stand to WD more.

-you didn't do it a lot, which makes me happy, but avoid using fsmash to build up damage. Try to only use it as an edgeguard, finish them at high percents, or knock them off when their near the edge to try and set up edgeguards for low percent kills.

-in general, beware link's up+b :psycho:

Link:
- you did well, but you could stand to use a few more projectiles.

- when Marth gets too agressive with aerial approaches, make him pay. Shieldgrab him, or WD back to grab/smash/projectile/etc. I don't know much about link's grab game, but if there's bad DI, a dthrow to utilt to whatever will probably work.

- you edgeguarded well. There might be something I'm missing because I don't play link, but I thought you did a nice job here.

- make sure you don't miss l-cancels, especially dair (though you did a good job with this overall too)

- I liked how you didn't really push link to be faster than he was meant to. A lot of people do that, don't get results, and wind up wondering what happened.

- hawt ledgetech at 0:53, i wasn't expecting to see that based on what I initially saw at the start.

- Personally, I think you should utilize nair more rather than the fair, though that may just be personal preference on my part.

- Good job overcoming the tier margin :) Always nice to see low tiers win.

On the overall, you guys aren't too bad, but can use a bit of work. I hate to use such a broad, general term, but try working on 'mindgaming more'. There were a few times where I was able to predict what both of you were going to do at the same time. Do your best not to fall into patterns and keep things fresh. You show some potential though :)

Demi-god

Smash Journeyman
hehe mr.same name as me, i had it longer.. your marth is alright but you missed a ton of l-cancels and you didnt follow-up with alot of your opponents mistakes. if i see you sometime ill marth ditto you

Demi

Smash Cadet
It seems you have found some vids of me. I'm not so good in these as you have already noticed. I have gotten alot better since then though. I should acctually try and get new vids up sometime. Well anyway, I'm thinking of changing my name after finding out that somebody already has it . . . Not that big of a deal anyway.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
hmmm your marth is okay demi! you got better anyways cause u won the school tourney!!! oh and that link kicks *** but really as everyone else said use projectiles more often! also i hate links dair!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom