• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Slashy

Smash Lord
"Bv: Healing: Sonic Battle: Amy SLOWLY recovers health as long as the attack is held."
I think this should involve her tarot cards.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
PLZ CHECK ALL STARFOX GAMECUBE GAMES!!

i would prefer Krystal from adventures, but assault is fine too..

not to mention everyone else in assaults alternate costumes, like Fox Falco and Wolf's assault outfits!

as well as their Adventure outfits :D Falco from adventures would look so ******!
Read the bottom of the first post; we can't use whatever's not on a Wii disc.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Anyone knows how to hex Bleach Versus Crusade model files? I have Kuchiki Byakuya file here, and I wanted to do a full character based on him. If anyone want to help, just PM me.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Anyone knows how to hex Bleach Versus Crusade model files? I have Kuchiki Byakuya file here, and I wanted to do a full character based on him. If anyone want to help, just PM me.
Its on the supported games list, so just follow the guide on the first post.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. Interesting, NDS NSBMD files appear to have a mdl0 header. I'll try hexing one but don't expect it to work.
EDIT: Big suprise, it didn't work. Still, the mdl0 section may mean something. could someone try looking into this?
EDIT2: I did a bit of research, and it seems that the wii mdl0 format is very similar to the ds mdl0 format. Someone really should look into this.
Could this mean Cecil for Brawl O.o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(most likely not but still!)

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Just checked some games on my harddrive and did infact find one that uses mdl0's:

Case Closed-The Mirapolis Investigation

Model shows up in Brawlbox after changing the mdl0 header.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Wow, I really shouldn't have posted that picture just before going to bed. I'm getting tons of PMs now from people who think I'm some sort of super-duper hacker.

It's a Photoshop, guys. I did create a Sonic Adventure outfit texture for Amy's high-poly body model, but I didn't rebuild the MDL0 to combine Amy's head with her body. I'm not that good. I just photoshopped one over the other to show pikazz and everyone else what the end result of hacking Amy would look like.

I thought the 'shoppery was obvious, her body is way more out-of-focus than her head is in that picture. Heck, her eyes don't even look like that in BrawlBox, the white texture of her eyeball covers up her pupils. And her head model has a couple holes near her headband that I had to edit out.

...Next time I'm gonna do a poorer job of it to make the Photoshop more obvious. I've edited my original post for clarity and I sincerely apologize to everyone who was mistaken.

Forget the secretism! Yes I'm intending to create an Amy PSA for Brawl! Currently I'm the only member on the team but I'm welcome to other, and a mass of move ideas. I already have a help thread with the only questions halting my beginning!

--STONEY-- Is there a way to use the hi-def model over the low poly one, despite the head being seperated?
You could try calling the model using a External Graphic Effect in PSA, but you'd only get one polygon per effect (unless I'm mistaken, which I probably am), so you'd need to replace a character who has several of them like Toon Link. However, Amy's high-def models have so many polygons that I don't think it would work. Personally, I'd just wait for BrawlBox's MDL0 rebuilder to fix her model and then port the animations over to it.

Speaking of which: animations WOULD be easy, since you could borrow stuff from King DeDeDe and the Ice Climbers. Try posting some screenshots in the Fully New Character Archive and see if anyone is willing to help you out.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Could this mean Cecil for Brawl O.o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(most likely not but still!)
Actually, it could. I just checked the files of Final Fantasy 4 DS and even though the don't appear to be NSBMD they still have a mdl0 section. Zeromus for Brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Think about how broken THAT would be)

SigmaStrain

Smash Rookie
I actually have the source code and some notes for a MDL0 converter. if anyone is interested i'll PM you the details

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Yeah and good night.
The stage will be over which stage exactly?
It wasn't the stage that I had been working on last night, actually. (That's already working well enough and I'll be releasing a beta tonight.) It's something that I had tried to get working a few weeks ago, but failed.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
"Bv: Healing: Sonic Battle: Amy SLOWLY recovers health as long as the attack is held."
I think this should involve her tarot cards.
Just so you know, everyone in Sonic Battle had the ability to slowly recover health.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Well, I figured out how to open Final Fantasy 4 models in the nsbmd viewer. I'm gonna try hexing the mdl0 section to see if I can get it to work in BrawlBox
EDIT: Not gonna work. Somone else who has more knowledge of hex could try it, but I'm not going to be able to. Not just that, but I can't find my SD card.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Hey, Stoney, can't you vertice hack the shoes so your problem can be solved?
I thought of that shortly after I posted. Problem is, vertex hacking is a pain in the *** for me since I can't see the faces while I'm editing the vertices. I'm gonna save myself a headache and wait for VertexBox to support faces before diving into vertex hacks again.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I asked this a while back, but does anyone know a CPK extractor for Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics?

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Huh, Bleach Versus Crusade uses MRG and MRGC file types, will that work with this tutorial? I do see the MDL0 string. What can happen if I delete everything before it? Lol. Or, even, if anyone want to participate in the Kuchiki Byakuya project :U (I need someone to hex him, lol)

yugi1818

Smash Cadet
Oh Amy's up b on the ground could be like the thing in Dx directors cut where she runs nd hits the ground and launches up and like does a bunch of acrobatic spins lol XD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Amy should have the forward dash that her speed form had in Sonic Advance 3, but I'm not entirely sure how you'd implement it... Putting it on a special would be a waste, but it deserves something... Oh, I know!
...but I'm getting ahead of myself, AND butting in on the whole affair.

Can I help with Amy?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So I'm using the CPKUnpack. It goes through the list of files, but it didn't extract anything...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
If you are using Windows XP it won't do anything. You must be using either Windows Vista or Windows 7.
It does work with XP. What do you do, drag-and-drop it on the EXE? If that's what you do, then it puts the files in C:\Documents and Settings\*username*. Running it through the command prompt puts the files in the same folder as the CPKUnpack.exe.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It does work with XP. What do you do, drag-and-drop it on the EXE? If that's what you do, then it puts the files in C:\Documents and Settings\*username*. Running it through the command prompt puts the files in the same folder as the CPKUnpack.exe.
That.
Thanks for confirming that.

Top Bottom