• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ohh, so thats how u get the saber. Hmm... ok, thanks, Ill hafta try that after I unpack my gamecube games.

Reguarding Axl:

Ah, ok. The spine things on Axl's back dont animate tho :3

But, it is understandable. Hell, maybe I should give it a shot once you release the project! After you do the texture, I'll try and vertex it. I'm gonna make a moveset for Samus first though. This is of course if you DO decide to go ahead with the Axl costume. If you don't, that's ok too haha. (But please keep in mind if you do, to keep his hair there, just make it orangy brown).

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if anyone answered this, so I'll just ask again:

Does Guitar Hero: World Tour have .mdl0s? I doubt it, but I was just curious...
no i think it uses mostly movies and other file formats
i've checked the newer guitar hero games and im pretty sure they don't have them

humble

Smash Ace
Thanks, and I personally prefer the X model, when the Zero ones is just even more bad-*** than ever. You could say I like both, almost equally.
Haha I suppose so. Personally I never played the MMX games, and I started directly on Megaman Zero. I'm so used to that design for zero, to me it is just so much smoother and cooler. The X version is so bulky and clunky, I find it rather offputting. I don't mind the X one though, I just prefer the Zero version.

By the way, a good ref art for Zero is here
http://www.jonahw.com/images/MMZ.jpg

Compare these three;
Omega- http://i6.tinypic.com/14jq5g6.jpg
Zero- http://megamanxreborn.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/zero22xx.jpg
ZeroX- http://img395.imageshack.us/i/tatsunokovscapcomultima.jpg/

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
That's Model ZX...

Anyway, if you need reference material for MMZ-style Zero, look up some of the concept art from Rockman Zero Official Complete works. I have it (I love that series' artistic style) and it has drawings of him doing just about anything, with all of his weapons. It also has all of his forms from Zero 2, If you need another color to round out the set.

Also, I think that X you made would be good as a starting point for an X PSA, but it would be a bit odd for him to use Zero's Command Arts and be so skilled with a saber. I'd love to see X in Brawl, but not as a Zero revision. That said, it's so awesome I'd use it anyway :p

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn has its weapon models in .cmp files, and almost everything else in .cms files. Does anyone know how to open these?

Actually, looking at the OP, one of the incompatible file formats is .cmp, so I don't think that there are mdl0's lurking around somewhere, but I would still like to know how to open a .cms.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Yeah. If it does, I was planning to add some of the characters. Especially Dimentio.

*Ehem* I you don't mind...

Chao!

Actually, the more I look at the game, the more the parts of the characters look segmented, Which I have absolutely no idea how that will effect the game

Roo525

Smash Ace
Thanks! I'll definately look into the tutorial.

So, Super Paper mario works huh? Well the hard part is locating the files to begin with. If anyone can help, much would be appreciated!

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Thanks! I'll definately look into the tutorial.

So, Super Paper mario works huh? Well the hard part is locating the files to begin with. If anyone can help, much would be appreciated!
i never sed it works -_- i can tell you how to get characters from a paper mario game in, if you can find something

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yeah. If it does, I was planning to add some of the characters. Especially Dimentio.

*Ehem* I you don't mind...

Chao!

Actually, the more I look at the game, the more the parts of the characters look segmented, Which I have absolutely no idea how that will effect the game
Lemme show you how it's done...

"Ciao~!"

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Back from the buffet, it was awesome. o.o

Also, I know this isn't related to the topic, but I have just found all of Brawl's un-used tracks. Here's a list, and if anyone wants any, add GokuSSJ15@live.com for a direct send or PM me.

A11 Boss Battle (Partners in Time)
A12 Beware The Forest's Mushrooms (Legend of the Seven Stars)
C06 Ballad of the Windfish (Link's Awakening)
E04 Yoshi's Cookie Type A
G06 The Loner, Falco Lombardi (Star Fox Command)
J01 Move Out! (Path of Radiance)
J05 The Chosen Ones (Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light)
K02 Hippie Battle Theme (Mother Series)
K03 Eight Melodies (Mother)
K04 Smiles and Tears (EarthBound)
K06 Because I Love You (EarthBound)
M14 Stage Fright (Smooth Moves)
N04 Radio Exercises (Wild World)
Q03 NES Sports Medley
R01 Stunt Race FX
S01 Main Theme (Sons of Liberty)
S09 MGS Main Theme Remix (beatmania)
T04 How to Play (Super Smash Bros Melee)
U05 You Can Do Anything (Japanese Sonic CD)
W22 Menu 2 (Melee)
W32 Battle Cutscene (Melee)
X12 Classic Intro
X14 Ending
X24 How to Play
Z52 Stage Clear 1 (Melee)
Z53 Stage Clear 2 (Melee)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
you mean the actual BRSTMs or just a list, because thats old news otherwise.
The BRSTMs. What I meant is that I had them since a long time ago, but I had just found them again just now. Sorry if I made you confused.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
anyone else notice that the rotation is wierd on characters? like, brawl characters mostly have 0,0,0 for hip, and others sometimes have 90,0,90 for hip, and are positioned the same

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Progress on Zero + Alternate costume

All of these were made by Kurobit.

Also, not everything can turn right..some things can fail..such as this:

I'm giving up on my Poo project, I've had too many problems manually, and Vertex Box won't save my changes for Ness.
Oh Crap...That Poo is awesome! Too bad that you will not continue it

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
Has anyone thought to try and extract a channel wad? I wonder if games like Lost Winds used MDL0 files. Just a thought. :)

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Hmm... Hey does anybody know if super paper mario (Wii) uses .MLD0's?
Super Paper Mario is another of the games I own that I didn't bother to check because I was certain it couldn't possibly use MDL0s. But you guys made me curious enough to check it anyway.

First of all, the disc's contents are a horrible mess. Most of the game's files are tossed haphazardly into a single directory named "A", with no rhyme or reason. All the file names are written in romaji, meaning they're in Japanese but use latin characters. That isn't the best part, though. The best part is that none of the files in the "A" directory have file extensions in their names, so there isn't any real way to know WHAT model format the game uses without looking inside all the files with a hex editor.

Needless to say, finding stuff was a chore, but by complete accident I stumbled on some model files - their names started with "MOBJ". One batch that stood out was named "Count_Block"; it could either be the models for Count Bleck, or for a floating block that counts something. Taking a look inside one of these files confirmed it was a model. The interior was very neatly arranged:

Now, either the "OBJ" in the name means the file uses .OBJ format, or the file is for some kind of obstacle in the game (again, such as a floating block). Without file extensions I couldn't really tell at first.

Further on in the file I found some Targa (.tga) files, probably the model's textures. They had names like "Ten_block_coin.tga", and made the identity of the model a lot more obvious. Looks like Bleck's model is named something else, probably using his Japanese name.

Scrolling down to the "P" section of the A Directory, I found what were probably the models for the playable characters. Bowser gets all kinds of crazy names for his files, from "koppa" to "kuppa" (I think they were trying to spell "koopa" and failed miserably). Mario, Peach and Luigi's files use their correct names and are easier to recognize. There were "dot" versions of the character files, probably shrunken versions for when they use Dottie, and "big" versions for when the characters became enlarged.

I opened up "p_big_mario". I found it was equally neat about labelling everything inside of itself, going so far as to include a timestamp. Lots of references to Mario's polygons:

Someone more experienced than me might correct me on this, but I definitely think this is one of Mario's model files. I say "one of", because there are TONS of files for the playable characters, all starting with the letter P.

EDIT: Wtf? At the end of the directory there is a file named "Vivian.bin". It happens to be one of the only files in the A Directory with a file extension at the end. Does Vivian make a cameo in Super Paper Mario at some point? I don't recall her being in the game...

EDIT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Going over the directory again, I've discovered that all the enemy model files start with the letter "e". Naturally my first instinct was to seek out the files for my favorite boss in any Mario game, Mr. L's Brobot. They start with "e_lui_robo".

EDIT 3: EDIT HARDER: "e_kamek"?! THE Kamek? The one from Yoshi's Island??

EDIT 4: THE EDITING: Aaaand here's a file for a GORON. As in, the Zelda characters. Wtf.

EDIT 5: THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL: All the members of Count Bleck's group have files that use their Japanese names. In Dimentio's case, that name is simply "Dimen", or as it's called on the disc, "e_Dmen". He's got a lot of files, and several of them have identical names.

EDIT 6: EDITING AGAIN: I looked inside one of Dimentio's files. When the .TGA texture files show up about midway through it, they actually reference an entire directory. Take a look:

There isn't a "hara" directory on the disc. I'm starting to suspect that WiiScrubber is just doing a real lousy job of decrypting the disc, and the directories aren't displaying properly. :ohwell:

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Hey guys, what file are the Effects in TvC? Specifically because I want to know more about Zero's Dark Hold attack

EDIT: Wow, Paper Mario developers are messed up, but seriously, GORON? wth
Are those .tga viewable in PS or what?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
*cough can someone send me the soul eater models for soul, maka, death the kid, liz, and patty cough*

Anyways, Pokepark doesn't have any stadium-like enviorments, does it? The only reason I'll probably buy the game is so it doesnt look like i pirated any models (unless the models are the same as PBR, in which case i'd just delete platinum's new alternate forms).

Also, uhh.....stage parts in NSMB: Sprites or MDL0s? There's an editting program in the works, so I know that the stages are made up of one of those two.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
just asking but has anyone tried to see if wii sports or any of those games are in MDLO id love to see Mii rise up as a character

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
I uploaded some Dragon Quest Swords' models to my mediafire folder, including bosses and main characters. If you want them and can't guess the link, PM me.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
*cough can someone send me the soul eater models for soul, maka, death the kid, liz, and patty cough*

Anyways, Pokepark doesn't have any stadium-like enviorments, does it? The only reason I'll probably buy the game is so it doesnt look like i pirated any models (unless the models are the same as PBR, in which case i'd just delete platinum's new alternate forms).

Also, uhh.....stage parts in NSMB: Sprites or MDL0s? There's an editting program in the works, so I know that the stages are made up of one of those two.
there's really no point in sending those to you now
because they have seperate models for their hands
and dont have enough bones to even get in game
and i call dibs on death the kid (i had a project on marth b4)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Not in the game. The ones BSZ is talking about were made by people on the internet.
Yes, but they did found the notes for each song, and they re-created them using the correct instruments, so it's the best thing you could get, unless you're like me and plan to raid the Nintendo Headquarters.

Top Bottom