• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey RTB any skeleton models in that Batman game?? Sorry to bother just keeping up with my search ;)

I would be pleased if others could help me as well!
-Omni
Only a few backrounds, and a couple of props. All the characters in that game are 2D, and have "placeholder" models which are all rectangular prisms.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I wonder. Is there a game with a Cargo Truck Mdl0?
You know, something like a 20 GMC M-135 6x6 Cargo Truck....

Here's pics of what I mean.

Maybe Dead Rising???:pow:

I can vertex the Landmasters for tanks(as long as the current methods support the vertexes).
:199:

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey RTB any new skeleton models??

Um...idk bout the truck maybe in like a war game? perhaps in bomberman
-Omni

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
don't request for people to find a specific model when when those people are busy just finding if a game has usable mdl0s to begin with.

Your best chances, for the skeleton and the truck, are games that fit your themes.

skeleton: death, specifically dead a long time ago
linked to that is the wild west, adventures, and pirates, which have skeletons occasionally associated with them

try zack and wiki, Tales of Symphonia, Samba de Amigo, Castlevania, and Dragon Quest

cargo truck: modern/future military
military would have to be linked to the plot specifically, as the enemy or who you work for.

try shooters (low quality models though) like Sin & Punishment, Space Invaders or any top-down if any. also try the resident evils

dead rising doesn't feature the military actually getting involved much outside of cutscenes if I can remember correctly, and if so, it's unlikely they'd drive a cargo truck inside a mall. Bomberman is in it's own little playful universe of cartoonish suited characters hurling oversized bombs. I doubt real-world military will be part of any bomerman game anytime soon, excluding act zero of course.

in both cases, your models will be hard to find, often as a background object, part of a stage.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
OMG why don't you f*cking go and make a new thread to request the f*cking skeleton model????? Seriously...

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
OMG why don't you f*cking go and make a new thread to request the f*cking skeleton model????? Seriously...
Jeez, he was just wondering. No need to yell and get mad AND avoid the profanity filters just because he wasn't sure where else to ask but the topic about MDL0s itself...

Anyway, before I get too off-topic, I'm hoping you guys'll be able to get the Mario Sports Mix models working properly in Brawl. Slime, anyone? xD

*wishes she knew how to get MDL0s and work with them on a Mac*

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Either way, I do have the Slime model hexed to work properly in Brawl.

Let me know if you want that one.

(EDIT: And I did find another skeleton in Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon, but it's still not the one you want. There really doesn't seem like much in the way of those models...)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Anyway, before I get too off-topic, I'm hoping you guys'll be able to get the Mario Sports Mix models working properly in Brawl. Slime, anyone? xD
You'd still have to scale the models to be larger than normal; at least x15. You wouldn't believe how small the Black Mage and White Mage models were when I got them from RandomTBush.

It is a shame that the compression for those files is still a complete mystery, because I'm pretty sure that a lot of model importers want to get their hands on the stage models.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
OMG, can i has Slime? that would be hilarious for something that follows Olimar.

and various other things. like a pokeball...

and how would i port the sandwitch over the pokeball?

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Funny you mentioned Slime Moogi.
I think I still got a Slime model on my computer somewhere from a Dragon Quest game.

EDIT: Is this what you wanted?
Awesome Slime
Either way, I do have the Slime model hexed to work properly in Brawl.

Moar Awesome Slime

Let me know if you want that one.
Whoa... do want. :awesome:

I'd gladly try out either Slime.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey RTB how'd you get that skeleton model out of the .FBC the files are packed into?? I'm trying to get the models but the .fbc are in my way.
-Omni

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey RTB how'd you get that skeleton model out of the .FBC the files are packed into?? I'm trying to get the models but the .fbc are in my way.
-Omni
Just open 'em up in a hex editor, and then delete everything before the "bres" in the file.

What about Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune models? Maybe we can fight as Pat Sejak
Haha, I doubt it.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Well I got the model but I couldn't get what I wanted out of it, *sigh* guess I just gota keep going on with the search!!
-Omni

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
O_O Well. The Cargo Truck model from Umbrella Chronicles is.... perfect, provided I can resize it.
Exactly what I'm looking for.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! Hokuto No Ken has some brres files in .bin but brawlbox crashes when i try to open them after editing by hex.

anyways i didnt found any mdl0 file, im going to check more files because is a japanese game

edit: i found a Mdl0 but i cant open it in brawlbox i think im doing some mistake when hexing but i can see Mdl0 in the hex program

edit2: ok i found something i can open

edit3: i cant see the model in brawlbox, i can see it in brres viewer without textures, checking more files...

edit4: i found some mdl0 but i cant see the model in brawlbox after fixing it, the things i see in brres viewer arent really interesting, pachi slot models... i was expecting kenshiro ones or something but the game is all about videos

Daikaijuu Battle Ultraman Colosseum DX doesnt seems to have MDL0, same as hokuto, is a port of an arcade game so it can be all videos

Sengoku basara doesnt uses MDL0, there are many arc files but i didnt found any brres or mdl0 there

The Last Story doesnt have MDL0 (.PFS, .PK, .PKH. .Shader)

i can be in a mistake with these but thats what i found

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That model is huge.
Very Huge.

Someone could very easily make a Realm of whoever that is stage.

Umbrella Chronicle models don't seem to need hexing once you get rid of the nonsense before the brres file.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Top Spin 3? Well, that makes the second non-Japanese game to use MDL0. Now let's ask one of those developers if they can give us their MDL0 exporter.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me but I have a little question, are there people here who knows what is the format Anm? Is it a format related to models? Because I wonder...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
How do you do a memory dump to get the models?
I want some from the FFCC: My life as a king.
It has MOOGLES :D

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
I guess Bit. Trip Runner have, cause it is BRRES...
Sadly, the files are : "X.brres.lz", I tried to use LZ programs, but they crashed

And Blaster Master Overdrive, they are ARC, but sadly, those files are BMZ Compressed (discovered by looking the HEX)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Pro evolution soccer 2011 doesnt use MDL0
Hm, alrighty then. *adds to the bottom of the first post*

How do you do a memory dump to get the models?
I want some from the FFCC: My life as a king.
It has MOOGLES :D
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon and Mario Sports Mix also have Moogles. As for making a memory dump, you'll need Dolphin and ProcessMemoryDumper. Simply emulate the game under Dolphin, and then use PMD to dump Dolphin's memory. You'll need around 600MB for each memory dump, though.

Does anybody know if Dokapon has MDL0's?
I'm not sure, but someone who has that game could check.

In B4 Nadal for Brawl.
BTW, RTB, did you get my PM?
Yeah, I did, but I don't think that the extra polygon group is the only cause of the problem. (My one-slot Bill's Hat attempt had the same problem, and only replaced the one polygon group and didn't add any.)

I guess Bit. Trip Runner have, cause it is BRRES...
Sadly, the files are : "X.brres.lz", I tried to use LZ programs, but they crashed

And Blaster Master Overdrive, they are ARC, but sadly, those files are BMZ Compressed (discovered by looking the HEX)
Sounds similarly to how Bubble Bobble Plus has its files stored.

And I may be wrong, but I think I already checked Blaster Master Overdrive, and it didn't have MDL0. Alright, time to go check Blaster Master Overdrive (again) and the Bit.Trip games, just to make sure.

(EDIT: I believe every one of the Bit.Trip games have MDL0 by the looks of it, but Blaster Master does not.)

(EDIT 2: Yep. All six Bit.Trip games use MDL0, which brings our total amount of MDL0-confirmed games up to 100! Whoo! Also, for the compressed files, use the QuickBMS script on this post to decompress them.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon and Mario Sports Mix also have Moogles. As for making a memory dump, you'll need Dolphin and ProcessMemoryDumper. Simply emulate the game under Dolphin, and then use PMD to dump Dolphin's memory. You'll need around 600MB for each memory dump, though.
I tried out that ProcessMemoryDumper, but it never recognized the Dolphin Emulator at all, even when I accessed the program as an administrator.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
How do I open Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King's WAD file? I only know how to scrub ISOs???
Or anybody who already has the files please PM me I found out that there's a skeleton enemy in that game!!!
-Omni

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Hm, alrighty then. *adds to the bottom of the first post*

I'm not sure, but someone who has that game could check.

Yeah, I did, but I don't think that the extra polygon group is the only cause of the problem. (My one-slot Bill's Hat attempt had the same problem, and only replaced the one polygon group and didn't add any.)

Sounds similarly to how Bubble Bobble Plus has its files stored.

And I may be wrong, but I think I already checked Blaster Master Overdrive, and it didn't have MDL0. Alright, time to go check Blaster Master Overdrive (again) and the Bit.Trip games, just to make sure.

(EDIT: I believe every one of the Bit.Trip games have MDL0 by the looks of it, but Blaster Master does not.)

(EDIT 2: Yep. All six Bit.Trip games use MDL0, which brings our total amount of MDL0-confirmed games up to 100! Whoo! Also, for the compressed files, use the QuickBMS script on this post to decompress them.)
Thanks... But do you know if there is a tool for extract BMZ-Compressed type? (even don't looks MDL0, just for see [NSMBW uses ARC and there are MDL0, so I guess it can have])
Also, Yay, I did the count 100 :)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Now, I know this is a little early, but it's now released, so I may as well ask.

Is there any chance of attempting to dump 3DS games? I'm kinda doubting it uses MDL0s, and I don't know if you'll even be able to dump them, but you never know until you try.

Top Bottom