• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Now we just have to wait for Pharrox to release his! XD
...You're a bit behind on models. Pharrox stopped working and gave Kryal his information. All he put out was AiS.

Anyway, this is a very involved process, but far simpler to do than I anticipated. If I find time I may work on making something for a change instead of giving input...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, I fixed the first image in the tutorial. I accidentally highlighted the wrong set of bytes for deletion.

And now I really wish AiS had support for TriangleFans. Or at least I wish that someone else could make something similar to AiS, a program which has support for those polygon types.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I know this is going to sound really bad on my part... but does anyone know if Mario and Sonic Winter games uses MDL0? I have no idea on where to get the games files to start with, and even if I did, I don't want to go hunting for it if it doesn't use MDL0.

I want it for Shyguy...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I know this is going to sound really bad on my part... but does anyone know if Mario and Sonic Winter games uses MDL0? I have no idea on where to get the games files to start with, and even if I did, I don't want to go hunting for it if it doesn't use MDL0.

I want it for Shyguy...
I'll go check it out in a few.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I just checked, and yes, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games has MDL0s, Thunderspam.

But... the Shyguy you wanted is only an animation, not a model. D:

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
I just checked, and yes, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games has MDL0s, Thunderspam.

METAL SONIC PICTURE

But... the Shyguy you wanted is only an animation, not a model. D:
Is there any way, any way at all, you could maybe change his Bones' names or something, so that he could be used as a Sonic Alternate costume, and still use the same Animations and hitboxes and stuff? Maybe I'm getting too far ahead of the development of this work, but I love the old school Sonic series, and Metal Sonic is my favorite character.

Also, you're amazing, dude. I can't believe you're so close to figuring this all out.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Is there any way, any way at all, you could maybe change his Bones' names or something, so that he could be used as a Sonic Alternate costume, and still use the same Animations and hitboxes and stuff? Maybe I'm getting too far ahead of the development of this work, but I love the old school Sonic series, and Metal Sonic is my favorite character.

Also, you're amazing, dude. I can't believe you're so close to figuring this all out.
Yeah, it should be possible, even if it means rebuilding the MDL0 a bit to include blank alternate faces and the "sphere" so that it won't crash before you get a chance to do anything.

And whaddya mean "so close to figuring this all out"? Check the last few pages. I already got some other MDL0s working in Brawl. ;D

(Aaaand I think I might've found a higher-poly model for Metal Sonic, so I'll update the picture in a bit.)

Fen__

Smash Ace

It's just my opinion, but there are Sonic textures for Metal Sonic that look significantly better than this model. Brawl has excellent models considering it's a Wii game. I'm just as excited as everyone else about this new-found ability to model swap, but just because a model's available doesn't mean you should use it. This model would look so out of place, and might not even be able to go over Sonic, for that matter.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
<3 you man, good job on this, I can't wait to see the first fruits that this brings. (BESIDES BOWSER JR, HYYYYYYYYYYPE)

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS ULTIMATE PWNGE i cant wait till these will like really work because this could give so many opportunites to people

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
im sorry to intrude, but i overheard someone mentioning bowser jr. and i know that he makes a lot of movements in mario superstar sluggers.

just tryin to help :)

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Someone posted the TvC stages on the brawlbox creation thread, that's where my vote goes.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

What about this stage :o although it would just be like final destination :\

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay, RandomTBush, I've been following your new tutorial and I ran into something I don't understand. On step 6 when you say jump ahead the number of bytes in the part marked green what do you mean by jump ahead that number of bytes? Do you mean jump ahead by 130 cuz thats whats in the screenshot or is it whatever the offset tells me? Also when I figure out the number of bytes do I use the Goto thing in the program. I'm using HxD by the way and I'm thinking I need to go to search and then Goto. Could you please help me with this? Thanks.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, RandomTBush, I've been following your new tutorial and I ran into something I don't understand. On step 6 when you say jump ahead the number of bytes in the part marked green what do you mean by jump ahead that number of bytes? Do you mean jump ahead by 130 cuz thats whats in the screenshot or is it whatever the offset tells me? Also when I figure out the number of bytes do I use the Goto thing in the program. I'm using HxD by the way and I'm thinking I need to go to search and then Goto. Could you please help me with this? Thanks.
It would be whatever the offset tells you. If it says "130", then jump ahead "0x130 - 0xC" bytes. If it says "5C0", then jump ahead "0x05C0 - 0xC" bytes, etc. Either that, or jump ahead by that amount of bytes, then hit left 12 times.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
So, is anyone going to rename a few bones so we can see them animated? or are we going to leave them in t-model? XD **** school... why cant i have the day off?! Im gonna do a rock lee, blair, kakashi, and maybe megaman volnut. if i get to them XD AWESOME WORK RandomTBush!

AND DIBZ ON TAILS!!! XD maybe...

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I'm soooo lazy...

Once Dantarion releases his app, I want Jolteon, Magikarp, and Eggman to make movesets for. Too bad I'm too lazy to use a hex editor or I'd get started now.

Edit: On that note, what program do you guys use to extract models from games that use other format for storing the models. (Like how Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom uses '.fpack' rather that '.pac'.)

kailmanning

Smash Rookie
Whoa.... Does Pokemon Battle Revolution Use mdl0 models? If So we can bring scizor to the brawl! *shrieks* lol jk btw Do These mdl0 also contain the proper bones?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Actually, i was thinking, anyone want to try this method on Knux, Tails and Silver from GHZ? maybe that will get them working on alloys

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Whoa.... Does Pokemon Battle Revolution Use mdl0 models? If So we can bring scizor to the brawl! *shrieks* lol jk btw Do These mdl0 also contain the proper bones?
I think I answered this before, but no, Pokémon Battle Revolution does not use MDL0s.

Actually, i was thinking, anyone want to try this method on Knux, Tails and Silver from GHZ? maybe that will get them working on alloys
I don't think this method will work. It's the way that their models were made that make 'em unable to be used on alloys (or any other character, for that matter).

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
ok well im close to a break through with PBR models
i've been able to extract the file using the .fsys extractor
then there are 2 LZSS files
apparently after u extract the LZSS files we should end up with the brres
anyone help me find a LZSS decompresser/extractor?

EDIT: so this guy here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=186227&st=15
said that he can extract them with this code here: http://pastebin.com/f67678659
try this someone and PM a dl for the output?
try and help me :p

Top Bottom