• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
to be fair on my own behalf, I was focused on the melee recording setup the whole time so I didn't play ANY friendlies to warm up. I played my pools matches and went back to the melee room. Day 3, I show up, setup, get rushed into the brawl room, play my first match, go back to melee, get rushed back into the brawl room, and play my second match.

I personally have been involved in the last 3 nationals for Brawl so I couldn't take them as seriously. Genesis 2 on the other hand, I'll have nothing to do with it so I will be training for it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lie is actually really funny now, I enjoy being around him because he doesn't get butt hurt if you take a personal jab, he has fun with it. He's also improved so much, going from.losing to.waffle (no offense nate) and thumbs and shinku to now beating nationally ranked.players.

Keep it up lie. You June and Coney are making heads turn and ps could be there but I think he has a mental block.

Btw, neo and vik have also.hit the training room. Seagull and I.have as well, and I was literally 2 games away from being a first seed in my pool. It's coming together quite nicely if you ask me.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
not to mention Omni has a car and is training like almost everyday

REVIVAL OF MD/VA!?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
not to mention Omni has a car and is training like almost everyday

REVIVAL OF MD/VA!?
YAYUHZ!
to be fair on my own behalf, I was focused on the melee recording setup the whole time so I didn't play ANY friendlies to warm up. I played my pools matches and went back to the melee room. Day 3, I show up, setup, get rushed into the brawl room, play my first match, go back to melee, get rushed back into the brawl room, and play my second match.

I personally have been involved in the last 3 nationals for Brawl so I couldn't take them as seriously. Genesis 2 on the other hand, I'll have nothing to do with it so I will be training for it.
I want to go to Genesis, but so....costly....I have free housing if I did go, but like plane, food, tourney, etc...Sounds like 400$ minimum costs.
Lie is actually really funny now, I enjoy being around him because he doesn't get butt hurt if you take a personal jab, he has fun with it. He's also improved so much, going from.losing to.waffle (no offense nate) and thumbs and shinku to now beating nationally ranked.players.

Keep it up lie. You June and Coney are making heads turn and ps could be there but I think he has a mental block.

Btw, neo and vik have also.hit the training room. Seagull and I.have as well, and I was literally 2 games away from being a first seed in my pool. It's coming together quite nicely if you ask me.
Lie da bess.

I think I've improved tenfold ever since I thought up a way to get rid of landing penalty almost completely :). I invented it only recently...So none of you besides the one who played me at Pound 5 have probably seen it. It isn't even noticeable though if you knew what it was lmao.
hahah f u june
too bad i use snake now [:

sike you just read me well.i got u next time
Got em'.
lie is obviously the best in md/va.

(smirk)
Too bad you weren't there to **** too (smirk).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i knew kaffei could beat smurf, but he shouldn't have lost to whoever else he lost to

Kaffei keep it up obviously, you and bengals and kenny and sassy have improved a ton. Keep it up.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
r1 pools
lost to esam 0-2
lost to slikvik 0-2
beat omari 2-0
beat raidos 2-0

r2 pools
lost to ally 0-2
lost to lie 0-2
beat smurf 2-1
beat King Beef 2-1
Beat PitsKeyBlade 2-0

how could i beat esam/slik/lie/ally

KaFREE4Lunch

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
r1 pools
lost to esam 0-2
lost to slikvik 0-2
beat omari 2-0
beat raidos 2-0

r2 pools
lost to ally 0-2
lost to lie 0-2
beat smurf 2-1
beat King Beef 2-1
Beat PitsKeyBlade 2-0

how could i beat esam/slik/lie/ally

KaFREE4Lunch
Er... learn your MUs?

Pikachu, Wario, Diddy and Snake? (Who did Ally use?)

I dunno, you're using MK. No johns. It's pretty easy to just pick up the character and do decent >.>

It's okay. I suck too. Now if only I stopped SDing...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It is not ez to play like Mew2King.. took me a year to look KIND of like his mk.. and I don't mean time out crap. if u don't know already I am a Mew2King mimic. for a year ++ i studied him for at LEAST 1 hour literally
Ally used MK. My best match up is the MK ditto but Ally is just way too smart
i put so much time into studying M2K and trying to adapt & read but i still am bad

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It is not ez to play like Mew2King.. took me a year to look KIND of like his mk.. and I don't mean time out crap. if u don't know already I am a Mew2King mimic. for a year ++ i studied him for at LEAST 1 hour literally
Ally used MK. My best match up is the MK ditto but Ally is just way too smart
i put so much time into studying M2K and trying to adapt & read but i still am bad
Buffer lots of stuff, nado when you don't know what else to do, plank, and time out. Da M2k Mk in a nutshell. Very effective :bee:.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
input a move within the last 10 frames of a move so it comes out immediately after another

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Kaffei the best advice I could give you is innovate your own style.
Trying to emulate somebody else's style could actually hold you back.
Especially somebody like mew2king.

You also lack alot of experience.

Omni

BRoomer
uh don't listen to Alan. he got 65th, lol. lee martin emulated M2K and see where that got him. :troll:

emulating is great. the key to being better is understanding why top players do the things they do.

Omni

BRoomer
so are u guys all brawl'd out or what

who wants to play today

Top Bottom