• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD Smashers List and Discussion

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
~_~ College Park = UMCP (University of MD College Park)
Should just bundle the rest of "College Park" under UMCP

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Haha i was pretty sure they were the same, but did it that way just in case xD
Ill just make it College Park

strife98

Smash Rookie
i r sad no one else plays smash in Glen Burnie T^T so i'm guessing you're not going to put brawl + players up?

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Haha oh gosh xD Nah, im just sticking to Melee.... and sorta Brawl.... but mostly Melee O_~b

strife98

Smash Rookie
brawl + is sooooo much better than brawl. like, none of my friends play brawl anymore just brawl +. it actually needs skill to play, and what you learn while playing melee really improves your brawl + game play. i mean, there is still ALOT of stuff that you can do in melee that you can't in brawl, but its still a really good game. i especially like the character customization you can do in it. i mean you can even import character skins from other games. a friend of mine is adding Klonoa to his brawl +. he's doing the animations for him. i still think it's an amazing game that apparently people aren't giving enough props for.

CTL17

Smash Lord
If Brawl+ came out instead of Brawl, most of us would probably be playing it. The problem with Brawl+ was that every developer wanted their own characters the way they wanted to, so it ended up in some fights and developers leaving and unbalanced characters. (Check out Ness in v5.) Then there was the problem of no one knowing which version is the current one, and they made too many changes too quickly. Then somehow no one played it anymore.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
brawl + is sooooo much better than brawl. like, none of my friends play brawl anymore just brawl +. it actually needs skill to play, and what you learn while playing melee really improves your brawl + game play. i mean, there is still ALOT of stuff that you can do in melee that you can't in brawl, but its still a really good game. i especially like the character customization you can do in it. i mean you can even import character skins from other games. a friend of mine is adding Klonoa to his brawl +. he's doing the animations for him. i still think it's an amazing game that apparently people aren't giving enough props for.
This trolling??

Anyone investing in a brawl modification game is just silly. They usually last 6 months to a year then everyone outta nowhere says it sucks.

This happened to Brawl +, Brawl -, Balanced Brawl (lol), and eventually Project M is likely to follow this path if it ever comes out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's a shame, I enjoyed Brawl+
I had no problem continuing on with the game, though since all the main hackers just want to move onto the next big thing, they kind of ruined Brawl+ on their own, and now the devs trash talk it and stuff which is lame. idk why they would want to throw away like a year+ of development. The dev process though was really bad and their was problems throughout. But hey, I can't complain that I was able to host 2 Brawl+ only tournaments, both getting over 40 people, one having successful online reg and the other getting multiple out of region attendance.

Bones0

Smash Legend
This trolling??

Anyone investing in a brawl modification game is just silly. They usually last 6 months to a year then everyone outta nowhere says it sucks.

This happened to Brawl +, Brawl -, Balanced Brawl (lol), and eventually Project M is likely to follow this path if it ever comes out.
I don't see it happening to Project M. It's sort of an ongoing testament to how awesome Melee is. As long as people play Melee, there will probably be people playing Project M. Maybe not hardcore competitively, but at least as a fun break from Melee with new characters and stages.

Lobos

Smash Master
Me, Vist, Greg, and JC going to philly for that B+ tourney is still one of my most favorite tournaments ever.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
This trolling??

Uhm, People still play and have tourneys for Brawl - and, while less consistent, brawl + (though will less consistent, still draws as many if not more than any other mods)

And i doubt project M will die, at least not in 6 months.
Also, please don't look down upon those investing in mods when investing in vbrawl, or melee itself can easily be just as silly to some.
It's just ignorant.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
if project M can fix landing detection and a few other issues that make playing it feel a little weird for melee players then it could actually replace melee as the standard. reason why brawl+ failed in addition to programmer issues, is the fact that it tried to be half melee and half brawl. as a result most melee players were like *** this id rather just play melee. and alotta brawl players rather just play brawl for whatever reason. now if brawl+ had came out first then it may be a different story. and brawl - is for da lulz so i dont see it really dying as many people dont take it seriously in the first play and only play it just to goof off. (makes a great drinking game)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
^ When are you planning to join us for Melee sessions, again? :smash:
When i get my wii able to play melee again. (disc drive died, only wii games for now)
It probably isn't a big deal for those who have the basics down, but i'm not even able to make my characters move the way i want them to yet.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I was giving Eric's Puff the business last night.

He won the majority of the Fox vs Puff.

But I won a positive ratio in ICs vs Puff.

I also ***** his secondaries hard.

With my Fox.

Top Bottom