• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

maybe an infinite

deviljin545

Smash Cadet
this is the setup, grab short hop with nana, down throw with popo, down smash with nana, grab repeat.

i need to know if this can be di'ed or escapable.

ice climbers chain grab.: https://youtu.be/ubyNAfcxX34

Last edited:

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Down throw -> Nana shorthop dair is escapable through SDI.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
dthrow->dsmash cg works on characters that you can already raw dthrow cg.
You dsmash while they are in the throw animation.
Fly uses dtilt instead, I'm not sure what the benefit is.
Not an infinite, but it's still a really powerful cg.

Last edited:

deviljin545

Smash Cadet
dthrow->dsmash cg works on characters that you can already raw dthrow cg.
You dsmash while they are in the throw animation.
Fly uses dtilt instead, I'm not sure what the benefit is.
Not an infinite, but it's still a really powerful cg.
ill post a vid tommorow

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
If this is what you're talking about...

Then it's not an infinite. See Derfs comment for an explanation.

However, the ICs do have a known second infinite if you're curious. If you're playing against a DK, Ness, or Bowser and have them against the edge of the stage in a grab, you do NOT need to walk forward with Popo to get the regrab off of Nana's forward throw. This means that the hand-off can be continued ad infinitum since you will never reach the end of the stage. The timing is rather strict, and quite frankly you'll probably only find yourself playing against these characters once in a blue moon; but it's still kind of cool to know about.

Last edited:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't use dsmash since a fresh dsmash breaks the opponent out of the grab. Dtilt never has that issue. Against characters whom the dthrow CG lasts a while on, though, I think it's typically best to just not have Nana do anything and also not pummel with Popo. That way, the dthrow CG lasts longer, both due to fewer other things racking up damage and dthrow occupying more of the stale move queue. The reason that is nice is that if the opponent doesn't DI away and isn't at a really low percentage, you have an easy wobble set-up, but if they DI away too many times, they'll be close to an edge, which leads to a handoff, which itself can directly lead to a kill or a wobble. If the opponent decides to DI away until they're at a percentage where they can escape with a double jump, and then DI up and in and jump to escape when they reach that percentage, then doing damage more rapidly during the CG decreases the horizontal distance the enemy needs to travel before having this option, meaning they'll less often need to worry about getting near an edge.

That all said, I'm pretty sure this guy is talking about dthrow -> dair since he mentioned having Nana short hop, which, as others noted, is easy to escape.

derdian

Smash Cadet
The most optimal chain grab on characters like sheik and ganon is dthrow -> nana taunt -> regrab with popo -> repeat

Top Bottom