• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [May 8th, 2015] Western Smashachusetts, Smash 4 (Greenfield, MA)

ALiBi212

Smash Cadet
NNID
ALiBi212

Howdy y'all! Do you like Smash 4? Yes you do! Do you like tournaments? For sure! Have you ever been to Western Massachusetts? Of course not! Well now's your chance!

Come visit the quiet town of Greenfield, MA on May 8th for Western Smashachusetts! This will be the first of a series of (hopefully) bi-weekly tournaments hosted right here in downtown Greenfield. The youth commission has given us the local Moose Lodge to use from 7:30 to 12:30.

Since this is our first tournament, we will only be doing Smash 4 singles. If there is lots of extra time, we may host doubles afterwards (We definitely plan on adding other events if this continues into the future, like Melee or PM).

General Info:
Registration Time: 7:30pm
Start Time: 8:30
Venue Fee: $2
Entry Fee: $5
Fees will be split among the top 3 players
BYOC (bring your own controller)

20 School St. Greenfield, MA 01301
Right off of I-91 and Route 2!
There is a large public parking lot nearby on Davis Street, behind Wilson's Department Store

Rules:
  • 2 Stock, 6 minute time
  • Custom Fighters Off
  • Mii Fighters are legal. Setups will have 1-1-1-1 Brawlers/Swordsman/Gunners (no other custom Mii setups are allowed)
  • Stage Striking: The player with port priority strikes one stage from the starter list. Then the other player strikes two stages. The first player strikes one last stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.
  • All additional rules follow Apex Rules

Stagelist:
Starter Stages
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Town & City
  • Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Omega Stages*
*Treated as Final Destination in banning phase

https://www.facebook.com/events/1586313068290433/1586313268290413/

P.S.! We appreciate any extra setups that can be brought. Anyone who brings a setup (WiiU, Gamecube Adapter, and TV) will have their venue fee waived!

Last edited:

_Spiff_

Smash Rookie
Glad to see Western Mass getting a weekly going. If Melee and/or PM were added I'd be there every week.

ALiBi212

Smash Cadet
NNID
ALiBi212
Glad to see Western Mass getting a weekly going. If Melee and/or PM were added I'd be there every week.
We'll definitely look into adding those! (Particularly Melee). We want to make sure we can run a smooth Sm4sh Tourney first, but as soon as we know we can, we'll be expanding!

_Spiff_

Smash Rookie
When the time comes to add melee, myself and other Umass Amherst players that will be here for the summer should be able to help out big time with CRTs and consoles

Pickles_211

Smash Rookie
My brother and I are trying to get into competitive smash and this sounds great! We're high school students (and I have AP tests coming up), so we might not be able to make it this time, but if this becomes a regular event, both of us would definitely come if possible

GriffinKai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Griffin4455
My brother and I are trying to get into competitive smash and this sounds great! We're high school students (and I have AP tests coming up), so we might not be able to make it this time, but if this becomes a regular event, both of us would definitely come if possible
Sweet! You should totally try to come! It's a great time to get into competitive Smash! I have AP tests this week so its going to be a stressful week for myself. (I'm running this event with the help of AliBi)
It'd be great if you and your brother were too come, if this goes well it should become a biweekly tournament.

Pickles_211

Smash Rookie
Sweet! You should totally try to come! It's a great time to get into competitive Smash! I have AP tests this week so its going to be a stressful week for myself. (I'm running this event with the help of AliBi)
It'd be great if you and your brother were too come, if this goes well it should become a biweekly tournament.
We will try our best to make it (I don't know if our parents will let us). I hope this becomes a regular event because we've been searching for nearby tournaments.
Also managing this and taking AP tests sounds pretty harsh, good luck with that

Shape

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shapezorz557
3DS FC
0173-1784-0442
I live in West Springfield MA, and have been looking for locals close to me. I am a college student but I don't have a car and I don't drive, but I'd love to see go if you guys are still running locals. I mainly play Melee but I while playing any smash game.

Top Bottom