• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 31, 2014] Smash Carolina IV: Toad Man Strike Back (Melee/P:M) (Greenville, SC)

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
LET'S DO THIS

Smash Carolina IV

DOORS: 12pm

Project M DOUBLES: 1pm

Project M SINGLES: 2pm

Melee DOUBLES: 3pm

Melee SINGLES: 4pm

Apex Ruleset for Melee

Project M Ruleset
: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jIX6_cct0ioDE9I41w7VObc9PGghDRhp5-VrPCKUNzg/edit?usp=sharing

LET'S DO THIIIIIIIIIS

Streaming will be provided by Clockwork Studios. Check them out on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9ROTlrlGabjSlo7YhVKng

We will also be hosting the first Extinction Special Event! The Extinction Team will be periodically having special events at 1Up sponsored tournaments ranging from Curleh Mustache-esque team battles to high stakes money matches between players!

This special event will be a high stakes money match for $100.00 between EX|Atlas and Spin Jump in Project M!

As usual, we will have a Marvel set-up for casuals.

Extra set-ups are also welcome if you want to bring them.

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

VENUE RULES FOR PARKING: Do not park in front of the dry cleaning place directly beside 1Up. They have a "No Parking" sign posted in their window. Do not park in front of the Pet Salon, Upholstery store or Florist until they close. After they close the parking in front of their stores will be available. Any parking space near the road, in front of 1Up or in front of the Nationwide building are fair game from when you get here until you leave.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Probably won't be able to come since I have an SAT like, June 7th and EoC's around that time. If I can I'll be there but egh.

Since it'll be Summer will these tournaments increase or decrease in frequency and by how much?

Sylux

Smash Rookie
Hey is this open to anyone? I live pretty close and am looking for my first tournament to go to. Also, does it cost anything, and do I need to sign up ahead of time or just when I get there?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Hey is this open to anyone? I live pretty close and am looking for my first tournament to go to. Also, does it cost anything, and do I need to sign up ahead of time or just when I get there?
This tournament is open to ANYONE! Please come and make sure to bring your own controller!

I believe the cost to get in is $5 venue fee (to get in and play friendlies) and $5 for each event you want to enter (the tournament).

You can RSVP for the event but you do NOT need to sign up in advance. You can just show up at the door with money and a controller and be set.

I could be wrong. Lol.

Last edited:

Sylux

Smash Rookie
This tournament is open to ANYONE! Please come and make sure to bring your own controller!

I believe the cost to get in is $5 venue fee (to get in and play friendlies) and $5 for each event you want to enter (the tournament).

You can RSVP for the event but you do NOT need to sign up in advance. You can just show up at the door with money and a controller and be set.
Ok thank you so much man! I'm really excited, I'll have to go down and enter singles probably even though I don't plan on winning anything. It'll just be fun to meet people and learn the game from people who know what they're doing.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Ok thank you so much man! I'm really excited, I'll have to go down and enter singles probably even though I don't plan on winning anything. It'll just be fun to meet people and learn the game from people who know what they're doing.
You can talk to people and see if one of them needs a partner. Just make sure they're not super serious and get mad.

You'll get a lot more matches (or at least two) since at the last tournament there was 1 friendly setup for P:M and one for Melee. It would also have someone you get to know.

Awesome, looking forward to meeting you!
For commentating should I find the Facebook link from the other thread and talk to those guys?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
You can talk to people and see if one of them needs a partner. Just make sure they're not super serious and get mad.
There's only one guy who goes to these, that would actually do that. I'm pretty sure he already has a partner as well.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Lizalfos is planning on coming I believe . You guys can get FHed Daired 4dayz now. I think he can consistently laser spam now though :awesome:.

If I'm coming I'll be planning to get pretty far in bracket and not lose in one of Link's best MU's.

I think I could've won if I got that Spin OoS the first game. Brb practicing Spin OoS for 5 hours. ;-;

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Who? How far is far?
I'm planing on leaving the top 8 and making some top 5.

Sword

Smash Cadet
Can we enter in both Project M and Melee tournaments? Thanks in advance.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
Lizalfos is planning on coming I believe . You guys can get FHed Daired 4dayz now. I think he can consistently laser spam now though :awesome:.

If I'm coming I'll be planning to get pretty far in bracket and not lose in one of Link's best MU's.

I think I could've won if I got that Spin OoS the first game. Brb practicing Spin OoS for 5 hours. ;-;
Lol turn off jump OOS

all your problems will be solved

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
I'm gonna come to this one. Should be fun. Hopefully I won't have to lose on stream this time lol jk

wish I was near SC 2 of the wifi warriors I used to play are going good luck guys

Dominating

Smash Rookie
I will be there for sure doing friendlies on Smash 64 (luckily i got the day off), I'll bring the system and the game. I only have 1 working controller (since no one else in my house can maintain 1 working 64 controller other than the one i use), so please bring your own 64 controller for use until I can get at least another working 64 controller(2 weeks until payday and I have the option to get another one). I hope so see you guys there!

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Tournaments Coinciding with the week before exams...
Hoping I can come and seek vengeance on those who have wronged me. This time I plan to honorably lose to the Ivysaur main, and then 2-0 the Tink who doesn't utilize his camping tools by using my new perspective on the Tink-Falco matchup. Its all very complicated technology, but it turns out that rolling and DI'ing into up-smashes will indeed kill you, however anybody can see how even a skilled player such as myself could consider that an approach option. I'm excited to now lose to to some marth main since I'll be 3 games into the bracket.

I would love to team up with some other player for teams, just for the experience, but I wouldn't want to team with somebody with considerably more skill: I'd end up holding them back. Player -0's team partner from the previous tournament has a friend who knows a guy with a cousin that just started playing G&W competitively, so I'll prolly be the one getting F-Smashed by G&W in the few choice moments where I'm not shooting Lasers at him.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I can confirm, Sonicraft (Windfish) and his friend, "Bruce" (Secretly Batman?), are coming. If I go Sonicraft will be partnering with me (I think?) and Bruce MIGHT be partnering with Lizalfos. Idk.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Who the he'll are these people and y r they even coming to sc

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
Hello all, I live in Spartanburg, and would love to attend this as my first tourney, but I will be busy. Is there any chance this will be a consistent event? ( If it already is, pardon my new-ness lol ) I'd love to become a regular within the South Carolina Community soon. :)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Hello all, I live in Spartanburg, and would love to attend this as my first tourney, but I will be busy. Is there any chance this will be a consistent event? ( If it already is, pardon my new-ness lol ) I'd love to become a regular within the South Carolina Community soon. :)
Sorta, I think we have something once a month; tournament wise. SC has some crews, so if you're up for a drive, you can get some great practice in. PM me if you would like to get in touch with some and you can even go on ahead and join the SC melee page if you haven't already. You don't have to be a melee player, but if you're into smash at all, it's a great place to stay in touch with the SC smashers.

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
I much prefer Melee so that goes hand in hand with becoming a better competitive player :) Btw, thanks for the fast reply! Also, would you mind providing a link to the SC melee page, It would be much appreciated. :)

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
Thanks, I sent in a request. For the record, I am likely a younger player then the majority of you ( sophomore ) But I can of course provide my own attendance. However, just to clarify, there are no age restrictions or anything of the sort for the tournaments? :)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Thanks, I sent in a request. For the record, I am likely a younger player then the majority of you ( sophomore ) But I can of course provide my own attendance. However, just to clarify, there are no age restrictions or anything of the sort for the tournaments? :)
SC is rated E
as in for everyone

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
Fair enough xD. Just didn't want to walk in on a group aged 10 years above me or something and deal with the awkward lol. Alright, thanks for your help. See ya around the boards. :)

Top Bottom