• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 31, 2014] Melee: Smash Ottawa Monthly #3 Featuring Kage, SAUS, BL!TZ and more!

Vanitas

Smash Ace
SOM is a Monthly tournament for Super Smash Bros. Melee hosted at Algonquin College, in Ottawa, Ontario.
It takes place on the 2nd floor of the E building, or "Student Commons".

Algonquin College
1385 Woodroffe Ave, Ottawa, ON K2G 1V8

The 118 bus stops directly there.

Apex Ruleset
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Entry Fee:
Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles: $10

Prizes:
1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%
3rd Place: 10%
4th and beyond: A deep warm feeling in your heart for playing your best

Tentative Schedule
11:00 PM - Doors Open
12:00 PM - Singles and Doubles Registration
12:15 PM - Doubles Begin
1:30 PM - Doubles Finals and Singles Registration Closes and Begins
4:30 PM - Bracket
7:00 PM - Tentative Crew Battle

Bring your own Controller!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
We'll be figuring out if we can run a PM event the day of the tournament, there are some concerns about time constraints. We would need setups for PM, so bring one if you can.

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
I would come from quebec with a carpool maybe, but only if I am certain there is PM, you know, don't want to drive 2:30 hours without the certainty that PM is gonna be there,

Darknut

Smash Cadet
I only play PM as well. I could have a set-up, but I might need to go out of town this Saturday. If I'm free I'll bring a Wii and PM

Vanitas

Smash Ace
The two main hosts, BL!TZ and myself, are not responsible for organizing PM unfortunately. Another person, as well as Kage, are willing to host a PM tournament but no efforts have been done to organize it yet (As it stands, there are no setups for PM (there may be some wiis but no confirmation on Brawl discs and SD cards)). This is all the information I have as of today (the day before the tournament) so it's up to your discretion if you would like to attend for PM only...especially if you are travelling from out of town.

So tldr;
There are no confirmations on PM, and the chances are looking slim as of now.

Thanks for the interest in the Ottawa community though!

Darknut

Smash Cadet
I live in Ottawa (west end) and have the whole shebang, Wii, sd card, Brawl disc, projector, gamecube controllers, the works.
I wasn't in town this weekend unfortunately, but I'd definitely be interested in future gatherings for Smash and could set up for PM.

Top Bottom