• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 30, 2015] Smash Wars: Episode 1 Revenge of the Hoohaa (Springfield, OR)

Jonix

Smash Cadet
NNID
JKshaw
"A long time ago, in a country far, far away... a couple of Japanese nerds had an idea... Smash 4 was born."

Welcome Oregon Smash 4 players! Since the release of Smash 4, I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to run the most epic regional Oregon has EVER SEEN! I have finally sealed down an amazing venue that not only includes chairs, tables for 180 people, but also a solid wifi connection for livestream to take place! This venue has enough room to fit all of our every needs! This room wont just have smash tho, it will also have a free slice of pizza and a bottle of water complementary of the host(from paying the venue fee) which will be from me! Please join us and bring Oregon together to have an epic battle of a life time! Hope to see you all there!!!

EVENTS INVOLVED AT THE VENUE:

Amiibo vs Amiibo battle

Smash 4 - 1v1

Smash 4 -2v2

Smash 4 Crew battle featuring: Canada vs Usa

Smash 64 (Hopefully)

POTENTIALLY: Double Dash (with enough interest and time, will debate running this when knowing this later)

TIMELINE FOR EVENTS:

10:00am - Doors open
10am-11am - Setup for ALL equipment
11am-12am - Signups for all events
12:30am - Amiibo bracket begins (will run periodically)
1:00pm - Smash 4 2v2 begins
3:00pm - Smash 4 1v1 begins
6:00pm - Smash 4 Crew battle starts
7:30pm - Clean up, everyone packs up and exits.
8:00pm - Venue is closed

COSTS FOR EVENTS:

Venue fee - $10 (will include 1 free slice of pizza and 1 free bottle of water, any additional bottle of water or pizza will be $1 each)
1v1 - $5
2v2 - $10 per team ($5 per person)
Amiibo battle - $2 (per each amiibo you enter)
Crew battle - To be discussed

EXPECTATIONS:

I expect you all to respect everyone that is running this event, they are taking time out of there day to help bring the greatest tournament experience to you. None of us are being paid for this, all the money for the venue fee will be going TOWARDS the venue. Please come with a good sense of hygiene, I know being in a venue for 9 hours can produce a lot of odors from anyone (I will be adding deodorant periodically for myself). Please pick up after yourself! There will be trash cans and recycling bins all over the venue so please don't create a corner mountain. When tournament starts, nearly all tv's will be used for tournament matches, so if I am calling matches I expect ALL tvs to be on character selection so we can run through this event and make this as less of a problem it can be. If you are using a third party wireless controller please turn off the controller or remove the batteries! They will disrupt tournament matches and make other devices get disrupted!

ALSO BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER, SHOULD HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO GET A HOLD OF ONE/BORROW ONE FROM SOMEONE

Don't forget this tournament is about having fun guys :-), win or lose. You should shake your opponents hands after the set is over. Good sportsmanship brings a positive smash experience for everyone. I expect good behavior out of everyone, if you need to walk off your loss please do so.

VENUE RULES:

The only access we have of this venue is the room and the bathrooms outside of the event room! Don't go exploring around the building if you haven't paid for the activities! If you decide to go and access other events within the building without paying, you may be asked to leave the venue by the owners. I WILL NOT reimburse you for your careless acts. Use your judgement wisely!

Don't leave the venue if you are in the bracket! If you are in the bracket and I am calling your match, I expect you to be sitting down playing within 10 min, otherwise I WILL disqualify you from your match. If you want to leave the venue, talk to one of the hosts so we can narrow it down for you. If you have any questions about this please don't hesitate to ask.

RULES FOR SMASH 4:

Customs: ON (we will unlock them on your wii U if necassary but please have them all unlocked :-) I would like this done before 11am... to make this run smoothly

Also the custom setups need to be by the Evo character setups

Items will be turned off

Character selection: You can either do rock paper scissors or flip a coin to decide who chooses character first, or you can both decide to choose your character instantly and save time since you will most likely choose the same character regardless (-.-)

Stage selection: These will be the stages for options in round 1. You can flip a coin to who bans the first stage or do rock paper scissors. You can also agree to smashville.... Banning stages will be a 1-1 option when deciding.

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination

Counter options for games 2 and 3. (Winner of round 1 gets to ban 2 stages of their choosing from this list)

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Town and City
Lylat
Castle Siege
Delphino
Duck Hunt (I know this stage never gets selected but w/e)
Halberd

Character selections for round 2 and 3:

If you win round 1, the winner chooses their character (and custom setup) first, then the loser will select their character. Same goes for round 3 (winner of round 2 chooses first then loser chooses next ect.)

DAVES STUPID RULE WILL NOT BE A RULE (going back to the original stage you won at)

Controllers: The only controller not able to be used will be the game pad, there is a glitch that can be performed with it and it wont be allowed because of it...

DOUBLES WILL HAVE THE SAME STAGE SELECTION AS SINGLES:

Items will be turned off

Customs: ON

Timer: 8 minutes

Stocks: 3 per person

In the event that time runs out of the match, the team with the most stocks wins that match. If both teams have equal stocks then the team with the combined lower percent wins that round.

RULES FOR AMIIBO VS AMIIBO:

Items will be turned off (should still be off)

Stocks: 3

Timer: 5 minutes

In the event that time runs out, the amiibo with the most stocks win. If both amiibos have equal stocks then the amiibo with the lowest percentage is the Victor of that round.

Stages will be the neutral stages (Battlefield, Smashville, and Final Destination) The stages will be set to random and selected that way. So no choosing counter stages against the opposing amiibo.

Once you enter your amiibo in the event, the host for this event will handle your amiibo by placing it inside the match. Any other questions you have of this event just ask :-)..

Crew Battle!!!

This event will be decided in teams and the team for USA will be decided based on your Smash 4 1v1 performance. So do your best and have as much fun with it as you can :-).

Stocks: 3 per player on each team

Timer: OFF

There will be a character lock for this event (once you choose your character for this event you will be stuck with him until you are out)

This crew battle will have the 3 neutral stage starters for stage selection.

This will be a stock deciding crew battle, the stocks will be decided at the event.

There will be a trophy to go to the winner of this crew battle :-).

The pay out for 2v2 and 1v1 for smash 4 will be:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Payout to 4th or 5th will determine on how many people enter the bracket.

Amiibo event will be a winner takes all!

Stream and Challenge details will be posted shortly!

Hope to see you all there!

Bombchu Link

Banned via Administration
NNID
Arwing-Y
I'm a really good mario kart double dash player, so I'll get some hype.

I'm familiar with the rules and such on how to run it if you would like some assistance, I'd also be willing to bring a MKDD setup along with a sm4sh setup.

Jonix

Smash Cadet
NNID
JKshaw
Sounds amazing sir, I will definitely take some assistance If I an failing at running it.

Top Bottom