• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 24-25 - Everybody Loves Manko: Season 2

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
ok guys, I'll try to check up on the thread when I can, but today is officially by Birthday so I probably won't respond right away. ^_^

Reminder: when you print directions, make a note that right after you turn onto 22nd from Fowler there will be a set of traintracks and "Lenox Apartments" will be immediately on the left afterward. When you arrive, call me to let you in the building (or the gated side parking if the front parking is full). Make sure you enter my number into your phone!

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Happy Birthday Joe!

EDIT:
Oy hey I can bring recording hardware and software if someone brings a laptop. (I don't have a laptop of my own otherwise I'd bring recording capabilities.)

As of now from Gville it's me and fred.
We should also be able to bring a setup, one way or another.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday Joe!

EDIT:
Oy hey I can bring recording hardware and software if someone brings a laptop. (I don't have a laptop of my own otherwise I'd bring recording capabilities.)

Hell, if it's for recording's sake I'll bring my laptop. But that means you have to record all my tourny matches!!!

/deal

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
btw, I found a whole box of VHS I can use for recording. So if anyone has VCRs they want to bring, feel free to as I have plenty of tapes. I already have three VCRs of my own available. With enough, the entire tournament could be recorded.

So who's showing up tomorrow? ^_^

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I really wanna make it, but I was once again gayed of a ride >_<

So I may come, or not. Hopefully I am there though.

What time should I arive friday, and how much money should I bring other than my tourney entry?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
If you're coming Friday, arrive after 6:00pm. Any other day of the weekend, come when you want to. Both tourneys are starting at noon though.

As far as money. $5 door fee, $10 for teams Melee/Brawl, $15 Singles Melee/Brawl. Assuming you enter all 4 tourneys it would cost a total of $55. of course you'd also need food money over the weekend (I only have free drinks) and gas money for whoever gives you a ride. If there's time/desire we could do side tourneys too like crews or randoms. So yeah, I hope money won't be an issue for too many of you. If not, a full weekend of friendlies for either game should be pretty good reason to come.

derf

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday Joe!

EDIT:

i thought oscar was going plus we got to give josh a ride to something else. also raph if you read this call me in the afternoon

whos gonna be there friday night btw?

if people are just showing up saturday that might be preferable for us if theres no smashfest friday night. (we could just do our own fest here if its just gonna be 90% the same people). talk to me tomorrow afternoon when im hungover. obviously, im flexible about leaving either day

i probably should have sent a PM but w/e

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I won't be able to make it tonight. I have to work. I will be there tomorrow though and I will be bringing Monk with me. I will probably be smuggling my tv out of my room so that'll be another set up since I was going to bring my Wii anyway. I may or may not have a Power Strip, I have to find one, or if Dirty Rice sees this,would you mind hauling it over here if you are attending? Thanks and see you guys on Saturday.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX, pizza match? Also, we should get a bunch of friendlies in. OWNTU should get here Saturday night. You?
i dunno when we are coming. either saturday night or early sunday morning, since we'll probably be at brawl bash III most of saturday. ill give your boy his stuff back too.

i would like to record on my laptop, but i ran into some issues. Since the sound on my laptop is somehow not working anymore, if i record with the program Dscaler, theres no sound at all. This is a common problem with dscaler users, but I fixed that problem on my desktop, so my desktop can record matches WITH the game sounds. Now, if i use the program that came along with the dazzle ( Pinnacle Instant DVD Recorder), it records both sound AND video, but the sound is lagging behind the video.

So, i have two decisions. Bring my tower and monitor (at least its flat screen) and record onto it to have sound with the fights, or record on my laptop with no audio but great video. Which do you guys think i should do? It actually would be best if someone could tell me how to get rid of ( or at least lower) the sound delay so I don't have to lug around my tower and monitor. I was thinking that once i take the lagging sound video into my video editing program (i use TMPGenc to edit/compress), that i'd be able to split the audio and video from each other, and maybe move the audio up a second or so on top of the video, then put it back together. Or possibly, re-record the audio from the video playback, and slap it on top of the video.

Anyone with video recording experience with this sound delay problem, please help with suggestions

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh crap. It appears that for the first time in a long time, I won't be able to go to this tournament not because of parent johns, but sick johns. Well, I'm not really that sick, so I guess it's half and half.

If anything changes, I'll let you all know.

*very sad faced*

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Does it start out in sync and then after a while separates? It could be that your laptap is having trouble keeping up during the encoding while the PC is powerful enough to handle it. You should try messing around with some of the settings to get better results.

- 320x240 instead of 640x480 (half size is easier to handle and will look the same on youtube anyway)
- Switch codecs to something faster (if your program allows it.)
- close all background programs so the laptop doesn't have to struggle as much.
- buy more RAM.

It usually happens if the video skips a frame or two here and there in encoding. Since audio isn't as demanding, it continues without skips and eventually the video gets ahead of it since the skipped frames make the video shorter than the audio.

sexual predator

Smash Rookie
Anyone wanna team with me. im the best in my school. pretty sure I can get top 1-3 np. not cocky just confident

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I got the key to the clubhouse a couple hours ago and have been setting the place up. It's now 6:00, so anyone who wants to come over may do so now. Just give me a call when you get here.

I'll only be checking my computer every now and then as I'm still setting things up.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
All the Gainesville people should be arriving soon.

More should come tonight too. ^_^

Raistlin

Smash Lord
This tournament is going to be too pro. I am coming with Colbol, Rx-, and Dark Sonic tomorrow morning, wut wut

Top Bottom