• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 24, 2014] A New Hope! (Return of the /Hope series!)

M@v

Subarashii!
Thanks for coming out everyone. It was a fantastic event that I hope you all enjoyed. It felt great to be back at the memorial hall again :).
Melee Singles (69 entrants)
Bracket:
1: c9 Mango
2: DP
3: Vanz
4: Lake
5: Machiavelli
5: Taki
7: House
7: Beegs
9: Kittie MW
9: Pat
9: Naka
9: Yoso
13: Stro
13: shroudedone
13: 1der
13: sweet
17: No Fun Allowed
17: VI
17: Club
17: Carroll
17: JMOAN
17: StreamWolf
17: Mordicon
17: Slarty
25: jbro
25: hesh
25: M@v
25: the Whispering Warlock
25: Keer
25: Kanye Rest

--------POOLS CUTOFF (Top 3 made it out of 6/7 man pools)-------

\4th seeds/
Sphunx
Ghengis Khan
Sil
Ders
Etwas
EggNawg
Space Thing
Sean
Lady
Yaboy

\5th seeds/
Captain Ahab
Kaio-ken Kid
Baby Jacob
Deez
Zappdos
Flayco
DougJ
Dog Guy
Buttzone
Blue Dew

\6th seeds/
Barbarossa
DSG
Pumpkin butter
Rage
SMYN_Moses
Only Wonderboy
Attaboy
Nezzach
Wormwood
DogDickorRiot

\7th seeds/
DYL
Gato
Bambi
Tm26
HanjieBallz
R2D10
Dorf
Turtle

PM Singles (45 entrants)
Bracket:
1: C9 Mango
2: Zhime
3: Boss
4: Vanz
5: Lake
5: Sweet
7: 1der
7: M@v
9: JMOAN
9: DP
9: House
9: Freze
13: Beegs
13: Vyke
13: StreamWolf
13: Naka
17: Oh Snap Macaroni Party Takes a Nap
17: Buttzone
17: Attaboy
17: Only Wonderboy
17: Life
17: Carroll
17: STN
17: JESUS
25: Shroudedone
25: Captain Ahab
25: Mr.M
25: Sil
25: Narp
25: R2D10
25: BlueDew
33: No Fun Allowed
33: Lady
33: Bambi
33: Nezzach
33: SMYN_Moses
33: Gato
33: Yaboy
33: Ghengis Khan
33: Symag
33: Zappdos
33: Lemonwater
33: Kanye Rest
49: Barbarossa

Melee doubles (23 Teams)
Bracket:
1: Beegs and C9 Mango
2: DP and Boss
3: Whispering Warlock and 1der
4: Lake and Naka
5: Kittie MW and Yoso
5: Vanz and Pat
7: JMOAN and Hesh
7: Carroll and Sweet
9: Mordicon and HmastaJ
9: Club and Ghengis Khan
9: Stro and Jbro
9: House and Zappdos
13: Shrouded and Slarty
13: Ders and Baby Jacob
13: Lado and Yaboy
13: No fun allowed and R2D10
17: Freze and Sil
17: bye
17: bye2
17: DogDickorRiot and DSG
17: Dos Equis and PkBlaze
17: Captain Ahab and Eggnawg
17: BlueDew and Nesszach

PM Doubles (12 Teams)
1: C9 Mango and Naka
2: DP and Boss
3: Vanz and Sweet
4: Vi and 6Der
5: Freze and Sil
5: M@v and Stro
7: No fun allowed and R2D10
7: JESUS and STN
9: Oh Snap Macaroni Party Take a Nap and JMOAN
9: Captain Ahab and Eggnawg
9: House and Zappdos
9: BlueDew and Nesszach

Last edited:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to DP and Boss for being super chill even if they were dead tired. Hopefully I see more of you guys in this area. Gotta talk more about dat Yu-Gi-Oh too.

Mang0 for coming to the tournament in the first place.

VanZ too. Also all the new blood and familiar faces that showed up.

Hopefully we'll get some of the Canada guys down here again, I miss those guys.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
I'm nearly certain that I (Ya Boy) should be listed as the 4th seed of my pool (pool 10), as I only lost/dropped a game to three people in my pool.

Nevertheless, S/O to Blake for our Bo5 random char/random stage MM. Hypest part of the tournament! GGs and better luck next time, OU ;)

Thanks to Mang0, Vanz, and The Lake for friendlying me to help me improve my Falco

Lado for carrying our team to 13th place <3

And Gato for driving. ha

Last edited:

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Awesome tournament guys, thank to all who stepped up and did commentary. I don't think there was a single game where names and scores weren't updated, which was awesome. As always, I was running around like crazy getting matches done while running stream so I didn't get many friendlies in :(.

Shoutouts:

Davey: THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THAT MIC. Savior of commentary on the day here. Good stuff while on the mic too.
YaBoyy: Awesome Roy/Mewtwo money match, I'm excited for that rematch. My Roy has to defend his glory.
KanyeRest: Always fun being on the mic with you, good stuff with Maxx as well. I'm listening to you guys now as I edit :)
Zhime: I might hate PM Zelda but you make her look cool and our set was fun. Playing you first was karma for johning about her so much lol
Life: HOLY **** OUR SET WAS NUTS. I know you have a ton of characters but man, your Pit is something else. Great set and I'm excited for when we play next.
Attaboy: Keep with that Samus dude, you gave me a hell of a lot of trouble. Good games.
DougJ: Fun sets as always. Ganon might not be in my heart anymore but I want to play you in Ganon dittos at MoaL if I get the time :)
Dempt: I don't care what you enter as, you're always Dempt lol. Good games in pools, I hope I gave you at least SOME trouble hahaha
Sweet: That set we had was nuts, especially for a Sheik ditto. I can't wait until we play again, gonna put in even more work :)
Baby Jake: You've been labbing it up hard and it shows, keep up the good work. Your Falco techskill in particular shot up dramatically from when I played you last at Shape IV. I know Alex left :( but try to get in contact with people close to you (I think you were talking with Beegs who would be awesome to train with) and hit the lab with that 20XX pack to practice shield pressure, tech chasing, etc... I'm still gonna make you play my Roy next time we meet though :)

I know I'm missing people but I really only put down who I actually played for the most part since I didn't get to play too many people, but running the stream is worth it to me. That being said, THANK YOU TO ALL OF PGH/NEOH FOR SUPPORTING ME. I honestly couldn't do all this stuff without you guys helping out and giving me feedback. You guys are all the best <3

Life

Smash Hero
Oh yeah I suppose I should do shoutouts.

Shoutouts to that one money match.
Shoutouts to everyone I played in bracket: Barbarossa, The Lake, Ghengis Khan, Sil, and Beanwolf, in that order. Fun games all around.
In particular, shoutouts to Lake, because the fact that I played his Ivysaur is probably directly responsible for me beating Sil's Ivysaur later on; and Beanwolf for the same reasons he just outlined LOL. Also shoutouts to Sil. That set was even closer than the Beanwolf one.
Shoutouts to Lemonwater. You're pretty much new right? Hope you had fun and keep coming back.

I think that might cover it?

M@v

Subarashii!
Really late on this, but I wanted to give a big shoutout to everyone for coming out and supporting this event, it really means a lot to me. We had a great turnout, actually the highest ever for a Hope I believe. All of the previous Hopes were pre-Evo/documentary era, and it was a big deal back then to get 50 entrants at a melee tournaments :). Anywho, I'm happy to be back with the Hope series, and I'm going to start looking into when to host the next one. Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, we'll see a 2 day event next time around ;).

Specific shoutouts:
Carroll, Beanwolf, Stro, and all others who helped me run the event: Couldn't do it without all of you!
Beanwolf: Fantastic job on the stream, it got nothing but high praise from everyone, including me.
Zhime: I need to discuss Zelda shenanigans with you sometime :)
JMOAN: Glad you and Penn State could make it out <3
Mango: Good job winning all events; had fun finally getting the chance to play you in tournament.

Paran0id_Andr0id

Smash Cadet
Ders here.

Beegs: Good **** <3
Chris/kittymw: <3 Sucks that our pool was so poorly seeded tho.
Pat: <3 Thanks for driving home boy.
Tony: <3 Same as Chris.
Too lazy to do more s/os. Also wish someone like Carroll would've done pools. A lot of them were extremely free and my pool in particular had 3 people from the same regional crew facing each other. Pretty lame.

Top Bottom