• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 2, 2015] Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings and KTAR SPAU 4 Project:M and Smash4 (Livonia, MI)

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean, if we were to count this tourney for the next PR (Which I am mildly against)

Then I would be totally FOR including Meek in our PR.

After all, he'd have shown up for just as many MI tourneys as plenty of other PR candidates by the end of the season.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah we need another mid tier on our PR. I agree as well.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yo meek, if you can include DDM in your carpool, that would be great :denzel:

He's been wanting to go ever since I mentioned it to him.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
If this is under the current season, I'll be here.

edit... holy ****, this is in May.

Roller

Smash Legend
Why? All this will do is make the current season like half a month longer than next season.. (+1 week for this, -1 week for next) And then a worse problem will occur next season.

We'll have enough tourneys for this season.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
My thing is that SK wont be eligible for the PR this season unless another tournament is present. PS3 will be his first this season.

Its not worth it for him to go to Skynet much like it isn't worth it for you. Weve offered season extensions in the past targeted toward specific players. Don't see we can't do that here. Especially for our #2.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Its not worth it for him to go to Skynet much like it isn't worth it for you.
Why not? He said he'd come to this only if it counts for PR so we know that's his biggest concern. After that, Skynet and this tournament are both a 4 hour drive for him. Skynet has a $7 entry and this is only $5. Skynet will pay 1st 60% while this has a good chance of being less than that. I doubt there'd be much attendance difference. The only real incentive I see to this over Skynet is that more good people might be at this thus there'd be more PR points to gain.

I don't particularly care if it counts or not.

JTsm

Smash Master
Even though I'm not part of the panel, I would like SK to go.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
We haven't extended for a player while I've been on the panel.

And I think it's dumb if SK isn't on as well, but he has/had the opportunity to come to PS2, ICE, VENGEANCE, Skynet, PS3, GTS2, and APEX. Just like anyone else. West MI people will have been to 2-4 tourneys.

If he wasn't/isn't able to get to 2 tourneys in this 4 month period, what are the odds he makes 2 in a smaller time period next season? It's best to enforce the time period this season in order to prevent extensions from happening in multiple seasons. imo.

SK, come to VENGEANCE if you're free that weekend. Chi is a WAY better TO than Day was at SiiS, has assured me you would be a 1st seed, and we may be able to get some financial help for you to get there if that is part of the issue. I reeeeally want you on the PR, but it wouldn't be ethical, efficient, or make much overall sense to extend the season for you alone. =/

And to add to WTP's post, last skynet had ~30 person turnout. With over a hundred for winner. This will probably be ~ the size of ICE, with same $5 entrance fee. and the winner of that got only 50 something I think. Not saying don't come to this, but rather if you are willing to come to this for PR, it actually makes even more sense for you to go to skynet. So I would recommend doing that even IF this was to be counted.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
We haven't extended for a player while I've been on the panel.
I'm pretty sure the reasoning behind not extending in the past was that it was for players like L_Cancel and Anther who were extremely inactive and it wasn't possible to determine if the extension would help them in the first place.

And I think it's dumb if SK isn't on as well, but he has/had the opportunity to come to PS2, ICE, VENGEANCE, Skynet, PS3, GTS2, and APEX. Just like anyone else. West MI people will have been to 2-4 tourneys.
I tried to go to PS2, don't really want to get into that, but I couldn't go. There's no way in hell I would go to ICE. It was announced later than PS3, scheduled for two weeks earlier than PS3, and your tourneys have a history for being more smashfests than anything. GTS2 had what, below 10 entrants? APEX was a big commitment. Skynet and VENGEANCE I'll get into later.

If he wasn't/isn't able to get to 2 tourneys in this 4 month period, what are the odds he makes 2 in a smaller time period next season? It's best to enforce the time period this season in order to prevent extensions from happening in multiple seasons. imo.
Winter was basically what prevented me from going to two tourneys this season... so if you're saying that the same thing would happen next season, lol.

SK, come to VENGEANCE if you're free that weekend. Chi is a WAY better TO than Day was at SiiS, has assured me you would be a 1st seed, and we may be able to get some financial help for you to get there if that is part of the issue. I reeeeally want you on the PR, but it wouldn't be ethical, efficient, or make much overall sense to extend the season for you alone. =/
I'll still think about VENGEANCE I guess, but I'm likely not going for more than just financial reasons.

And to add to WTP's post, last skynet had ~30 person turnout. With over a hundred for winner. This will probably be ~ the size of ICE, with same $5 entrance fee. and the winner of that got only 50 something I think. Not saying don't come to this, but rather if you are willing to come to this for PR, it actually makes even more sense for you to go to skynet. So I would recommend doing that even IF this was to be counted.
This tourney is farther off and has more potential to get more attendees. It doesn't look like skynet is that hype at all.

With all that said, I'll deal with whatever decision happens.

ZTD | TECHnology

WTP, the financial aspect is irrelevant. All Skynet would do is fufill his minimum attendance requirement. The reason he'd go is to beat people worth beating. Him being #2 and beating...me for example isnt going to be the deciding factor of anything more than likely.

And you also have to consider the stress and strain of a 4 hour car ride BY YOURSELF. It would be difficult enough to stay motivated for just a local doing that. For Vengance, he'd have to drive 4 hours to my place himself and stop. Get picked up. Stay in a car again for 4 hours.

Then do it all over again in reverse order. That's a lot to ask of someone who's gonna be driving 8 hours himself for a local 2 weeks prior. Money is like the least of the concerns. I'm just ask you all to his side all the way through THEN make the decision.

For someone who shows THIS much dedication ...just consider it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm find if this tourney ends the season, Dan is one of our best and him not on makes it look bad.

If Dan comes to this or VENGEANCE I'll pay or help pay for your for his singles entrance since it seems finances are his biggest issues.

What's The Point

Smash Master
WTP, the financial aspect is irrelevant. All Skynet would do is fufill his minimum attendance requirement. The reason he'd go is to beat people worth beating. Him being #2 and beating...me for example isnt going to be the deciding factor of anything more than likely.
At this his only real win would be Roller or Zinoto and he'd probably only play one of them. Roller might even be at Skynet.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm not even a good win for him.

If we wins: Oh #2 beat #8...as it should be. No surprise there SK is better.

If he lost to me: Oh **** SK lost to Tech?! That's gonna hurt him.

There's no benefit from him playing me from that perspective.

And even if Roller goes its not as helpful as veating Rage or Zinoto.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Rayquaza said he might go. And at this point he's looking like #1 on our PR.

And I'm going to body him.

Again.
Pfft, like he'd go to a tournament you're entering, and he got his one time Zinoto win. He's never coming back to tournaments.

I honestly rather extend the season till June and have two PRs for the year than extend it for a week. Extending it for this tournament artificially extends it for three weeks since people pace tournaments two weeks apart. Then it really starts at June and that only gives 3 months till the season ends putting more issues of people attending two tournaments. And then the last season has the most unavailable weekends due to holidays again making it even harder. Now slippery slopes are great arguments so I say end it before May or extend it to the end of June.

Roller

Smash Legend
a half year is far too long. Wins from 6 months ago should not be cited for being representative of the present.

I'll make a discussion in the panel group for us to discuss, offer perspectives, and then vote. Clearly this isn't too straight forward.

EDIT: PANEL MEMBERS: Discuss topic in PR group. Thread has been made.

Top Bottom