• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 17, 2014] Smash Studios presents: Cute Cats 7 (Melee and Project M) (Atlanta, GA)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
keep in mind - if you are entering multiple events, Melee takes priority over everything else.

If you have to play a match in Melee and you're in the middle of a set in a side tournament, you will have to leave mid-set and finish your melee match.

No holding up the main events.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Also, I have a handtruck/dolly to assist with carrying TVs - we'll try to get pictures posted to show you where you can park and where you can pull up to do tv drop offs.

The Flow

Smash Cadet
***ATTENTION***
So as some of you saw, GA Tech is locking the Klaus classrooms this weekend. This is the same room Cute Cats 7 is scheduled to be held in. Right now, John Sleepyk Lee and I are trying to rent the room and we will pay for it out of pocket. SleepyK is also planning on sleeping at Klaus overnight on Friday so he can open the doors for everyone on Saturday for Cute Cates if they do not contact us on time. While we are optimistic everything will work out there are no guarantees. It is possible someone at Tech could shut the tournament down. In the case that happens, we will try to play in the Klaus hallways but this will lower the amount of setups and the quality of the tournament. If this influences anyone's decision to come (especially Out of State players), then we fully understand.

Karmaic Avidity

Smash Cadet
Oh man :o That's a bummer, why are they locking the classrooms? Either way, I don't think this will deter me from coming. My first tournament will be my first tournament!! :p

The Flow

Smash Cadet
Oh man :o That's a bummer, why are they locking the classrooms? Either way, I don't think this will deter me from coming. My first tournament will be my first tournament!! :p
Honestly were not too sure why. We have been using the classrooms for tournaments for over a year and I remember last summer they never did this so it doesn't have to do with summer break either. But like I said in my previous post we will try to rent the room out so as long as they get back to us we will be fine.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
If I come at 5 could I still participate in the tournament? I would really like to come but I can't get there earlier.

The Flow

Smash Cadet
If I come at 5 could I still participate in the tournament? I would really like to come but I can't get there earlier.
We are cutting off registration at 5 PM and starting doubles right after. If you are not able to come before 5 PM we won't be able to let you register sorry :(

The Flow

Smash Cadet
Alright guys so after exhausting every possible option we have decided to go ahead and try to use the tech venue tomorrow. Sleepy will stay in the room overnight and open the doors for everyone. We were unable to rent the room so there is a possibility the tournament could be shut down at any time. We are optimistic that won't happen though as nobody has ever tried to shut down any of our tournaments before. I know this is a smash tourney so it will be decently loud but try to keep the noise level down. Don't do things like shout across the room at each other.

Please be on time. Tournament registration starts at 4 PM and ends at 5 PM, NO EXCEPTIONS. Do the safe thing and come early. Check for traffic ahead of time. Don't call any of us if you are running late because of X problem, we are NOT able to hold anything up. ***ALSO PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!! IF WE DO NOT HAVE AN AMPLE AMOUNT OF SETUPS ROUND ROBIN POOLS WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!***

See everyone tomorrow!

EDIT: Quick map showing you where to park, where the building entrance is, and where to drop off TVs (view main post for other pictures)

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I can come! First tournament! Yeah! I'll bring a gamecube but I can't bring a TV. Hopefully this will be a great tournament!

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
best tournament I've been to yet. Met so many good players who were all willing to shed enlightenment. And those cookies were ****ing delicious

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament! Perhaps I won't get eliminated in pools next time...

Top Bottom