• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 17, 2014] KLPI Bi-Weekly Brawl and Project M Tournament (Ruston, LA)

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
EDIT: Results are up! http://smashboards.com/threads/klpis-get-good-smash-bi-weekly-4.355704/

Hosted by KLPI, our local radio station, and the three smashers MachoMachoMan, Mr. Fish, and yours truly, we are pleased to present our fourth bi-weekly tournament!

My apologies for being so long since our last one, we've gotten caught up in other events, etc!

This one will be the last for this school year - but don't fret, we'll have them (hopefully more regularly) come Fall Quarter at Louisiana Tech!

Date: May 17th, 2014
Schedule:
Registration/Setup: 11am-12:50pm
Tournament: 1pm-9pm
Note: Actual tournament end is subject to change.

Venue:
Louisiana Tech University's Kennel (Below the bookstore)
Louisiana Tech University
305 Wisteria St
Ruston, LA 71272

Note: The bookstore is the Barnes and Noble bookstore that sits relatively on the middle of campus. Alternatively, if you make your way to KLPI (we have a big sign that reads KLPI) there will be someone there that will point you to the venue.

Entry Fee: 2$
Prizes: Prizes are currently a 60/30/10 split for top 3.

Feel free to come for friendlies even if you don't want to join in! We wanted to be able to provide some kind of prize for our winners, and hopefully can continue doing so (It's dependent on our venue letting us, after all!)

Ruleset:
Brawl Rules:
The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
EDIT: Frigate Orpheon has been added to the CP stage list.
EDIT: The LGL has been extended to 50 for all characters except MK.

Project M Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

The event should be streamed at this url:
http://www.twitch.tv/getgoodsmash

Last edited:

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Alright man, I can't wait. I'll try and make it out to this one. My friend and I will be looking forward to it since he leaves for New Jersey for summer break. Also, real nice to see y'all got a prize pot this time

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
4 way split is too much for anything shy of 40 entrants per event tbh
Most places are 60/30/10

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
The chances I come to this are pretty slim
School is done over at NSU, I'm at my home in Anacoco now
There are no other smashers within an hour of me. My former roommate and teams partner at the last one lives in Shreveport
And my usual teams partner @RuslinJimmies from Pineville will almost certainly not be off this Saturday
Given those two things, driving 5+ hours round trip alone for a Ruston tourney is not kind to the wallet :(

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
There are no other smashers within an hour of me. My former roommate and teams partner at the last one lives in Shreveport
And my usual teams partner @RuslinJimmies from Pineville will almost certainly not be off this Saturday
Given those two things, driving 5+ hours round trip alone for a Ruston tourney is not kind to the wallet :(
Gonna miss you dude! No worries though. Hoping to grow this thing bigger and better come this Fall, and hopefully you'll be close enough then! Keep in touch.

Machomachoman

Smash Rookie
It's all good, you're just giving the rest of us a chance to win. Hope you can make it out more next year!

Frosti

Smash Cadet
hey man! remember me from whobo? I'll be there with my buddy donutt! do we need to bring setups?

Top Bottom