• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [May 16, 2015] Denti's Bizarre Adventure 4! Smash for Wii U! Denti, Larry Lurr, Amiibo! (Plano, TX)

Oracle

Smash Master
Once again, DBA is back! DFW's biggest tournament series returns with more competition than ever! Come out to compete against some of the best players in Texas, like Denti, Oracle, Bwett, Aerolink, and more! In addition to the main singles events, we will be featuring an Amiibo tournament for the first time in DBA history! Come see if your Amiibo has what it takes to win real cash prizes!

When
May 16th, 2015​

Where
FX Game Exchange,
3000 Custer Rd
Plano, TX​

The best Smash venue in the Metroplex, FX Game Exchange DFW has arcade cabinets, a dozen full Smash for Wii U Setups, and everything else gaming.

Schedule
10:00 AM: Venue Opens, Registration Begins
11:00 AM: Doubles Bracket Starts
12:00 PM: Amiibo Tournament Starts, Singles Registration Ends
12:30 PM: Singles Pools Start
5:00 PM: Singles Bracket Starts

Entry Fees:
Venue Fee: $5.00
Singles Entry: $10.00
Doubles Entry: $5.00 per person ($10.00 per team)
Amiibo tournament Entry: $5 per person​

Payouts:
1st: 42.5%
2nd: 22.5%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%

Singles and Doubles Rules

Amiibo Tournament Rules

Livestream
This event will be streamed on www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator . Be sure to follow to know exactly when we go live!

Additional Info
Conact me if you have any questions.
Rob Di
ckson
214-914-2134
Feel free to message me on Facebook on Smashboards!

Last edited:

Evilshadow28

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new to this website but I really do want to enter in this tourney because it's close to me, how would i go about signing up for this (I had played in a few non-official tourney before and they recommended me to try higher up one's) Please help me and Thank you

Oracle

Smash Master
Hey, I'm new to this website but I really do want to enter in this tourney because it's close to me, how would i go about signing up for this (I had played in a few non-official tourney before and they recommended me to try higher up one's) Please help me and Thank you
All you have to do is show up to the tournament with a controller and you're good to go! Just make sure to show up before registration closes for the event you want to enter!

Stay tuned for an important announcement! We've got a few extra things planned for this event, and it'll definitely be the biggest DBA yet, so make sure to show up and compete with Texas' finest!

Oracle

Smash Master
EDIT: LARRY LURR IS CONFIRMED!
The challenger for this month will be Larry Lurr! One of the best smash players in the world, Larry is proficient in Brawl, Melee, PM, and Smash 4! He's placed well in tournaments all over the country, including winning an Apex, so come out to DBA 4 and meet one of the best players in the world!

Last edited:

Mr.Tootles

Smash Rookie
So, what exactly is the building this will be held in, and what type of controller is preferred?

Oracle

Smash Master
So, what exactly is the building this will be held in, and what type of controller is preferred?
The building is FX game exchange, its a store that sells retro and modern games, repairs consoles, etc. Half of the store is a tournament area, with 12 Smash setups with monitors, wii u, and adapters.

You can use any controller besides the gamepad. Do you need anything else? Be sure to share the event with your friends!

Mr.Tootles

Smash Rookie
The building is FX game exchange, its a store that sells retro and modern games, repairs consoles, etc. Half of the store is a tournament area, with 12 Smash setups with monitors, wii u, and adapters.

You can use any controller besides the gamepad. Do you need anything else? Be sure to share the event with your friends!
It says Larry Lurr is confirmed as in going to be their, does that mean he is playing or we can meet him and maybe play him or whatever, and are controllers purchaseable at said store just in case we broke ours recently? Or do they do mostly repairs?

Oracle

Smash Master
It says Larry Lurr is confirmed as in going to be their, does that mean he is playing or we can meet him and maybe play him or whatever, and are controllers purchaseable at said store just in case we broke ours recently? Or do they do mostly repairs?
Larry will be entering, but you can meet him and play friendlies as well! The store would probably be able to fix your controllers, I would bring them by beforehand

Mr.Tootles

Smash Rookie
Larry will be entering, but you can meet him and play friendlies as well! The store would probably be able to fix your controllers, I would bring them by beforehand
Do you know if he will be accepting money matches?

Oracle

Smash Master
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
This event is 2 weeks away, and it's shaping up to be one of the biggest Smash 4 tournaments DFW has ever seen! Larry Lurr, all the way from the West Coast, is coming to challenge our region, and it's up to you to stop him!

DBA4 will be the first event with Player Bounties! We will be putting bounties on our top players, and any unranked players who can take a game off of them will get a prize! This goes for pools as well as the final bracket, so stay tuned for updates on what those prizes are!

batracuda

Smash Rookie
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
This event is 2 weeks away, and it's shaping up to be one of the biggest Smash 4 tournaments DFW has ever seen! Larry Lurr, all the way from the West Coast, is coming to challenge our region, and it's up to you to stop him!

DBA4 will be the first event with Player Bounties! We will be putting bounties on our top players, and any unranked players who can take a game off of them will get a prize! This goes for pools as well as the final bracket, so stay tuned for updates on what those prizes are!

When is the next tournament? I will not be able to attend this one

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Bounties are finalized! Here is the list of players with bounties on their heads:
Larry Lurr
TLoc Denti
Aerolink
Dakpo
TLoc Oracle

Anyone not on that list who can take 1 game off these players (in pools or bracket) will receive free entry and venue into the next Shockwave (or any FX weekly event) that they choose to attend, as well as a free snack or drink from the snack bar.

Anyone who can take a FULL SET off one of these players will, in addition to the above reward, receive $50 of in store credit at FX! They sell modern and retro games, accessories, and more, so this is an incredible prize! Make sure that you're here to get a stab at that store credit!

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Don't forget DBA is this weekend! With all of our top players, DEHF, and a ton of out of city support, this is gonna be the most hype event DFW as ever seen! A few announcements/reminders:
1. Dakpo has decided not to show up, so iiGGy will be taking his place on the bounty list. As a reminder, the full list is
Larry Lurr
Tloc Denti
Aerolink
iiGGy
Me
Remember, taking a game off these players wins you free entry/venue to the next shockwave you enter, and taking a full set off gets you $50 in store credit at FX!
2. There will be round robin pools for singles! This means that you get a good number of matches in for your money! This is a great way to get experience against the top players, so even if you're new, DBA will be a great experience!
3. The Amiibo tournament is still on! It will be a double elimination bracket, with cash prizes, so if you have a trained amiibo, come enter them for a chance to win big!
4. If you have any questions, feel free to message me, or text me at 214-914-2134! Get hype! I want to see everyone out here!
https://www.facebook.com/events/907115559344838/

Oracle

Smash Master
Don't forget this is tomorrow! This is going to be the biggest s4 event we've had in DFW, so be sure to make it out! A few last minute announcements
1. Show up at least 20 minutes prior to the start time of the first event you plan on entering. This leaves time for everyone to get signed up and ready, and makes sure that we'll be able to leave the venue on time
2. If you plan on entering the amiibo tournament, then show up as early as you can. This event is going to take a while to get going, so the earlier we can start, the better.
3. Remember to talk to people! Competition is one thing, but the best part of a Smash tournament is meeting people who love the same game as you! I've made many lifelong friends from being in this community, and especially towards our newer players, I would definitely encourage you to talk to and play friendlies with as many people as possible!
4. Get hype! Everyone get out here tomorrow and show your support! Let's see if dallas has what it takes to protect our homeland from Larry Lurr!

Top Bottom