• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 16, 2014] ICE Super Smash Bros. Monthly #1!? (Metairie, LA)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
HOSTED BY ICE COMPUTER CAFE...
ICE SUPER SMASH BROS. MONTHLY #1!!!!

That's right, a new venue for Super Smash Bros. tournaments in Metairie! We're looking to get a big number of entrants for this inaugural event, so hopefully we can expand to bigger and better things Smash Bros. at ICE! Tell your friends, family, classmates, coworkers, or whoever happens to be in Metairie to come join us!

ICE Computer Cafe will very accommodating for everyone coming to this event, in many ways! They have monitors, a cafe for refreshments, an audio system with a mic, and a big screen to view the bracket or watch exciting matches! However, there's one thing from you guys that ICE needs help with: SETUPS! If you have a TV, Wii, GameCube, any game disc, and/or SD card, please let us use it for the tournament! The more complete setups we have, the quicker the tourney runs, which means we will have a better chance of running more games at future events! And, of course, don't forget to bring your own controller, or be at the mercy of whoever lets you borrow theirs!

JOIN THE EVENT ON FACEBOOK

TOURNEY INFO
-Get here for 7:00 PM for registration, tournament starts at 8:00 PM!
-Venue fee: $5
-Entry fee for each event: $5
-Bring your own controller, or borrow one from someone who brought theirs ;)
-Singles play (1v1), double elimination bracket
-Matches are best 2 out of 3, Winner's/Loser's/Grand Finals are best 3 out of 5
-If you have to leave for any reason, for any amount of time, you MUST let me know! Otherwise, we may move the tournament along without you!
-Respect the venue and other people, and have a great time!

BRAWL
-3 stocks, 8 minutes, no items, no pause
-Metaknight is legal
-Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Halberd, Castle Siege, Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza (Any other stage can be played on only if BOTH players agree)
-No infinites past 300% or stalling tactics

MELEE
-4 stocks, 8 minutes, no items, no pause
-Wobbling is legal
-Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium

PROJECT: M
-4 stocks, 8 minutes, no items, no pause
-Stages: Bottom 2 rows of Page 1

Any questions, feel free to ask in this thread, contact me here on Smashboards, or ask in the Facebook event!

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I might come but idk if i'll be available that weekend! I'll let you know because I live like, 5 mins away. XD

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
OH YEAHAHAHAHAHA, I've added BOTH Melee and Project: M to this event! However, this increases the demand for setups from you guys! Anything you can bring will be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, anyone who has streaming knowledge/equipment that would like to help stream this event (and possibly future ones!), please get in touch with me ASAP!

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Message the user Bestrin about it, he's pretty new but he recently got into streaming and he'll probably be in the area.

Last edited:

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
Goddammit, like a few days before I get in town >.<

Well at least if this is a monthly I will probably be in town for a few other ones.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll try in make this, I'll talk to zone. I'm sure he'll be up 4 it.

Is this tourney on a Friday?

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
This is coming up in TWO DAYS! And I'm glad to announce that the NOLA Esports (who brought you the N.O.H.Y.P.E. stream) guys are streaming this event!

@ Roboturner Roboturner I know for sure a few guys are coming out, though I don't think all of them can make it. @ R ragnarock that is correct, it is THIS Friday. Hope you PCola guys can make it, that'll be hype!

Top Bottom