• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 10th, 2014]Open World Monthly #6 RESULTS!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Sorry about not immediately putting up the results, guys. Kinda got bombarded with life stuff, like Mother's Day and work and what not, but it's finally done! A few things I want to talk with you guys looking back at the event:
-Next month, as many of you probably already assumed, there will not be an OWM in June, as the Golden Chariot is taking that spot. Just wanted to clarify that in case some people weren't sure.
-I definitely need to manage time better, especially when it comes to scheduling start times for events. 30 minutes between every event is definitely not ideal, if not impossible to actually pull off. Definitely an hour between at the very least.
-Two big things that are subject to change:
1. As you guys suggested, I'll be putting Brawl as the second event, so the order of events will be PM -> Brawl -> Melee. With the better spacing out of events, things should run smoother and faster.
2. I'm strongly considering starting singles before doubles, but I know either way it goes, the two will overlap. I don't think I'll end up doing this, but I would like everyone's feedback on what they think about doing so.
-SETUPS! Yeah, it really sucked that we only had 2 PM setups to work with, but I feel on my end as a TO that I didn't stress the need for them, especially now we're getting to that point that people kind of expect someone else to bring one, so only a few bring some at all. But for those who have continued bringing what they could, you guys are amazing, and we couldn't have done it without you guys!
In closing, I would like to thank everyone for attending, and despite running into the AM, I was glad to hear so many of you saying you had a great time. Shoutouts to Brad and Trey and whoever else I can't remember specifically for helping me run stuff and signing people up, James and Matthew for bringing their stream setups, the Pensacola guys for bringing a carpool, and to all of you who brought anything setup related! See you guys at future monthlies!

And yes, I submitted the results to the Smashboard Rankings, so if anyone can help with names and characters, let me know!

Open World Monthly #6 Brawl Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
JNig
$24.00
2nd
Brawlman
$12.00
3rd
TRC | Curlz
$4.00
4th
Yams Everywhere
5th
DtJ | BSL
7th
Palestine
7th
Captain Z

Open World Monthly #6 PM Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
King Ramses (Avery)
$63.00
2nd
JNig
$31.50
3rd
Ragnarok
$10.50
4th
Mushroom Dynamite
5th
V
5th
Dinowulf
7th
Earwax
7th
Trey
9th
Captain Z
9th
TRC | Curlz
9th
Aly
9th
Jackets
13th
IcenFlame
13th
Jawn
13th
DtJ | BSL
17th
Komc
17th
Cocko
17th
CrowdControl
17th
Higgs
17th
Wolff

Open World Monthly #6 Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Owl
$84.00
2nd
King Ramses (Avery)
$42.00
3rd
Ragnarok
$14.00
5th
Citrus
5th
Zone
7th
V
7th
Brzz
9th
Mushroom Dynamite
9th
Free
9th
Jackets
9th
Earwax
13th
CrowdControl
13th
Aly
13th
Pritch
17th
Captain Z
17th
Wolff
17th
Tachyon
17th
Higgs
17th
Jawn
17th
Cocko
17th
Chris
17th
Zylo
25th
Komc
25th
Dinowulf
25th
Volk
25th
TRC | Curlz

MELEE DOUBLES
Bracket
1: Wed Sox (Avery & Jackets)
2: Ragnarok & Zone
3: Citrus & Mushroom Dynamite (Citrus & Griff)
4: V & Pritch
5: Critical Mass (Earwax and Tachyon)
5: Team Recovery (Risk & Captain Zack)
7: Zylo & Free (Zylo & Kenny)
7: Jared spelled C-U-R-L-Z (Wolff & Cocko)
9: Jawn & Komc
9: Aly & Dinowulf

PM DOUBLES
Bracket
1: Wed Sox (Avery & Jackets)
2: Ragnarok & Zone
3: ZZTop (Tachyon & Captain Z)
4: Dynamite in Your Ear (Earwax & Mushroom Dynamite)
5: Jawn & CrowdControl
5: Aly & Dinowulf
7: M2K & Ally (Brawlman & Curlz)
7: Team Blitz of the Invincible Dudes (Turaz & BSL)
9: Komc & IcenFlame
9: Jared spelled C-U-R-L-Z (Wolff & Cocko)

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Aaaaahhhhhhhh I could've had 7th in PM :[ disappointed in myself.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Good ****, Rag.

Also, if PM gets bumped up to first it will be significantly more difficult for me to make it here reliably because we generally use the time Brawl takes to run as a buffer.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Best results thread hands down. I had a great time you guys and hope I get to beat see you guys at the next one!

Jnig- You did a great job as a TO. I thought even with only 2 PM SETUPS you stayed cool and had things run smooth!
Other Zach (Tachyon)- You're Ganon is amazing and you're a great guy! It was really fun being doubles partners with you and I hope to do so again! ^^
Curlz- Thank you for being a loyal crew member and letting your Captain steal your lunch money <3
Risk- Omg we really are Team Recovery. I loved hanging out with you! You're an amazing Samus player and I hope to see you at Summercon! ^^
Griffard- THE WEEGEE IS STRONG WITHIN THIS ONE
Freddy- Mewtwo dittos are hypehypehype. I had a lot of fun playing you in the short time we did man! Nice job stealing everyone's money XD.
Trey- Thank you for sticking with me even though I'm a fraud who threw off the Beam Sword....</3
Palestine- You didn't beat me your brother did HAHAHAH :^)
Clown- Yo man our matches were super hype! I still don't know how that C4 hit me. ;-;
Dinowulf- Thank you so much for coming out from Pensacola just to play in this tourney! I love playing your amazing Yoshi and I hope to do so in the near future!
JHiggs- It's always fun playing you every time in P:M! XD You're getting better man! Keep up the great work!
Samsora -How scared of Bman and Jnig are you!?!?!?!??!
Jackets- Crouch cancel Dsmash ;^)
Vaughn- Yo dude it was awesome playing you! You're an AMAZING player and I hope to play you again really soon!
Broolmangoddagofazt2015- U r da faztezt man aliveee111!!11
I probably forgot a lot of you, but that's it for now. c:

jhiggs

Smash Rookie
Captain Zack surprises me every time man that kid has mad skills and gets better every time I can't wait to see a year from now or even sooner when he just devastates. Props to you and keep getting better dude. Hopefully I don't play you first round again for like the 4th time lol but if it happens it's always fun man. Hope to see everyone there at the next open world tourney

'V'

Smash Lord
Just now getting to doing shoutouts. LOL, sorry. :p

@ GOL | 482 | JSalt GOL | 482 | JSalt - Good stuff hosting this tourney. Sorry about the whole lack of setups. I'll be sure to bring mine for the ICE tourney this Friday. Good stuff in our set too. You really learned how to adapt just that quickly. Most players don't do that. Is it because of your Brawl training, I wonder??? LOL. Still, I'm glad I got that Mega Combo on game 2, at least.

@ Pritch Pritch - Those 20 seconds of inactivity, man. LOL. It's all good, dude. We all have off days. Thanks for teaming with me. It was a lot of fun.

@ Zone Zone @ragnarok @ Dinowulf Dinowulf - You guys are awesome. Glad I got to meet and play you guys. Sucks about your car at the end of the day, though. :(

@ Griffard Griffard - We didn't get to play except in that one teams match. It was fun, though. Good stuff.

Avery and Austin - Always fun hanging out with you guys. I'm gonna make it my business to head down to N.O. to play friendlies with you more often.

James - Always good to see you, man. Maybe one day we'll be on the same side of the bracket. lol

Brandon - Good matches, man. I owe you a money match at the next event.

@ Turazrok Turazrok @ BSL BSL - Glad you guys could make it out. Had some interesting talks with you guys. Y'all are hella improving too, which is nice to see. Trey, you gotta tone down the salt, though. Seriously...

@SetsumA - Glad we finally got to play again in tourney, Freddy. It had been so long that I kinda forgot how you played. Sorry about the SD's.

@ Captain Zack Captain Zack - Good stuff, man. Nice to see another aspiring Zelda player other than myself. You're really good too. Just know that there will be hard matchups ahead of you in both Melee and Brawl. I know cuz I played Brawl at one point, and I've mained her in Melee for years now. I'm rooting for you, kiddo!!

@ Curlz Curlz - Way to play Brawl when you were actually playing P:M!! LOL. I don't think you give yourself enough credit for playing Melee and P:M. The fundamentals are there. You just need a little more knowledge of matchups and tech skill.

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. But good stuff to everyone!! It was a blast!!

Top Bottom