• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 10, 2014] Game On Monthlies (Nicholasville, Kentucky)

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
What is attends gonna look like for this? Last two KY tourneys have been great in that aspect.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I assume you're taking a car? If so, at least two Cincinnati groups will be here. I have at least myself and two others, likely 4-5 total.
yep! i figured you guys would be going to this as well. :D

also, taking $1-5 MMs in melee. just come up to the venue and ask me if you want to play!

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Provided I can get a ride with the crew I'll finally go to one of these.

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
I can't make this one, my cousin is getting married, so maybe next month

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Mayyy be able to make this. Have to choose classes at UK that Saturday, but I should get there before Brawl registration ends. Out of curiosity, assuming I call ahead of time, what is the absolute latest I'd be able to get there and not be DQ'd? The event can end somewhere between 3:00 and 4:30 P.M., so I should be able to get there by 5:15 at the absolute latest.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
The people demand 64. In reality, I would love to have melee doubles instead of pm doubles, but it is probably best I do not enter every event again, lol.

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
This is set for 2014 but a lot of 2013 posts are here. I am down for may for sure...assuming my classic controller is legal. It will be my first ever tournament so I want to play as many of you as possible!

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
Probably not. I move back home from college at the beginning of May so I'll be an extra 4 hours from this (and I'm already about 2 hours away). If you're looking for a teammate, feel free to ask around and I'm sure someone will. :)
NP man. This will be my first tournament so i dont expect to get very far. I just want to interact with the community.

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
well im pretty stoked. You are all likely to destroy me, but I want to learn as much as possible about tournament playstyles. Its one thing to watch tournaments online but it is another to play them in person. My goal is to play as many different characters as possible. I wont have MM cash unless i place an event, but I would like to friendly all of you!

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
What is the level of competition here? is it mainly casual players? Hardcore? or what? I dont see any meta knight/Falco/IC or any real top tier mains. I really would hate to see 32 Meta Knights LOL

jaYcob

Smash Cadet
What is the level of competition here? is it mainly casual players? Hardcore? or what? I dont see any meta knight/Falco/IC or any real top tier mains. I really would hate to see 32 Meta Knights LOL
Generally there is a nice assortment of all skill levels. Do you play only Brawl?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll be here. Anybody want me as a partner in P:M Doubles?

Considering making a return to Brawl to play ZSS but I don't wanna be called cheesy for abusing the 1 stock ruleset.

Kero you should just enter and not show up for any of your pools matches so that you take last seed and you mess up the entire tourney.

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Are there any results threads for previous tournaments? I might have to make one of these sometime with WV folk for Melee.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
I'll be here. Anybody want me as a partner in P:M Doubles?

Considering making a return to Brawl to play ZSS but I don't wanna be called cheesy for abusing the 1 stock ruleset.

Kero you should just enter and not show up for any of your pools matches so that you take last seed and you mess up the entire tourney.
I will team with you in doubles.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Think I'm teaming with Kyle unless our practice session doesn't go well.

Jely

Smash Rookie
It's my sisters birthday on the 10th :(
I wish I could though, I really wanna know where
I stand on a competitive level.

Top Bottom