• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maximum file size for sc_selcharacter.pac?

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
I'm at 3,878 kb with my custom 36 icon CSS. I want to add a background, but I think the file size gets too big (to 4,000+ kb) and I get the buzz of death when I try to enter Brawl. I have no custom CSP's or anything, just changed the order of the icons and their orientation. Any help on how to reduce file size?

Darkrai Lv.1000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1934-0668-8939
the file size limit for selcharacter is 3.79 MB.
to reduce size, do what i do:

export picture files you don't care for/don't bother looking at ingame
edit them in paint (recommended over photoshop) to reduce it's size
replace them back in brawlbox

hope i helped some. :D

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
No, the max size of sc_selmap.pac is 1.14 MB.
As for your problem, use the sc_selmap.pac in this thread. I heard it shouldn't freeze.

blahman179

Smash Cadet
Apparently, removing the lizardon and zenigame motionetc.pac files doesn't do anyhting to the game and reduces the common5 file size.

I saw it on another forum and I'm going to test it out.

Edit: Good news everyone!

I've played the game without the motionect.pac files, and the game doesn't freeze up, no graphical issues or anything.

So yeah, it's a good way of reducing the file size for common5.pac

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
alright, managed to add 36 characters (one slot was kinda broken, idk why). Just need to add stock items and franchise icons and i'll post it online for anyone to use (if they don't want to bother with every step) you'd still have to deal with the set slots, but if you just want a ton of characters in your roster, well.. yeah

Top Bottom