• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up Hate!

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
As a Falco main I hate playing Marth or any chaingrabber like Peach or Ice Climbers so lets talk about advice on the Match ups on FD

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
Don't get grabbed...
Ice Climbers: Watch out for all grabs, SOPO has a chain grab on falco, laser harres the climbers until their percents aren't equal (i.e. nana at 50, popo at 5) and then kill nana as fast as possible because sopo has less options against a faclo.
Peach: Stage control, the entire match up in 2 words, take stage and force peach into a corner and then proceed to decimate.
Marth: Call Marth's dash dancing, (do an action that will punish Marth if he dashes the other direction back to center of stage), and punish to get stage, aproach will aerial shine, and wavedash away if marth looks like his is going to grab.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Yes I know but on FD its hard to avoid grabs when theirs no platforms and most people chain grab like Mew2King & Armada but I'm ok with IC's now

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
Yes I know but on FD its hard to avoid grabs when theirs no platforms and most people chain grab like Mew2King & Armada but I'm ok with IC's now
on FD you have the advantage as long as you keep the oppenent out with lasers. Watch the latest fight pitt where mango beats M2K on FD with falco to see what works

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Plus Spacies can DI out of the chain grab this kind of helps but chain grabs are annoying to be honest

MrMaples

Smash Rookie
I really like Marth v falco on FD even, I started using a strat that works really well against marths and other grab happy foes.
It's a technique known as the blunted object, coined by BluntedObject10, Best smash player in my region right now.
Basicaly you use the shine to interupt their grab, and basically shine them.

You can also bait out grabs and punish with Full hops. Work on shining them before you get grabbed. And doing lots of cross up approaches really helps in the MU, Shinegrab is also your friend. Be very random with your Dash dance and laser game. So you wont be predicted.

Top Bottom