• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Export: Olimar

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
N-air eats through any Pikmin that Olimar throws onto Kirby. Once he's close you just have to dodge his grab or hit him with a F-air. If he Shields, just grab him. Once he's off the stage Olimar cannot get back; if he tries to get back, just B-air him and edgehog. I'm going to say it's 70-30 in Kirby's favor.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yes. Yes you are.
Have you tried Inhale? It works like a charm. Once you do it three or four times on him, copy his hat and throw Pikmin at him. You can barrage him off-stage and gimp his recovery all while spamming the B-button. It easily makes this match-up an instant win.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Come on T1mmy, you know better than to walk around MU threads and spam nonsense. :\

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This isn't 'spam', and it's far from nonsense.

The information I'm providing has been echoed from other Kirby players - as well as Olimar players - since the early days of Brawl. There are different ways of playing this match-up, but I'm sure practically everyone here will agree that Copying Olimar's power gives Kirby a definite advantage.

And I'm surprised that you would give someone a warning for simply posting an opinion that conflicts with your own. I figured you were a moderator who would know the difference from 'Minor Spam' and simple match-up discussion.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
T1mmy playing the victim? >_>

I think it's commonly agreed that Olimar is one of Kirby's harder/hardest match-ups along w/ Snake and one or two others that arent as commonly agreed upon.
In light of some of the other posts you made in other match-up threads and the comment you left in the KGD-----
I never new how much fun it was to troll match-up threads.
on 11-20-2010, 12:16pm, it's easy to see why you should get a warning for minor spam.

Tl;dr- :troll:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was obviously talking about the Falco match-up threads. NOT the Olimar match-up threads.

But, back on topic, I was playing against an Olimar player a few weeks ago and he told me in all honesty how much he hates Kirby getting the Olimar hat. Seeing as Inhale trumps both Olimar's Shield and Spot Dodge options, it forces him to either get swallowed or to risk going offensive in which case you can mix things up and hit him knowing he will be throwing his defenses out the window.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I was in no way hinting, subtlely mentioning, down right mention, or in an way talking about the Falco match-up threads. Obviously im in the Olimar match-up threads.
Fixed for truth.

And sure inhale's a good option at low-mid percents since it helps Kirby edgegaurd and camp.

Top Bottom