• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion ~ Final Week Ganon/Falcon/Link >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I am going to be in my exams period for a month (until the end of June).

Can someone create the match-ups threads ? I will update the OP when I come on SmashBoards (very probably everyday anyways :p).

The person who will take care of that :

1. Follow the order of the tier list. We're currently at Bowser.
2. Follow this example of Match-up thread : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215415&highlight=match

Thanks in advance :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I am going to be in my exams period for a month (until the end of June).

Can someone create the match-ups threads ? I will update the OP when I come on SmashBoards (very probably everyday anyways :p).

The person who will take care of that :

1. Follow the order of the tier list. We're currently at Bowser.
2. Follow this example of Match-up thread : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215415&highlight=match

Thanks in advance :)
Well that's what I was doing when you took your hiatus last time, lol.

I guess I could take over...

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Dear Falcos,
I was wondering if you could come over to the Luigi Boards today. We're discussing you! It's not a match-up thread, it is just a thread on how to beat Falco. I can understand if you don't want to reveal how to beat you, but it'd be nice if you did. Just read the OP, skip the whole gimmick thing.

Purple

Hi guys!
About the bowser thing.

Cons to the matchup
Bowser kills extremely easily off the sides if he reads a side-b recovery.
*Fire can gimp falcos. Or at least rack damage incase of bad DI.
Hard to kill of the sides (for people who have problems grabbing and tend to just forward smash, bair, etc.)
*- I'm not sure if fire can be reflected for long periods. or will fire just negate the reflected fire o_o,

Pros to the matchup
*~*~*~*~Chaingrab to spike holy hell ~*~*~*~*
-Extremely easy to jab grab.
-lasers make bowser have a lot of trouble approaching.
-Jab beats all of bowser's moves (possibly not up-b. I think that clashes, apologies for not knowing frame data)

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
well guys, just remember: If falco drops so far on the tier list that you cry, just think to yourself "at least we're not ganondorf, with a 0-100 match up with ICs.

just remember.

.Marik

is a social misfit
So this thread is inactive now?

I'd say 60:40-65:35 Falco's favour against Bowser. Chaingrab>Spike, lazers, UpSmash *****...

But I don't know if this thread is inactive as of now, so I'll stop. Falco is a really fun character though, so you have a new member on these Boards. :]

Purple

Hi guys!
I'd much rather go with 65:35 match vs bowser in falco's favor. Due to bowser's speed, if falco wanted to camp he **** well could without any chance of punishment. On practically any level. I might go as far as 70:30 for that match up because i feel no remorse for bowser.

As for Lucas,

Cons
Camping doesn't help too much in falco's favor.
Lucas has if i'm correctly more aerial priority than falco except for the bair.
Easy Gimps (pk thunder)

Pros
Chaingrab to spike
Easy gimps (practically bair or reflector off the stage)
Reflector all b-moves
Superior Ground Game.

60:40 falco?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
We have separate matchup threads, link in OP.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Pierre doesn't post on Smashboards a lot, but he's a ridiculous Lucas.

1. It's not that easy to gimp Lucas, not to mention it's really dangerous. PKT2 can own you. PSI Magnet dash thingy gives him really good horizontal recovery. He has high priority aerials and his second jump goes in that crazy circular trajectory. I think it's better to just stay on stage and try to read their DI and punish. If they sweet spot the ledge, expect them to Fair to get back on.

Lucas has an easier time gimping Falco with PK Thunder and Dair over the ledge and what not. It is very important to save your second jump when recovering against Lucas.

2. Lucas' Dair > Fsmash can catch you off guard. Be sure to tech the Dsmash or SDI out of it.

3. The end of Lucas' Uair spikes.

4. Falco does not dominate the ground game. Lucas has a long grab and some of the strongest smashes in the game. He can kill you below 100%. Falco still has his trouble with killing so he'll have to build a lot of damage with a lot less lasers.

5. If Lucas PKT's on stage, don't be an idiot and think, "OPENING! RUSH IN NOW!" You're going to eat a PKT2 if you do. You always need to approach carefully in this match.

With all that said, Falco is still a good character and can build up damage well. Phantasms, jabs, and Nairs help a lot in this match up. I think it's pretty close to even.

Purple

Hi guys!
Pierre doesn't post on Smashboards a lot, but he's a ridiculous Lucas.

1. It's not that easy to gimp Lucas, not to mention it's really dangerous. PKT2 can own you. PSI Magnet dash thingy gives him really good horizontal recovery. He has high priority aerials and his second jump goes in that crazy circular trajectory. I think it's better to just stay on stage and try to read their DI and punish. If they sweet spot the ledge, expect them to Fair to get back on.

Lucas has an easier time gimping Falco with PK Thunder and Dair over the ledge and what not. It is very important to save your second jump when recovering against Lucas.

2. Lucas' Dair > Fsmash can catch you off guard. Be sure to tech the Dsmash or SDI out of it.

3. The end of Lucas' Uair spikes.

4. Falco does not dominate the ground game. Lucas has a long grab and some of the strongest smashes in the game. He can kill you below 100%. Falco still has his trouble with killing so he'll have to build a lot of damage with a lot less lasers.

5. If Lucas PKT's on stage, don't be an idiot and think, "OPENING! RUSH IN NOW!" You're going to eat a PKT2 if you do. You always need to approach carefully in this match.

With all that said, Falco is still a good character and can build up damage well. Phantasms, jabs, and Nairs help a lot in this match up. I think it's pretty close to even.

His Uair spikes? i'm sure you mean Dair.....right? Falco has much easier time building damage and approach lucas imo, but i will admit lucas has a long grab, or better yet he has a tether.

This is brawl we're talking about, you have to approach pratically everything cautiously.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's about 6:4 for Falco. Lucas has some weird CP's that make it a lot closer to even though.

_clinton

Smash Master
I actually think he meant Bair.
Dair and Bair both spike...

Lucas' Bair spike has about 2/3rds of the power Ness' Dair has...

I think 6:4 is too much...overall and I think it is closer to even...but whatever...

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I meant whichever one it is where he does a back flip. I thought it'd be Uair, but if you insist on it being Bair, then sure.

---

You're probably not going to spike Lucas unless it's out of a CG.

Has this week ended yet? It feels like a week already with most everything being covered and most have decided on 60-40 falco.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Um, Falco is even with ICs? Are you kidding me? its falcos worst matchup. either that info is old or i am about to kick Blad out of the FBR LOL :)

Just have 2 threads going. Makes it's plenty easy to do both.

Pikachu would be more of a rediscussion I believe. The only thing that has really changed is that QAC isn't used as often and they now have a CG on us.

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
I too would like more discussion on Pikachu and Olimar.

When I played Anther, it seemed either even, or in Pikachu's favor.

50-50
55-45 Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom