• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion #8! Pit

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Pit doesn't sound that easy to zone to me. Marth outrange Pit by a few pixels, this isn't Melee where Marth had monstrous attack and grab range. A little too close and both characters are in melee range. A bit too far and Pit has arrows, which aren't even particularly laggy. The perfect range for Marth to attack Pit is like max Dtilt or Ftilt range, a range that is much more difficult to maintain than "too close" or "too far". The Dtilt is safe, but does nothing vs a SH arrow that can be spaced. The Ftilt isn't much safer on block than an arrow. Pit blocking a perfect Ftilt can quickly advance into Marth's zone or retreat during the recovery frames, similar to Marth advancing after blocking an arrow. When Marth is trying to abuse these few pixels of melee range, one whiff and he's in danger of being hit with an arrow or having the Pit advance into his melee range. "Perfect" zoning doesn't exist if your opponent is also "perfect". Marth has to deal with shields and recovery frames like everyone else.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't really see how this approach is so risky. Okay, I'll take 1 or 2 arrows maximum on my way headed over to you (really, if you're halfway decent at approaching with Marth you won't get hit much). You exaggerate the space the Marth has. He has a lot more than you say -- once he is within a certain distance, Pit shooting an arrow is just dumb. He can roll toward Pit, dodging the arrow, and before the arrow is offscreen and Pit can perform another animation, Marth can pull out a smash attack without fear of it being blocked. Once he has reached the point where Pit can't spam arrows, he can just walk up to optimal range (tipper range, outside of Pit's reach). Of course he would easily win if he never messed up (in an ideal situation where we are comparing these two as CHARACTERS, not as tools for human players, I'd say this proves that Marth is better in this matchup). I don't think this will happen, because people mess up. However you said that camping is easy and you don't mess it up. This is simply camping outside of Pit's range.
Um...

The space where Pit can't shoot arrows safely and Marth isn't close enough to get hit by Pit is very small. I'm not exagerrating it at all. It's a very limited area.

Even while Marth is zoning Pit after getting past the arrows, Marth can make one little error, get hit(dash attack is awesome for this, and my points regarding Pit's dash attack as a punisher of even good zoning were ignored), and then have to approach Pit again.

I think that in absolutely perfect, robotic play, Marth beats almost any character. We have to compare characters as tools in human hands, however.

Running away is only going to buy you a little time until Marth catches up.
Pit wants to run the clock on people. The timer draining away only helps him a lot.

Each hit Marth throws out does more damage than each arrow he gets hit by from Pit. Not to mention Dancing Blade is an incredible punisher with multiple hits. Not to mention once Pit isn't grounded, Marth has an even easier time with him.
Marth gets to Pit after taking like 10 damage in arrows because perfection doesn't exist, he then hits Pit with dancing blade for 17 damage, tries to follow it up, but stupid airdodge mechanics and lack of hitstun make this a guessing game. Marth guesses wrong and Pit airdodges down and f-smashes or u-airs under Marth or something else if Pit is underneath him. Marth gets hit away and took more damage in that exchange.

This game has too much random trading hits, and Pit does more damage hit for hit and has lass recovery time after his moves.

This is simply not true. You are completely ignoring the issue of range, where Marth has Pit beat. Also if you watch high level play, you'll rarely see a battle of powershield/sidestep/airdodge. I don't know where you got the idea that that is really prevalent.

Also you are basically giving me the answer that I was asking for, that Pit is going to wait for Marth to do something. Well if I dtilt you, you can shield, spotdodge, rolldodge, or down b. Shielding is an okay option. Spotdodging is foolish. Rolling is foolish. Down b is probably the best, and I'm not sure about the frame data (is it faster or as fast as shielding?).

Pit has 0 offensive options here. Marth is in control, as he can attack and doesn't have to be afraid of being hit, unless he throws out a laggy move. dtilt can poke away at Pit all day (hmm.. kind of a similar analogy to Pit spamming arrows, except dtilt is faster, unpunishable and deals more damage -- also leads into DB or grabs when it connects).
omg range isn't everything

If it was, Ganondorf would be S tier in Melee instead of B tier.

I constantly watch high level play because I play at a high level. I compete with Mew2King, Atomsk, teh_spamerer, Ryoko, and tons of other good players just in my state alone. I often get to compete with Azen, Chillin, NEO, D1, Cort, NinjaLink, and other players not from my state as well. I've even played DSF and AfroThundah in tournament sets and did very well.

Brawl sucks. It does have a lot of "airdodge/powershield/sidestep --> stuff" even at high level. Marth gets in, *stuff* happens, hits get traded and other nonsense, and Marth ends up the loser.

Okay, this is partially true. At the start of the match, Marth is forced to approach. Yes, he is forced to react to Pit. Pit has the advantage here. Marth might eat a couple arrows. Once he closes the gap, Pit has to react to him. And he has to continue reacting to him.
I think reacting and punishing is better than being offensive because of powershielding and lack of hitstun, so...

There's more to D3 than this (seriously, I'm sure you've watched some Seibrik or M2k), but okay, I'll entertain this.
I have played Mew2King countless times in tournaments and friendlies. He is in my crew and a good friend of mine. I've taken matches off of him in both singles and teams. I've played Seibrik before(lol I did way better than him at FAST but he did way better than me at CH4, so iunno). Atomsk is up there with them in terms of Dededes, too.

You know what they do?

Walk/dash at you --> react --> grab + zone with f-tilt and waddle dees. That's a huuuuge portion of Dedede's game, and he's S tier.

Pit has nothing even comparable to D3's chaingrab. If Marth is zoning properly, he's not going to get shieldgrabbed, and he's not going to get punished. Okay, fine, he will make zoning mistakes. But if you assume Marth makes zoning mistakes, you have to assume Pit will make zoning mistakes as well. Both characters will get punished, and both have good punishment games. Pit doesn't have a punishment game on the level of D3 though, making the reaction idea a lot less applicable for this matchup.

But if Marth is zoning at the proper range, Pit doesn't have any offensive options, other than rush in, which as we've agreed, isn't going to happen as Marth is going to be approaching Pit.
Pit's dash attack can punish proper zoning.

Pit isn't really zoning as much as he's just...standing there. I guess he's zoning with arrows from afar, but he wants to wait for Marth to make a mistake or run away once Marth closes in.

dtilt is going to be Marth's best tool, from what I can see. You don't really see it as threatening, which is fine. But Marth can implement some mindgames using his dtilt. Crouching is going to make it look like Marth is about to dtilt. He can also switch up from 2 in a row to dtilt -> grab, dtilt -> shieldbreaker, dtilt -> DB, or even just a crouch to SH fair (I'm aware this variation is punishable, but if it baits the spotdodge it'll work). In this situation, Marth has a bunch of mixup options, while Pit can't get at Marth due to the spacing game.
D-tilt is amazing and the only thing that can give Marth an advantage in this match, imo. I can't really argue against how good it is for zoning and poking. It's just not a KO move at all and doesn't do a lot of damage.

Because d-tilt is weak, this match will take foreverrrrrrr. Pit's going to camp and run away and Marth can just poke at him a lot.

Okay. I'm trying to keep this argument respectful is all. I have no hard feelings toward you, I just do not agree with your viewpoint of this matchup.

Honestly I would like to play you some time. I do not have too much experience with this matchup, and more matchup experience is more likely to change my mind than an argument where we can just go back and forth all day.
I like debating.

I'll be at all of these, listed in order of occurance:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194310
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192436
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192894
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193612

Ether said:
Pit doesn't sound that easy to zone to me. Marth outrange Pit by a few pixels, this isn't Melee where Marth had monstrous attack and grab range. A little too close and both characters are in melee range. A bit too far and Pit has arrows, which aren't even particularly laggy. The perfect range for Marth to attack Pit is like max Dtilt or Ftilt range, a range that is much more difficult to maintain than "too close" or "too far". The Dtilt is safe, but does nothing vs a SH arrow that can be spaced. The Ftilt isn't much safer on block than an arrow. Pit blocking a perfect Ftilt can quickly advance into Marth's zone or retreat during the recovery frames, similar to Marth advancing after blocking an arrow. When Marth is trying to abuse these few pixels of melee range, one whiff and he's in danger of being hit with an arrow or having the Pit advance into his melee range. "Perfect" zoning doesn't exist if your opponent is also "perfect". Marth has to deal with shields and recovery frames like everyone else.
QFT

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Yeah, Marth doesn't have the uber range he used to. A SH arrow I don't think is very safe, because Marth can just run forward at this point and perform a Usmash.

Yeah he has to deal with shields, but he has a lot of mixup tools to screw with shields (shieldbreaker, dancing blade). You're right, it's easier said than done to zone Pit, but I think if done properly it will give Marth the advantage.

Honestly we've been discussing a mostly grounded game, where I think it's more even. If Marth can get Pit to take to the air the game dynamic changes a lot.

Um...

The space where Pit can't shoot arrows safely and Marth isn't close enough to get hit by Pit is very small. I'm not exagerrating it at all. It's a very limited area.

Even while Marth is zoning Pit after getting past the arrows, Marth can make one little error, get hit(dash attack is awesome for this, and my points regarding Pit's dash attack as a punisher of even good zoning were ignored), and then have to approach Pit again.
I think that Marth has two areas where Pit cannot arrow him: 1. When he is close enough to hit Pit but is out of Pit's range (this is the small one). 2. When he is close enough to Pit that a spotdodged or rollddoged arrow will give him enough time to close the gap and nail Pit.

#2 gives Marth a decent amount of space. He can't hit Pit but arrows are no longer completely safe at this range.

I think that in absolutely perfect, robotic play, Marth beats almost any character. We have to compare characters as tools in human hands, however.
Honestly I think in perfect play, Snake or MK will still be better than Marth. Marth, however, would be very good in perfect play. You're right here.

Pit wants to run the clock on people. The timer draining away only helps him a lot.
Honestly the amount of running will add up but I don't know if it will effect the outcome of the match. Probably sometimes but rarely is my guess.

Marth gets to Pit after taking like 10 damage in arrows because perfection doesn't exist, he then hits Pit with dancing blade for 17 damage, tries to follow it up, but stupid airdodge mechanics and lack of hitstun make this a guessing game. Marth guesses wrong and Pit airdodges down and f-smashes or u-airs under Marth or something else if Pit is underneath him. Marth gets hit away and took more damage in that exchange.

This game has too much random trading hits, and Pit does more damage hit for hit and has lass recovery time after his moves.
This could be argued either way. If it's a guessing game, whoever is the better player wins this situation. It doesn't give either Marth or Pit an advantage. Also Pit's moves do not all have less recovery time after (unless you're referring to grounded moves), as Marth's aerials are all quite quick.

omg range isn't everything

If it was, Ganondorf would be S tier in Melee instead of B tier.
True but Marth is also quick. That makes the amount of range he has control over somewhat significant in play.

I constantly watch high level play because I play at a high level. I compete with Mew2King, Atomsk, teh_spamerer, Ryoko, and tons of other good players just in my state alone. I often get to compete with Azen, Chillin, NEO, D1, Cort, NinjaLink, and other players not from my state as well. I've even played DSF and AfroThundah in tournament sets and did very well.

Brawl sucks. It does have a lot of "airdodge/powershield/sidestep --> stuff" even at high level. Marth gets in, *stuff* happens, hits get traded and other nonsense, and Marth ends up the loser.
I don't see how you can just say he's going to be the loser in these exchanges. He has the quick aerials and good b mixups to come out on top here. I am not saying he will necessarily do so every time, but it's not really fair to simply state that he is going to lose.

I think reacting and punishing is better than being offensive because of powershielding and lack of hitstun, so...
If it's a safe option that isn't punishable, there is no good reaction though. Otherwise you are correct.

I have played Mew2King countless times in tournaments and friendlies. He is in my crew and a good friend of mine. I've taken matches off of him in both singles and teams. I've played Seibrik before(lol I did way better than him at FAST but he did way better than me at CH4, so iunno). Atomsk is up there with them in terms of Dededes, too.

You know what they do?

Walk/dash at you --> react --> grab + zone with f-tilt and waddle dees. That's a huuuuge portion of Dedede's game, and he's S tier.
D3 has a crazy punishment game though. His chaingrab allows him to build up a ridiculous amount of damage, and he can finish it off with an Ftilt or Fthrow which adds even more.

Pit's dash attack can punish proper zoning.

Pit isn't really zoning as much as he's just...standing there. I guess he's zoning with arrows from afar, but he wants to wait for Marth to make a mistake or run away once Marth closes in.
Dash attack can't always punish proper zoning though. Against ftilt or fair, maybe, but bair or dtilt I think might be out of range..

You're right about what Pit is doing. He might not be zoning the entire match, but equivalently he's certainly not going to just stand in place all match.

D-tilt is amazing and the only thing that can give Marth an advantage in this match, imo. I can't really argue against how good it is for zoning and poking. It's just not a KO move at all and doesn't do a lot of damage.

Because d-tilt is weak, this match will take foreverrrrrrr. Pit's going to camp and run away and Marth can just poke at him a lot.
Yeah. I think that it really is on Marth to move this game into the air (the ground is less favorable), where Pit doesn't have such a reliable answer to some of his moves (shield). I think when it comes to somewhat close aerial combat Marth will come out on top but Pit definitely has some tools to make it hard for Marth or punish him if he messes up.

I like debating too.

I'll check out the tournaments. I've never been to one before, actually. I'm more likely to show up at one in NYC, which is where I live.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Marth can't roll past an arrow and guarantee a hit against the Pit before he recovers from shooting the arrow.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Inui: I can see what you are saying in your posts, but overall I think Marth wins out slightly. As I said you overrate camping. And dude...wtf...you have SEEN me played in matches.

When have I ever...EVER...been unable to effectively deal with camping? When did I ever get flustered or lose my cool because I was camped?

This is me you are talking too man. I don't care if someone camps me because I know I will find a way around it and that camping alone isn't going to win a match.

This is the same EL that got camped for minutes at a time by Atomsk and he did not waver.

EL is a pretty cool guy. He ***** campers and isn't afraid of nothing.

Anyway, pretty much the entire Marth boards gives Marth the edge in this match. But we both know how you are Lucas. You go by your own eyes and nothing else. Either that or you suck on the teet of better players and take thier opinion as law.

So when we play next, I promise to crush you. Marth vs Pit.

BTW, unlike you and most other people I do not need to go to a bunch tournies to understand a fighting game or become knowledgeable about the metagame. This is called natural talent. My talent is the ability to perceive fighting game mechanics with very little effort. I suppose it's a part of a larger talent having to do with a high level comprenhension and analytical ability.

Either way, I know you lack this ability.

You poor soul. To have to subject yourself to brawl tournaments to understand why this game is so bad.

I truly pity you.

XD.

Anyway Inui, you say you don't want to play theory, but that's all you are doing really with your arguments. BTW, a SH fair from Marth will cancel an arrow and can still hit Pit's hand. Just throwing that out there.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Marth can't roll past an arrow and guarantee a hit against the Pit before he recovers from shooting the arrow.
Can Pit perform another action while the arrow is still on the screen? I'm fairly sure that he can't...

If he angles the arrow into the ground quickly, then he should be fairly safe. I didn't really think about this originally. It doesn't have to be a rolldodge though - spotdodge works fine.

However if Marth is approaching aerially and Pit tries the arrow, he's going to have more lag time after since he can't just angle it into the ground as quickly, and Marth will have more time to punish.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Can Pit perform another action while the arrow is still on the screen? I'm fairly sure that he can't...

If he angles the arrow into the ground quickly, then he should be fairly safe. I didn't really think about this originally. It doesn't have to be a rolldodge though - spotdodge works fine.

However if Marth is approaching aerially and Pit tries the arrow, he's going to have more lag time after since he can't just angle it into the ground as quickly, and Marth will have more time to punish.
Yeah Pit can act while an arrow is on screen. Take a look at Arrow Looping where the Pit is moving and controlling four arrows at once.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I've seen that but I assumed he was only able to do it after the arrow was offscreen (since you loop them around one goes up and off the screen, then you fire the next one).

I'm not actually in possession of my Wii right now, so excuse my silliness. Normally I'd test it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
bludhoundz said:
I think that Marth has two areas where Pit cannot arrow him: 1. When he is close enough to hit Pit but is out of Pit's range (this is the small one). 2. When he is close enough to Pit that a spotdodged or rollddoged arrow will give him enough time to close the gap and nail Pit.

#2 gives Marth a decent amount of space. He can't hit Pit but arrows are no longer completely safe at this range.
Pit stops firing arrows at #2.

What then?

Honestly I think in perfect play, Snake or MK will still be better than Marth. Marth, however, would be very good in perfect play. You're right here.
Maybe, but a 1 frame move that counters anything is pretty beastly if you can react to 1 frame.

Running the clock is a viable strategy in Brawl.

This could be argued either way. If it's a guessing game, whoever is the better player wins this situation. It doesn't give either Marth or Pit an advantage. Also Pit's moves do not all have less recovery time after (unless you're referring to grounded moves), as Marth's aerials are all quite quick.
Marth's b-air or d-air not being auto-cancelled = mega lag.

Marth's smashes = mega lag.

His u-tilt even has more recovery time than Pit's f-smash.

In terms of recovery time, Pit ***** Marth. Pit is more able to do *stuff* and just camp and throw stuff out. He's heavier, less gimpable, and has less recovery time, which means mistakes get punished less severely and less often in general.

True but Marth is also quick. That makes the amount of range he has control over somewhat significant in play.
Ganondorf was actually quick in Melee due to wavelanding and wavedashing.

His problem was that he got death combo'd, camped, and chaingrabbed a lot.

But, still, range and speed aren't everything. Marth's range isn't even that good.

I don't see how you can just say he's going to be the loser in these exchanges. He has the quick aerials and good b mixups to come out on top here. I am not saying he will necessarily do so every time, but it's not really fair to simply state that he is going to lose.
If they trade hits, Marth takes more damage. Marth would have to hit Pit more than he hit him in order to win(obviously, lol), but if they go blow for blow, Pit wins out because he's heavier.

D3 has a crazy punishment game though. His chaingrab allows him to build up a ridiculous amount of damage, and he can finish it off with an Ftilt or Fthrow which adds even more.
That doesn't change the fact that in order for that stuff to happen he walks/dashes at you or camps --> reacts --> grabs.

Dash attack can't always punish proper zoning though. Against ftilt or fair, maybe, but bair or dtilt I think might be out of range..
Jump back b-air and d-tilt are safe. Other stuff isn't.

This limits Marth's safe zoning options.

You're right about what Pit is doing. He might not be zoning the entire match, but equivalently he's certainly not going to just stand in place all match.
Yeah, he has to move. If he could just stand there the whole time, Marth couldn't win.

Yeah. I think that it really is on Marth to move this game into the air (the ground is less favorable), where Pit doesn't have such a reliable answer to some of his moves (shield). I think when it comes to somewhat close aerial combat Marth will come out on top but Pit definitely has some tools to make it hard for Marth or punish him if he messes up.
Marth wins in the air indeed, but if Pit isn't in the air as well, Marth has to take risks.

Ether said:
Unless Marth is close enough to the point where shooting arrows is stupid, this is correct.

Emblem Lord said:
Inui: I can see what you are saying in your posts, but overall I think Marth wins out slightly. As I said you overrate camping. And dude...wtf...you have SEEN me played in matches.

When have I ever...EVER...been unable to effectively deal with camping? When did I ever get flustered or lose my cool because I was camped?

This is me you are talking too man. I don't care if someone camps me because I know I will find a way around it and that camping alone isn't going to win a match.

This is the same EL that got camped for minutes at a time by Atomsk and he did not waver.

EL is a pretty cool guy. He ***** campers and isn't afraid of nothing.
Who cares about losing your cool? You don't, which I guess is good, but it's not like you're applying all of this knowledge you have to win tournaments or even place high anymore.

The last tournaments I saw you at, you lost to Atomsk and then a random Snake, and then you lost to a random Meta Knight and then Velocity.

I don't understand how you managed to coach me into beating dmbrandon and teh_spamerer, two amazing Meta Knights, but then you lose to a random Meta Knight yourself.

Please come to something and **** campers. Make teh_spamerer, Keitaro, Orion, and the other gay campers in this state lose to another Marth. I'd like to see it.

Anyway, pretty much the entire Marth boards gives Marth the edge in this match. But we both know how you are Lucas. You go by your own eyes and nothing else. Either that or you suck on the teet of better players and take thier opinion as law.
I don't care if the entire Marth board thinks Marth wins. If it's so clearly obvious and easy to prove, and everyone thinks Marth wins, then why don't you actually debate me on it and prove Marth wins? Surely you can outperform the other debaters, right? You're in the SBR, so aren't you supposed to be elite at this stuff?

So when we play next, I promise to crush you. Marth vs Pit.
Good luck.

BTW, unlike you and most other people I do not need to go to a bunch tournies to understand a fighting game or become knowledgeable about the metagame. This is called natural talent. My talent is the ability to perceive fighting game mechanics with very little effort. I suppose it's a part of a larger talent having to do with a high level comprenhension and analytical ability.

Either way, I know you lack this ability.

You poor soul. To have to subject yourself to brawl tournaments to understand why this game is so bad.

I truly pity you.
Then why don't you win?

Anyway Inui, you say you don't want to play theory, but that's all you are doing really with your arguments. BTW, a SH fair from Marth will cancel an arrow and can still hit Pit's hand. Just throwing that out there.
Why would Pit shoot an arrow when Marth is that close?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't see how it's "fail." It's just random information that doesn't really matter, lol.

I used to go into the Pit board a lot when I mained Pit, but now I main Marth and I don't think the discussions in that board will help me at all with my Pit.

I don't see how it's "fail." It's just random information that doesn't really matter, lol.

I used to go into the Pit board a lot when I mained Pit, but now I main Marth and I don't think the discussions in that board will help me at all with my Pit.

It's amazing that I have tried to help people on those boards but i'm simply targeted for it.

And someone makes a thread like that and it's fine. Awkwardly enough, I went back to Marth as well.

Seriously.

∫unk

Smash Master
dude your e-***** is so huge i can see it from cali!!!

if the pit camps (which he should) this matchup gets harder for marth.

for most pits you can get close by just walking and powershielding at regular intervals. most pits don't mix up the timing of their arrows so you can just hit your shield rhythmically as you get closer. if they do mix it up, watch the pit and hit shield as he starts the animation for the arrow and if you're within half of fd distance you'll powershield it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Lucas: I want you to find a post...any post really..where I claim to be amazing.

Do this for me and I will shut up.

I'm modest when it comes to my skill.

We are talking about a match-up here, but you tend to bring things back to your personal experience.

Also... I did indeed lose to randoms, but I also have gone dead even with Keitaro and Spam in our matches. And I have beaen Orion when we played in tourney.

Of course you will say those matches are invalid since it was months ago, but of course I could make the same claim about my losses so what was the point of bringing it up in the first place Lucas?

Exactly.

Inui, you aren't really debating me as you aren't telling me anything that I did not know. You just happen to be placing ALOT of emphasis on camping and you are being stubborn. All you are really saying is that Marth has little room for error in his spacing and that Pit has good camping.

Well...no **** sherlock. But do you want me to give you a rundown on all the basic options that Marth and Pit have when Marth closes in? Pit's best responses and Marth's frame traps and how Pit can escape and blah blah blah.

Man....that **** gets tiring...lol!

Well, since I don't have regular access to a computer at the moment I can't really do that sort of thing right now. I will do it later......maybe. >_>

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
IMO fox camping >>>>>>pit camping. That furry b**** just stands right outside my shfair range and spams his dair or just runs around to piss me off until i whiff a DS and he throws out one of his d*** combos (which i eventally DS out of :laugh:). Pit tags me a few times with his sparrows just to slow down my superman walk into optimum Marth range. My point: camping with a projectile isnt always better than camping w/o one. In short, pits camping game fails because it doesnt keep marth out very effectively. If u have to camp its because ur character has some fatal weakness up close (which pit does vs. marth in this occasion). If marth can abuse pits weakness of close range combat (or out ranging combat) than pit can abuse marths weakness of not having a gimmicky reflector or spammy projectile.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
huh??? Fox can't camp at all without his blaster, specially on marth. Pit is much better at camping

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I was reffering to camping as in "spamming one attack in a spot where your opponent cant do much about it." I know marth's shfair is a better example of this but i was getting at the fact that projectiles dont automatically make for better camping. (easier? maybe. Better? not always.)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Inui your posts are almost appauling. You play at a high level? No you don't, you play at a very basic and limited level; a limitation you suffer mainly because of your overly inflated ego of unknown origin. You dedicate so much time to talking ****, dedicate more time to practicing your Marth. Take it from someone who has practiced Marth A LOT more than you, you have horrible spacing, timing, mix-ups, and pressure. Actually, all you do is wait for openings and then attempt to run in and Swords Dance (Awesome!). Your lack of actually being able to use Marth at even a decent level makes you unable to accurately comment on basically any match-ups because you aren't even really playing them. Shame on whoever taught you to act and think the way you do, it puts a brace on your potential and I'm sure it's not hurting you just in smash.

I always feel really embarassed for you.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you weren't from MD/VA and friends with Chillin, I'd consider your opinion of me not heavily biased.

But too bad you are.

Why don't you attack my points instead of attacking me?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Inui it's the truth. EVERYONE who watches you says the same thing about your playstyle.

It's just blind aggression.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Blind aggression is cool though and really fun.

Danimals does it and kicks ***.
no he doesn't lol.. Blind aggression = fail in tournaments. danimals from what i've seen doesn't place that well. You can still be aggressive and safe if you are good, but danimals doesn't make very good decisions imo.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
no he doesn't lol.. Blind aggression = fail in tournaments. danimals from what i've seen doesn't place that well. You can still be aggressive and safe if you are good, but danimals doesn't make very good decisions imo.
He does some pretty un safe stuff, but he looks cool and plays a good Marth. Is he NEO level? No, but who is?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
What does looking cool have to do with anything rofl, and i don't see how placing 33rd = good marth. but thats just me

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You seem pretty intelligent.

You can figure it out I'm sure.

It's all part of the fun.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
My MK is washed up though, lol. I wanna play him, but my Marth wins more and is easier to play to me.

56k can **** my MK with G&W even 2-stocking me, but my Marth did what my MK has never, ever done: won a match against it. that's why I asked you about who did better against G&W out of the 2 that one time, lol.

Plus I can't beat Fox with MK. >.<

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If you can't beat Fox with MK something is very very very wrong.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
In Marth dittos.

Yeah.

Exactly.

And you don't place well so stop sucking your own ****. You don't beat really good people and neither do I. Why do you act like you are good?

You aren't.

At least I'm realistic and don't act arrogant in regards to my skill when there is really no basis for it. You place poorly when up against a slew of good players. That's the bottom line.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Why won't this thread die down....

I'm sure you have better things to do than argue with Inui over personal insults EL. Same for you Inui.

I honestly don't care that you guys don't get along, but you guys really don't have to interact with each other if you piss each other off that much.

Just stop provoking each other.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dude...I'm trying to get this guy to quit Marth.

Can't you tell?

Lemme do my thing. I got this ****.

Top Bottom