• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion #30! Jiggs

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Depends. Marth has two good kill moves on Jigglypuff if he can land them: U-tilt, which *****, and tipper F-smash. Both kill her very early. If not, with stale moves, she can live up to 150% and although she might die very soon, she can live surprisingly long because of her floatiness and DI, both of which make it harder to get hit and allow her to live longer except on god forsaken star KO's.
What about DS and Nair or bair. Hell fair could even kill.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
What about DS and Nair or bair. Hell fair could even kill.
DS does kill pretty badly if she gets caught by it, horrifically if it stage spikes. Nair can also be pretty vicious which is true but fair won't kill a Jigglypuff that often because its killing potential with 2 or so stales is very limited. However, I don't get killed very often by nair or DS, not for lack of trying, but because with her SH approaches and grabs, nair doesn't do amazingly and with her DI, she can go for the vertical DS which won't kill until later. Not saying she won't die early but its harder to do so than many think on a good spacing Jigglypuff.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Uhh...

Fsmash kills, Uair, bair, nair, usmash, utilt, ftilt, all kill. I would say dsmash but it wont likely have use as Jiggs will be in the air mostly.

Fair likely wont be a good ko move cause...well...we spam it.

Dancing blade can even kill Jiggs (especially if we miss one of the hits), as long as its fresh.

What kill moves does Jiggs have on Marth that dont require Marth whiffing a dsmash to connect with lol. Im always hearing rest, but that move is wayyy to risky to be brought up in a Matchup discussion and if it misses, Jiggs is dead.

The best attribute to Jiggs is that you play so few of them, you might not know how to handle her.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Uair really doesn't kill that early, even if tipped. F-smash kills and so does U-tilt. F-tilt needs a tip and thats not Jigglypuff's spacing whatsoever to get killed right there. U-smash doesn't really kill for anything, it kills Jigglypuff unstaled at like 110%, and your not gonna hit it right there on her. Bair and nair both do kill, but you are forgetting her aerial speed and ability to avoid hits. You can punish her pretty well but she won't die immediately. You generally don't kill opponents as soon as they are in range.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Not a Jigglypuff but remember that she's not the perfect person to hit with this move. U-tilt is the big issue, its the **** because of its wider hitbox above and the way it sweeps around, which screws with her spacing.
If any of those moves hit I'm pretty sure that's a dead jiggly.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Actually, usmash's hitbox is very similar to utilts. Usmash's is so deceptive is ridiculous.

Yeah utilt is better (sometimes) but usmash is still an option.

Usmash oos is too good btw.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Just the motion of U-tilt really gets me over. I play a lot of Marth's and I play as Marth against Jigglypuff. I can tell you that I generally live much longer than most people I play as Jigglypuff and I think its because she can make it much more so so she doesn't get by kill moves.

WinjaSauce

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Marth completely outranges Jiggs with his sword.. so basically, 70/30 Marth imo.
A lot of KO moves... if Marth isn't spamming Fair, it has potential to KO. Bair can KO too, if it's not stale, especially can KO at lower percentages if sweet-spotted. Uair also has KO possibilities if sweetspotted.. well.. let's just say, there's a lot of moves Marth can kill Jiggs with.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Yeah, Marth completely outranges Jiggs with his sword.. so basically, 70/30 Marth imo.
A lot of KO moves... if Marth isn't spamming Fair, it has potential to KO. Bair can KO too, if it's not stale, especially can KO at lower percentages if sweet-spotted. Uair also has KO possibilities if sweetspotted.. well.. let's just say, there's a lot of moves Marth can kill Jiggs with.
^ This. Even though the moves listed are good kill moves fresh on anyone, this is especially true for Jiggs. Don't forget UTilt for the jump spamming Jiggly.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Jigglypuff's grab range does not make her capable of reaching beyond Marth's sword. Nor does how good her bair is. Pound might warrant a trade if you somehow time it a full second early and Marth decides to go in with a fair anyway. Otherwise you're just throwing a laggy move out to get punished.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff's grab range does not make her capable of reaching beyond Marth's sword. Nor does how good her bair is. Pound might warrant a trade if you somehow time it a full second early and Marth decides to go in with a fair anyway. Otherwise you're just throwing a laggy move out to get punished.
Yes I know all this stuff. But you throw out pound smartly and its higher priority. It is laggy so if your dumb yes you are gonna get punished. But why does everyone keep forgetting her aerial DI ability. She can go in and out of people's range's pretty effectively. 65-35 Marth. He still wins generally and if she's dumb enough to hold shield then she's screwed, but she does have some perks here.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
And Marth can stay out of bad characters' ranges pretty effectively. There's no way to "throw out" an attack "smartly" unless you're aiming to completely miss, which even then won't work well because of how much cooldown Pound has.

Hyper-Marth

Smash Cadet
The best attribute to Jiggs is that you play so few of them, you might not know how to handle her.
Yes... this lol.
Jigglypuffs are scary when you play them for the first time :(. I lost my Wario and Jiggly matchup experience virginity at the last tourny i went to and it wasn't pretty. From my point of view during those matches i got gimped sooo easily. I didn't know what to do off the ledge, if your fair misses then jiggly just uses her aerial mobility to come in and kick you again. Counter might work but if you miss then she's still in your face and you've lost recovery distance. I guess you mostly just have to space fairs very well when recovering huh?

ViCTORiOUSViC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
vmp5511
Semi useful, but good spacing would beat it out. It stays around for along time so be careful and don't jump into it, and watch your shield.
kinda sounds like it's more than useful and it could just pop you up or something i dont kno =/
but at the same time it sounds easy to avoid

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Pound eats up shields pretty well -although brawls shields regenerate so fast this shouldnt be a huge problem- and has deceptively good range and duration. However, its probably her most predictable move because it has huge startup time and cooldown time. if its in your face, just run away and dash cancel into an u-smash or something, or just counter it (safer thing to do IMO), or if you have a full shield, do anything OOS. Dont expect her to use it too much when shes at high % because its easy to punish.
Power shielding it is epic because you can punish really well, but we face so few jiggs that its not gonna be worth it to practice.
Yea, it pops you up, but just be smart about what you do and dont get juggled, we fastfall a lot faster than she does and we outrange her U-air with our Fair (if shes not directly below you), so it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Top Bottom