• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 2A- 60 ENTRANTS

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Thanks for running this, Kevin and Elen. It was a lot of fun.

Quick shoutouts before I go watch game of thrones:

Diesel - Don't quit. You've improved so much since we first met, and you are improving a lot more lately. <3

HaileyM - Good **** carrying us in crews.

Mafia - Thank you for the housing. :D

pkmaximum

Smash Cadet
Great tournament, so many people and lots of great sets.

1: Thorn - good shiiiiiiiiiiiet bro
2: Dazwa - a really solid set, idk if it being that close hurts more or less, or both.... lol, I really can't john about anything though, you just pulled it out. swag.
3: Darc - I was content with our set all in all should've been a bit more patient at the end. especially game 1. but i avoided rests and didn't get goofy'd on which I was concentrating on this time lol.
4: Bank$ - 4th all day
5: Elen - Your luigi is officially top 5 in NE lolol
5: ZoSo - **** my pants the whole set. you were a lot more patient and collected than I was, I had to try so hard not to do stuff I knew you knew I would do. Then I did it. #paperscissors #rollspotdodge
7: Andy - We met again and the win you got on me in 1998 is lookin kinda distant. lmao jk, good games foreel
7: KevinM - pooped on my fox in crews
9: KenY - didn't play WTF. nice to see you tho, as always
9: Nuro - odd pools characters but really quality games nonetheless
9: WeaponX - fun friendlies, you *** paddled my falco p hard
9: Mafia - falco vs fox mm? enjoy the money =(
13: Sora - young link swagger/gagger
13: JDog - didn't play i don't think, catch u at hog i assume
13: Foxlisk - gg's, you have a smart falco
13: Matt.Zeb - didn't play but it was glorious to lay eyes on your fresh face
17: Pine - <33 wherefore art thou mario
17: Skler - link reppin', good too see you with the RPI shirt
17: Spawn - fun teaming, sorry I sucked balls at times =/ but we still did just fine haha
17: Travis - you have a nice falco, you need to make up a fake name for ppl to call you at here
17: Shawn - you have really solid fundamentals, I think if you avoid grabs a bit more thru ur movement/smart shielding the matchup would seem easier. but it is balls no matter what lol
17: Captain Crunch - yo luis mah d00d, you're so damn good. if you get a bit more consistent you'd be ripping *******s double time
17: Spife - gg's my friend, your sheik is has come a long way since the days of old. you had some solid tricksies too
17: Yong - didn't play, but I heard samus is top tier
25: Crush - the youngster with the winning spirit! we'll play at hog
25: Wigz - glad you came, old school status VIP
25: Edmund - didn't play, but we'll get it done somewhere soon
25: Moto - didn't play?
25: Agro - didn't play?
25: Diesel - yo you belong in the top ten at LEAST son, that's how you SPOSED to rock it. It's a tough road with ganon, but you chose your path and have been taking a hot dump on many in the way. you're due for fecal spew soon, i can smell it.

shouts to all the peeps not in bracket that i can't copy paste
Larx - our crew will live on in spirit.
Tommy CK Fuller - nice to be in your company as always good sir
HaileyM - nice to see you guuurl* *sorry for saying bro, it's automatic lmao
Shawdow HUAN, Nick, Almo - gg's in pools, all good sets
Fatal - lookin pretty solid at melee, glad to see you
everyone i played - good games, funfunfun

game underground - SWAG
kevinM - well run!
only a crazy person would do this again next week, anyways cya in CT next week
This is Travis, thanks for the positive feedback! I'll be working hard to not get bodied by Matt.Zeb next time lol.

:phone:

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
1: Thorn YOU GOT LUCKY SON
2: SherisexDaz YOU BEAT ME FAIR AND SQUARE SON
3: Green Roy FOR THOSE WHO I PROTECT, I CANNOT LOSE
4: Bank$ LAST HITTING LIKE I'M PLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
5: LUIGI, DESTROYER OF WORLDS GOOD JOB BEATING ANDY WTF LOL
5: ZoSo LAST HITTING LIKE I'M PLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
7: Andy YOU LOST TO A LUIGIIIIIIIIIIII THE PAIN IS UNBAIRABLE
7: KevinM CARRYING LIKE YOU'RE PLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS (You really impressed me btw)
9: KenY LOSING/BEATING ANDY LIKE A BOSS
9: Nuro I ENJOYED TALKING TO YOU ABOUT THINGS
9: WeaponX XFACTOR PEACH OP
9: Mafia ROY ON YOSHI'S OP
13: Sora YOUNG LINK NOT OP
13: JDog DID WELL AGAINST DAZWA OP
13: Foxlisk RAINBOW CRUISE OP
13: Matt.Zeb ANDY OP
17: Pine YOU DIDN'T GET MY THREE DOLLARS
17: Skler I SAW YOU ONCE
17: Spawn ALMOST MADE A FATAL MISTAKE
17: Travis WE WILL NEVER PLAY
17: Shawn YOU HAVE THE SAME NAME AS MY COUSIN
17: Captain Crunch GGS I THROW OUT THROWS LIKE I THROW THROWS
17: Spife MY POOL IS CLOSED
17: Yong SAMOOOOOOOOSE STRIKE
25: Crush THEM ALL
25: Wigz ALMOST HAD MY ROY I WANTED TO UP B YOU
25: Edmund EDMUND'S FOUR STOCKING ADVENTURE
25: Moto HELLO
25: Agro WHY ONE "G"?
25: Diesel MONSTER MONSTER TRUCKS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY BE THERE

DOCTORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lazy shoutouts too good

pkmaximum

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

Lemon - Awesome doing crews with you, had a blast! Your Dr. Mario is beast!

Matt.Zeb - Your Falco is broken lol

Solar - Thanks for a lot of the positive feedback look forward to playing again soon.

KevinM - you got lucky in crew battles! Thanks for hosting the tournament, I had a lot of fun.

Darc - We WILL play each other, even if I have to drive to your place lol.

Edmund aka Ryu Cloud - I'm number 3 now.....deal with it.

Mafia - You're an awesome player, hopefully I'll head up there soon with Dave, Shawn, and Edmund and we can all play.

Diesel - I'm going to work on the Ganon matchup and we're going to play again lol.

Skler - You have the most amazing link I've ever played!

Hailey - Stop stalking me

WeaponBD

Smash Cadet
Very well run tournament. 60 entrants is awesome. Thanks to those who organized. For shoutouts it might be helpful to have the list of all entrants, not just those who made it out of pools. Usually we have the amateur bracket to help with that.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, I don't think a TO should have to specify don't leave because your match is coming up vs don't leave because your match is coming up and if I call it and then have to wait 25-30 minutes you're DQ'd.

The match was in progress for 30 minutes and Jdog came up 2-3 times to ask if you were back in the venue.

After being a participant at Mass Madness for 3 years the number one complaint people always have is that the tournament would run really late and seem to be rushed towards the end. My number one concern was making sure the matches were being run on time and if I have to DQ people to show that this isn't some kind of joke where the tournament is being run on YOUR own time instead of a schedule that it's an unfortunate aspect of being a TO.

I in no way shape or form wanted to DQ anybody from a tournament, let alone people who's company I enjoy. The fact that you were saying I ruined your last tournament experience is not a fun thing to have to hear while I'm still trying to run the rest of the tournament and play in it myself. And then to have Sky come up to me afterwards and tell me that the DQ pushed him over the edge and he wasn't coming back bummed me out for the rest of the day.

Locals aren't some "Super serious business" or whatever but the fact of the matter is both you and Sky are saying, you could have called us, texted us, tracked us down as if I wasn't already in the process of running a tournament and setting up a side event for 58 other people who were still in the venue.

This is the last thing i'm going to say on the matter, I respect both of you guys and I had thought we could be mature on this but with the jabs both of you guys want to take about "Oh locals are super serious business now" or Sky going into the thread saying "You had time to run a third event, but not time to wait 20 minutes for me and Spawn" has just killed my enthusiasm to talk any more about it with you guys.
you dont have to apologize for them, you did what was necessary as a TO, i know all too well the responsibility of running a tourney, and having to be the bad guy enforcing the rules. It was a well run tourney that ended in a timely manner good job

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Did anyone wind up with an extra copy of melee? Boat Mode left his in someone's cube.

I'm pretty sure it's in mine.

After reading your post I remembered at the start of the tournament my copy of Melee was acting up so I put it back in my bag and left my cube out. IIRC Matt put his copy into it.

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
Yea, he thought it put it in there. He says hold onto it for now/feel free.to use, theres enough copies in kp anyway.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Its kinda funny how skler said this is his last Tourny cuz It might be my last tourny as well

I had a lot of fun, but I shouldnt have lost to Elen

I wouldve had a really good chance at beating andy

and If i wouldve actually been playing like a should havee

you know with techskill, i had atleast a chance against daz

but nobody can beat Th0rn hahahahaha

I love you all, NH is still the best

Ken Y :'(

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Nah KenY, I beat you, then you stole my win, and if we met again, I'd just steal it back :)
we're pretty even.. But i think i would win :)

I was playing terrible yesterdsay :( but no johns

You're legit andy!

Good bye MAssMadness

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
@ darc EDMUNDS FOUR STOCK ADVENTURE GUEST APPEARENCES BY DARC KEVINM AND DAVID ZOSO enjoy the three book special ON HOW TO FOUR STOCK EDMUND THE JOY OF FOUR STOCKING EDMOND AND LIFE AFTER FOUR STOCKING EDMUND SOUNDTRACK BY DANIEL JORDAN
Oh man I ****ing love you

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts:

kevin/elen: great tournament you guys da best.

mafia: i have an interesting idea for you to try at hog it will b legit. i promise.
daniel: how did you draw ryu cloud in the crew battles!! gj
bobby banks: good games as always my son.
rest of maine: ilu <3
fatal: we never played noooooo
moto: ggs
jesse: ggs we ****.

jeremy lapointe: our love knows no ends.

hailey: better start saving money for that $mike trip this summer.

YONG: I've wanted to team with you for so long. I'm super glad we got to do that. Also: "what is the capital of your home state?".

mdz: i tried to do that runaway fsmash 3 times thing the entire tournament but i i think only you can do it.

larx: you make me smile.

smash: ilu

crush: FSBR FL!

my falco is kind of like metapod right now, like i dont suck quite like caterpie, but i still have long to go till i become a beautiful butterfly of ***. because even though butterfree is a beautiful pokemon, it's still ***.

hi dave.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to everyone who was there for being awesome

Shoutouts to Mafia for housing and "chilling in my car" (mdz too)

Shoutouts to Kevin for an awesome tourney

Shoutouts to everyone I didn't **** because I was feeling nice all weekend.

Shoutouts to my car for dealing with doing more driving than I got sleep this weekend.

Hype ****, you can bet Kings Parks coming back.

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts, now that I'm home:
To Kevin for a sweet *** tourney
To everyone who i played in pools (Shadow Huan, Banks, Neuro, Almo), was GGs
To Smashjin, for being awesome at teams
To Mr. Lemon, for remembering me from Apex/playing me for a bit
To Boat Mode, for dat massive amounts of driving
To Mafia For housing and chilling with our *****
To MattDotZeb for chillage and advice
and last but not least to everyone else who I played with

Massive hype all around

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
shoutouts to kings park for making new england melee look like ***
shoutouts to ihop
shoutouts to the joys of 4stocking edmund
shoutouts to yong for being the asian *****
shoutouts to elen's luigi: stay ***
shoutouts to new england for being ***
shoutouts to peach for being overpowered dsmash is unbeatable and she chaingrabs like zero to 130 and never dies and dash attack and turnips are gay op

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hella op.

Shoutouts to everyone saying this is their last tourney see you all next mass madness ;)

Legit shoutouts tonight

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
This is my last touney.

See ya'll at the next(or in a few) mass madnesses.

I get shoutouts now?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Dude Kevin I'm not taking personal jabs at you or at least I don't mean to. I can't end on getting dq'd so I'll be back again. Kevin if you want to talk about this one to one or just forget about it I'm fine with either or. Apparently I don't know how to be mature in this thread and this whole matter is just making us both feel ****ty so I'll leave it at that as well.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Thorn - I want to be upset and super salty about the loss (especially after resetting the bracket in GFs and after dropping a last stock edgeguard in winners bracket), but our sets are way too fun, and I feel like I levelled up about 10 times just playing against you. I look forward to playing you at smashfests and tournaments in the future, good **** winning and good **** preventing me from quitting, you *******.

SherisexDaz - GOOD JOB QUITTING, YOU *******. I give full credit for my better than usual performance to Sherise, whose name will be permanently affixed to my smash name, in hopes I start winning stuff.

Green Roy/Dustin - I watched the set again on the stream archive, I think you would have won if you stuck to Fox. You had like 2 suicides that game iirc. So I'm not sure if I beat you "FAIR AND SQUARE" but I like to at least think I'm starting to get a hang of your Jigglypuff (and I have no idea what happened on Dreamland but good jorb on that). I'm upset we didn't at least get to do YLink/Roy teams matches, but very glad that we ended up winning. Most of our teamwork is still intact (renegade charged upsmashes aside), and we didn't drop a single game, so that's slam jamming. I hope we get to team more in the future.

Bank$ - As usual, intense and close Sheik dittos. I was certain you were going to use Fox for some reason, but a Sheik ditto is fine too. I'm glad we've finally buried the hatchet on that "illegitimate" set, but I'm still going to practice hard to make sure you don't catch up, because you've apparently covered a lot of ground in my absence.

LUIGI, DESTROYER OF WORLDS/Elen - I was hoping you'd at least pick Fox against me, but I gotta give you props for sticking to (and winning) your bet with Mafia. That Luigi is something beast. AND PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED ON UPCOMING BARKLEY STREAMS.

ZoSo - REALLY HAPPY I didn't have to play against you in tournament, like I mentioned, I'm pretty sure you would have taken me out. Upset we didn't play friendlies though, hopefully next time.

MCZ|AndyHayes - I was hoping I'd be up against you rather than Elen, but dat Luigi :( WE STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS MUST HAPPEN.

KevinM - Great teams sets, I think you would have given me trouble if we met in bracket, you've definitely improved. Great tournament, great experience.

KenY - Sad to hear this might be your last tournament :( if you do attend one in the future I will personally set aside time so we can play friendlies for like an hour.

Nuro - I'm honored you neglected random draft crews just because you wanted to see GFs, sorry I lost ;_;

WeaponX - I feel like if I went Sheik, you would have taken me to a much closer set, I took advantage of obscure matchups :dazwa:

Mafia - Once again I apologize for popping off like that, but there was a reason I did it - it was probably the most frustrating set I played all day. Work on that Falco and you might finally stop the Maine Train.

Sora - YOUNG BASED LINK

JDog - Wasn't expecting such a hard match round 1 of brackets. Game 1 suicide shenanigans aside (I think I won this game without legitimately taking a stock), your Fox seemed competent, and your Falco was definitely solid.

Matt.Zeb - Fun Winners Finals. We barely talked at all. Iunno. MadDogZeb. Something.

Pine - DOUBLE FAIR, DON'T QUIT

Skler - DOUBLE SKRAH, DON'T QUIT

Spawn - DOUBLE SHEIK, DON'T QUIT

Captain Crunch - I'd normally post something about not letting the loss knock you down, but the things you said on the way home already showed me you weren't even close to doing something like that. EXPAND THAT MAINE TRAIN YO

Spife - DAT FAST FOOD SYMPATHY SWAG

Crush - Boxman didn't attend - it is safe to say he has quit smash after he pooped his pants and got a girlfriend.

Wigz - OMG I HAVENT SEEN YOU GUYS IN LIKE YEARS I hope you guys don't quit but I understand. Like I promised Ken Y, if you guys do attend something in the future, I'm setting aside time to make sure we get to play friendlies.

Agro - Had a great time talking to you, and I'm not surprised you made it out of pools. Very solid, albeit noticeably rusty play. Keep it up!

Diesel - You ****ing curbstomped me in doubles.

HaileyM - like WeaponX, I think you would have taken my Sheik to a much closer set, dat obscure matchup :dazwa:

Fats - LOCAL BATTLES - CHRISB! MMMPMBPMBPMBPMBPMBPMMMMMMMM this is the lame stuff

Sphere - I laughed when you said "Later guys! This is probably the last time I will ever see most of you!" And then I realized you were right, and that made me sad :(. These people will most likely never gaze upon your beardly visage for the rest of their lives.

Bloodcross - I DON'T GIVE A ****. BASED FREESTYLE.

Almo - ALMO'S GETTING MELEE! ALMO'S GETTING MELEE! ALMO'S GETTING MELEE! ALMO'S GETTING MELEE!

Fatal - Good **** taking a game off Spawn, if you start attending events more often I'd be glad to help train you :D

Jamie - Thanks for hosting us once again, I'll keep in touch in regards to a Brawl event.

Inuixdmbrandon (Darc and Dazwa) - Best teamname, honoring the greatest smash couple.

The Nicole of Mass Madness because Darc made us come (Sphere + Fats) - 2nd best teamname, honoring the greatest war in the New England Brawl community.

#TeamBrawl - BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL!

Four Stock Strong (Mafia and KevinM) - **** YOU GUYS YOU RUINED THE MAINE TRAIN IN TEAMS

This event was mentally exhausting for me - resetting the brackets in GFs probably didn't help that. I got home around 2:30 AM, passed out, and woke up at about 7 PM. And I can't help but thank you guys for doing that to me. I was going to make this my last Melee event (and an upcoming Brawl tournament my last Brawl one), but apparently I can't do that. God dammit.

Banks

Smash Hero
Indeed, he actually reported wins against Jigglypuff mains before playing them. Claimed "there was no way".

He's definitely got Lifetime Bro Gold-Membership in Maine, he already paid his dues and then some

Top Bottom