• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect (King Maker) - Glorious Way to End the Day. Mafia Wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Finally on a computer. Typing will be easier.

I like the idea of majority because I believe that the king should be out for town's best interest. I also believe a good king should be as active as the town is, and I think it's important for a king to state his interests and his own scumreads, along with pursuing them. One thing I'm worried about with certain picks is that they're going to take a backseat approach with things. I don't want to have to read the intentions of the guy with the gun at all, and another reason why I chose BSP is because he's active and he's willing to explain himself.

I like the majority rule because of this reason also, the king should either be directed or give direction. I know what you mean by it likely not getting followed but I trust that whoever is king is aware and reading into things. I guess that's all I'm really asking for to simplify things, I'm not going to make a plan otherwise than that.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I haven't actually played, but I hear/know enough about the game as is I don't mind spoilers.

Looking forward to using some TF2 style Shepard videos for this one :p

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You can give direction without stating scum reads. Stating scum reads as king should be conditional depending on the direction of the game. Nothing like a man with a gun saying "I want to shoot you" to make a mafioso shore up his play.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
One thing I'm worried about with certain picks is that they're going to take a backseat approach with things. I don't want to have to read the intentions of the guy with the gun at all...
Should I shoot you now or later?

1.) I'll take a backseat approach if that is what nets results. Note that results include a continued town read on my slot. Town reads SHOULD be getting the gun anyway.
2.) If you're not reading the intentions of the guy with the gun, you're not looking at the possibility that he's scum. There's no REASON not to be looking into the King if you have just cause. You may have to shut your mouth if you think you'll see another phase because you can't deal with him or you may need to voice those issues. He's still another player.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Inb4 I'm the kingmaker and ignore every single suggestion about who should be king in favor of a random number generator, because lol.

#HBC | ѕoup

Then consider my issues to be with the n0 pick more than anything.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I like the idea of majority because I believe that the king should be out for town's best interest.
If I gain a town role PM I know better what's in town's best interest than the majority, if only for the fact that my mind cannot be manipulated by scum so easily.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
People need to stop being offended by my list. It's simply a fact that some people are not suited to single-handedly take the responsibility over a lynch and carry on with it throughout the entire game like that. Just because I say somebody isn't suited as a king doesn't mean I regard him a lesser player. Some people just don't have the attributes to be a good king in most situations. I mean, I don't have the right attributes to be a good king in any situation other than late-midgame/early-endgame [aka around Day 4] - that's just the way it is. And some people just happen to never be good kings [which by no means is synonymous to not being a good player]. Soup for example isn't a bad player but he's just way too restless to ever be a decent king in this game. End of story.

#HBC | ѕoup

It didn't cross my mind to be honest and me being king would be no different than me being a normal player, only that I have a gun, and there's more risk in how I use this gun. I'm not going to create a case on why I would make a good king because It doesn't matter to me. Give me a gun, and I'll use it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Whoever nominates king D1 shouldn't pick players for being power players, they should pick them because they can make an educated decision away from impulse as much as possible, strong reason why me as king is a bad idea.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm definitely feeling that we're best off making someone who is easy to read on D1, king on D1.

It will give us a lot more information if they turn out to be scum and if they're obvtown then scum can't target them before they become king.

I was trying to make a big argument in favour of this but my head's not really on straight, and it just feels like the best strategy.

It's like, worst case scenario as kingmaker is giving scum the gun (king), so at least if you give it to someone who's easy to read, then you'll be able to pin them as scum.

obviously if that person might be a liability as town (bad reads, refusal to listen, whatever), then those will be points against them. But you shouldn't just give the king to the most analytical/balanced player.

I'm not going to throw out a list, but like, make Jerkus king D1 and I'll be :(, because i'll be damned if that's a slot which will be easy to read.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
it should also be obvious that the priority is not making scum king

and that building an endgame/kinglist based just on playstyles is a bit ehhh

Just because there's a gun being passed around doesn't give you licence to use it as you see fit. You have to try and hit scum, and that's much more likely to happen if you work with the the rest of town.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I see no reason not to have a majority vote, even if the King of the Day decides to go against it. It provides a lot of useful structure and rightly ratchets the scrutiny on against the grain decisions

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Not sure why people are discussing the Kingmaker. Waste of time IMO. Better to reserve judgement/lists for after PM's have been sent so real traces can be made. Makes for awesome D1 discussion so people can't john about RVS.

@Rockin: I'm currently playing ME1. I'd appreciate no spoilers if possible. The game is mad fun; can't believe I waited so long to play it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
imo rockin should have two flavors

one for full bore, full effect, all spoilers all the time flavor (in spoiler tags)

one spoiler-friendly

just imo

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh cool, Omni gets it.

I was laughing at people's early attempts at thread control when it's all entirely pointless and doesn't serve to help the town factIon. Hell, we don't even have our PMs yet, yet people are trying to make lists when even that kind of info is helpful for rvs/connection shizzle (course now that it has been said, it isn't.)

Y'all need to be quiet. Shhhhh.

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
who to make king D1 = mechanics,
mechanics = boring and null,

how to best play mechanics should be obvious, not worth discussion, might as well get it done pre-game.

/opinion

roll on game start IMO

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why are you acting as if there were any attempts to 'control' the discussion? Just because we have no PMs we shouldn't talk about who might be a good King on specific Days? How does that make sense at all? Since we have no role PM yet shouldn't you assume our opinions to be not biased? You act as if we try to beat the mechanic or some other crap which is simply not true at all.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
OKAY, ROLES ARE MADE

Just need to flavor it up a bit and this **** could start

but first, I'll be answering some questions

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
imo rockin should have two flavors

one for full bore, full effect, all spoilers all the time flavor (in spoiler tags)

one spoiler-friendly

just imo
Yeah, I was planning on making it spoiler friendly. Hate to ruin something for someone.

Game flavor starts between 2 and 3.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope there's a role in my inbox the next time I breeze through here... it's like christmas :3

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, at this point, plz do not post unless you're confirming your role.

ATM, it is now N0. Kingmaker could pick who he wants for D1 by sending me a PM.

When he does, I'll start up the game.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
REDOING the role PM

while in hindsight, it was my mistake to even say 'do not post unless confirmed,' someone should've told me 'hey uh, you're kinda singling out that role'

But nope. =/

in anycase, fixing up the role PMs again

Mastermind

RykEEr
/I confirm that this frail universe will soon kneel before me, adorning me with its finest fruits and women in exchange for my begrudged tolerance of its puny existence.

(and now we're v/la I guess)

Top Bottom