• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The Pac-Man thing was even sillier since they revealed... Palutena, I believe, of all people, in the E3 Direct, and then Pac-Man (a much bigger star than Palutena, no matter how you might feel about both of them) was announced in some silly meeting.

I think if Skull Kid is playable, his trailer would be a perfect fit for October, the Halloween month, so let's hope that again, if he is playable, he gets a regular reveal.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Pac-Man thing was even sillier since they revealed... Palutena, I believe, of all people, in the E3 Direct, and then Pac-Man (a much bigger star than Palutena, no matter how you might feel about both of them) was announced in some silly meeting.
Imagine if they were to screw a big reveal like that up a again, and it's Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Regardless of what may be, if we're going to take Bill Trinen's 'joke' as a hint at anything, we only have 24 hours to go. Granted, pretty high chance it's nothing. Either way, even if Bill isn't hinting at anything, it's safe to assume we'll be getting a direct next week.

Or in two days... Which, is still technically next week, so forget I said anything about two days.

UserKev

Smash Champion
That's what I'm hoping! I mean, he could be revealed in November, but honestly everything just lines up so much it would be perfect for him to be revealed this month. (I know MM was released in April in Japan but still)

Honestly I'd be surprised if he doesn't get in.
I want to believe this to but it could just as easily be Geno or Isaac. The only thing giving me hope now is Young Link's Final Smash.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Just popping in from the Isaac support thread to say that I am rooting for Skull Kid to pull through for you guys! May our characters meet on the field of battle and the tier list.
Your support is very much appreciated, fellow Smash fan! May the Children of the Moon and Sun emerge victorious into the roster!

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Not only is it Halloween this month which you could argue furthers his chances, but Majoras Mask was released October 26 2000 in the Americas

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember that quote, when did Skull Kid say that in Majora's Mask?
Oh, he didn't say it in Majora's Mask, he said it in a dream I had the other night and the quote stuck with me (I'll change the sig a bit to clarify, lol). That's also what my icon is from, I ended up drawing the dream after it happened. XD

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
People always act like Sakurai will pay attention to a game's release date when announcing a character. Has that ever happened? Ever?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh, he didn't say it in Majora's Mask, he said it in a dream I had the other night and the quote stuck with me (I'll change the sig a bit to clarify, lol). That's also what my icon is from, I ended up drawing the dream after it happened. XD
I was about to say, Skull Kid like predicted the future about Sakurai not yet confirming or deconfirming him yet for so long in Ultimate lol!

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I was about to say, Skull Kid like predicted the future about Sakurai not yet confirming or deconfirming him yet for so long in Ultimate lol!
That would have been pretty cool! But nope, it was more a dream I had because I was thinking about him being or not being in Smash, lol

People always act like Sakurai will pay attention to a game's release date when announcing a character. Has that ever happened? Ever?
I don't believe so. It's fun to speculate though regardless.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't believe so. It's fun to speculate though regardless.
Speculation is all well and good! It's just that people bring this idea up near constantly for any character that has an anniversary coming up. Almost every time. And it's never paid off. Of all the various theories (most of which are wrong most of the time, because Sakurai doesn't care about the patterns we look for), this is one of the most unsubstantiated. :laugh:

Reila

He doesn't as far as I remember. However, the October argument is interesting to me. There are only October and November left until the release, and if Skull Kid is playable, it makes more sense to reveal him in October considering his spoopiness. It is not like Halloween is only known in the U.S., it is known pretty much everywhere, including Japan.

(Watch they announce stupid Incineroar instead).

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
He doesn't as far as I remember. However, the October argument is interesting to me. There are only October and November left until the release, and if Skull Kid is playable, it makes more sense to reveal him in October considering his spoopiness. It is not like Halloween is only known in the U.S., it is known pretty much everywhere, including Japan.

If it's a reveal like Pac-man then it's gonna be stupid no matter who it is.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

False. He was paying attention for the Smash 4 Pic of the Day Miiverse posts.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Where is this direct hype coming from? How long until the direct? Why many of you are so certain its going to happen?

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Where is this direct hype coming from? How long until the direct? Why many of you are so certain its going to happen?
Well, I don't personally think it's a direct but, basically the playlist on YouTube for all those fighter videos on the website got updated recently and apparently ten days after, a character(s) will revealed. Happened with the August Direct and Isabelle.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Well, I don't personally think it's a direct but, basically the playlist on YouTube for all those fighter videos on the website got updated recently and apparently ten days after, a character(s) will revealed. Happened with the August Direct and Isabelle.
Isabelle's reveal is 3 weeks ago, will be exactly a month ago by the next character reveal everyone is hyped about, I feel good.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Unrelated from the current topic but I don't think sakurai is a cruel person, all these signs building up to a possible skull kid reveal in smash, but then for him to not be in the game is pretty cruel. If Skull kid is an assist, or a boss, or part of a final smash, I'm reasonably sure they would've shown him off at some point during e3 or the smash direct. The only reason I see for withholding information on young link such as his final smash would be to reveal with during a skull kid trailer. If not, why not just reveal his final smash during e3?

I don't know, but I'm decently sure Sakurai would've deconfirmed him as a fighter by now if he wasn't in the game, the same reason he showed off characters like Waluigi and Ashley as non playables so early so as not to get people's hopes up.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Unrelated from the current topic but I don't think sakurai is a cruel person, all these signs building up to a possible skull kid reveal in smash, but then for him to not be in the game is pretty cruel. If Skull kid is an assist, or a boss, or part of a final smash, I'm reasonably sure they would've shown him off at some point during e3 or the smash direct. The only reason I see for withholding information on young link such as his final smash would be to reveal with during a skull kid trailer. If not, why not just reveal his final smash during e3?

I don't know, but I'm decently sure Sakurai would've deconfirmed him as a fighter by now if he wasn't in the game, the same reason he showed off characters like Waluigi and Ashley as non playables so early so as not to get people's hopes up.
You know that's actually a really good point. I guess he's somewhat in the same boat as Chrom was then. Not showing off Robin's Final Smash because Chrom wasn't in it anymore. Not showing off Young Link's is some big red flags (or green flags considering it's a good thing).

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
Is he an actual leaker?
Kind of. He's a bit odd in that he says something like "Wouldn't it be cool if..." or "Can't wait for..." followed by "I think"/"maybe" and it's been the case with Ridley at e3 and I think K. Rool. Could be wrong about the latter, but I know he leaked/predicted Ridley at e3

Kind of. He's a bit odd in that he says something like "Wouldn't it be cool if..." or "Can't wait for..." followed by "I think"/"maybe" and it's been the case with Ridley at e3 and I think K. Rool. Could be wrong about the latter, but I know he leaked/predicted Ridley at e3
Interesting. Surprised more folks don't talk about him.

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
Interesting. Surprised more folks don't talk about him.
RelaxAlax had a video covering most/all of his tweets. Not everything's come to fruition, but he's been scarily accurate multiple times the day before directs and reveals

Edit: Here's to hoping he's right about Skull Kid

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Is he an actual leaker?
Possibly, however I am more on the side of him just being good at speculating, but if the next news we get is Spirits and Skull Kid, I might be a bit more open to the idea that he's a leaker trying to pass off as a speculator, it would be a interesting way to go about leaking things.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I hope Mimique is right about Skull Kid, I recently joined his server and it's a pretty great place. A lot of Skull Kid fans too.

So I watched the RelaxAlax video and Mimique certainly did say some interesting things. The biggest one is how he tweeted "Chrom" with no context just before the Smash Direct. In his recent tweet he mentions Skull Kid so confidently.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Regarding the "they would've shown him off by now if he was a boss" point...to be perfectly fair, they've only shown off two bosses thus far. Dracula, who was part of Simon's reveal, and Rathalos, who is also an AT and was thus revealed along with other ATs. I'm sure there are plenty of bosses left to show in a dedicated Spirits segment, so every chance remains that he's waiting to be shown off then.

This mimique thing is interesting though!

Reila

Hopefully this peculiar Mimique fellow is right and we get Skull Kid soon.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It really is unclear if they're a leaker in disguise or what, but their guesses have been really great thus far. I'm not sure if they've ever said something this blatant before though?

Top Bottom