• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARVEL Mafia - Over - Tomjester wins! - Inactivity abandoned

Handorin

Smash Hero
It's either one of those crazy wild guesses just to start a debate, a real paranoid cop, or you really are mafia (mafia wont admit to actually being mafia).

Im thinking the first. He hasnt brought up any report yet for us to really know. (But then again, he could fake it. We dont know how the reports look like in epicmafia.)

Handorin

Smash Hero
To Clarify: Im not asking to post a report. I actually meant claim, but I worked off report because Im tired.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Mediocre was just doing that to piss off spam, he'd of said his role otherwise.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yeah, that was sarcasm on Mediocre's part, though I think it's strange how Spam_Master pretends to know Medi's role and write him off as a paranoid cop when he's "accused". Then again, I can never tell when Spam is being sarcastic.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Even if he was just screwing around, I'm sure that someone else has to recognize his character. It fits the role of paranoid cop perfectly.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Now I feel stupid, I just checked and I was wrong. I had thought that his character was Rorschach, due to his avatar. And, while Rorschach fits the archetype for paranoid cop, he is DC character, and therefore can't be in this game.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Avatars shouldnt be counted as evidence considering that not everyone can change them. Also, paranoid cops dont know they are paranoid. They just appear as normal cops.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I know how a paranoid cop works and he changed it just as this game started, it's reasonable that the mod would only give that role to someone who could change their avatar.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
McCloud told me the roles were chosen at random (he refused to give me my role beforehand since he didn't have them picked out). While that might have been a lie, I'm friends with Mack (more so than he and Mediocre are), so I doubt he would intentionally chose to give him that role solely because of his avatar.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Yeah, Mediocre had that avatar before this game started. It would have been a giant giveaway if Medi's avatar suddenly changed to a comic book character when the roles were given out. And no good mod would give out roles any way other than randomly.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
You guys, even though you might think that the cop claiming at this point is a bad idea I highly disagree.

Someone said "then the mafia would have a higher chance of killing power roles".

True, but what if the mafia gets lucky and kills the cop, then we're nowhere.

Another point that i'd like to make is that because McCloud put an EpicMafia role in this game (the fool that was Tom's role) it is highly likely that there is a watcher in this game (i.e. a role that tells who visited a certain person)

This way, when the doc eventually gets lynched, the watcher stays on teh cop, making sure that he stays alive because the mafia couldnt touch him without outing themselves, allowing the cop to live through another night and getting another report.

Branch out guys, the way mafia is played around here makes the games ridiculously drawn out and boring.

If McCloud put a fool in this game (which is crazy, because the point of the fool on EM is to win and gane ranking points, which arent present on SWF.....), i'd bet anything that there is a watcher/tracker in this game.

Matter of fact, now that I think of it, only the tracker should claim, because taht role is as good as the cops role, and might have very well replaced the cop in this game. Plus, there could always be the chance that one cop comes out and ends up being insane/paranoid/noob, or whatever....

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Someone said "then the mafia would have a higher chance of killing power roles".

True, but what if the mafia gets lucky and kills the cop, then we're nowhere.
Right now, it isn't likely that the cop will be nightkilled, so I don't see why you're so worried about it. It's way too early for the cop to come out, and he probably doesn't have much information right now. Besides, if he did come out, what if the mafia gets lucky and kills the doc or bodyguard? We'd be nowhere.

Another point that i'd like to make is that because McCloud put an EpicMafia role in this game (the fool that was Tom's role) it is highly likely that there is a watcher in this game (i.e. a role that tells who visited a certain person)

This way, when the doc eventually gets lynched, the watcher stays on teh cop, making sure that he stays alive because the mafia couldnt touch him without outing themselves, allowing the cop to live through another night and getting another report.
Tom wasn't a Fool, read the first post, look through the flash tutorial. He was a Jester, there's a difference, isn't there? Just because a jester role is in this game doesn't make it any likelier that a watcher is even in play. You're assuming too much for this plan to work.

Also, why is there even discussion on this avatar business? Everyone can change their avatars because of the recent update. Even if somebody did change their avatar to a Marvel character (not that Medi did, just saying), it shouldn't be taken seriously at all. Otherwise, everybody would just change their avatar to a "good guy". It's like if somebody said they were town with no evidence.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Right now, it isn't likely that the cop will be nightkilled, so I don't see why you're so worried about it. It's way too early for the cop to come out, and he probably doesn't have much information right now. Besides, if he did come out, what if the mafia gets lucky and kills the doc or bodyguard? We'd be nowhere.
2 Situations:
No Claim- He doesnt claim, so the mafia kill "randomly" again. It's just as likely for them to find the cop as it is another power role.

Claim- The cop claims. The mafia might night kill him, but it is likely there is a doctor or watcher, so they dont out of fear of a waste. So they kill someone else. It could be a power role, or it may not. My guess, if there is a watcher, then there is a doc. If a cop claims now, doc should protect him and the watcher watches a random person to possibly find mafia.

Tom wasn't a Fool, read the first post, look through the flash tutorial. He was a Jester, there's a difference, isn't there? Just because a jester role is in this game doesn't make it any likelier that a watcher is even in play. You're assuming too much for this plan to work.
Mafia Scum Wiki said:
A Jester is a role which wins when they are lynched. They generally cause difficulty for the Town in two ways. First, because (while the Jester is alive) they aim to prevent the Town from lynching Scum. Second, because their attempts to get themselves lynched inevitably involve trying to convince the Town that they are Scum, and thereby cause confusion and distraction for as long as they are alive.

If a Jester is lynched before any other faction has won, the game will usually continue to determine second place.
In epicmafia, that is called a fool. A fool also sometimes normal, but just randomly votes. So there really isnt much difference. He still won.

Lance said:
Matter of fact, now that I think of it, only the tracker should claim, because taht role is as good as the cops role, and might have very well replaced the cop in this game. Plus, there could always be the chance that one cop comes out and ends up being insane/paranoid/noob, or whatever....
In my opinion, cop is still better. A tracker can track a doc, but it just shows up that they visited the person they saved. You wont know if it is a mafia power role (such as hooker) or a doctor/cop.

I'm usually against claiming, but I think cop should claim over tracker. So I would like to hear your reasoning behind this.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Honestly, I accused spam_master because I was hoping he would have a telling reaction. spam_master is probably one of the most easily angered players here, so I was hoping I could excite him into revealing something.

That, and I thought the game was progressing slowly. This has sped the game up significantly and, while that wasn't my primary goal, I admit I see it as a decidedly positive effect.

Anyhow, I have this Rorschach avatar because I think he's an amazing character from one of the best Western comics I've ever read. Nothing to do with this game.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
spam, why do you think I'm mafia agian? Because I pointed out the errors in voting tom, or because I didn't bold my votes?

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
So now that we are waiting for cop/tracker/whoever to come out of hiding, can we make a list of who has been acting scummy?

Just from what I have been reading and the votes currently standing I have:
<3
Lance
Pikachun00b7
Spam_master
Mediocre

The self votes are just weird, guys, and Mediocre claiming spam is mafia is stupid as well. If you are not going to claim cop, don't bother with fake reports. Even if it's to enrage a player into dropping a tell.

I think we have a good strategy playing this how we would EM. Now if our power roles would just come out, maybe this game could go somewhere...

Handorin

Smash Hero
So now that we are waiting for cop/tracker/whoever to come out of hiding, can we make a list of who has been acting scummy?

<3
Lance
Pikachun00b7
Spam_master
Mediocre

The self votes are just weird, guys, and Mediocre claiming spam is mafia is stupid as well. If you are not going to claim cop, don't bother with fake reports. Even if it's to enrage a player into dropping a tell.

I think we have a good strategy playing this how we would EM. Now if our power roles would just come out, maybe this game could go somewhere...
You think it's stupid to call Spam mafia, but he's on your list of being scummy? That's pretty odd.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer

<3
Lance
Pikachun00b7
Spam_master
Mediocre

Stupid, maybe. Mafia, how? How would a weak accusation like the one I made help the mafia at all? The only reason I made it was because spam is easily angered, so he might slip and reveal something helpful, and because the game was uninteresting at that time. I'm not sure how that makes me mafia.

As for the rest of your accusations, I think most of them are pretty thin. I agree that Lance and Pikachunoob have been making claims and accusations that are both internally inconsistent and inconsistent with the facts. What I can't figure out is whether their playstyle indicates that they're mafia, or just that they're not playing very well. Still, if it were to come to a vote right now, I'd consider one of them to be our best bet at finding a mafioso.

The <3 accusation has some merits. In the games I've played with him in, I've always found his playstyle to be a bit... odd. He did quite a few things that weren't stupid, but didn't really make a lot of sense to me. Things that just distracted the other players. From what I can see, it's the same in this game. So that aspect isn't very scummy. His bad logic behind his votes earlier in the game does seem somewhat scummy to me, though. I'm really not too suspicious of him, but he's someone I'll be watching.

I don't understand where you're coming from with spam_master at all. Despite my bogus claim that he is mafia, I really don't see much evidence that he is. Unless I missed something? If so, please point it out to me.

Really, though, I think it's silly to just list your suspicions without giving any reasoning behind them. It won't convince anyone to vote for any of those people. It won't make anyone watch any of them more closely. Worst of all, it will put the people on the list on guard if they're actually mafia.

If you're going to accuse people, don't put a bunch of people on a big list. It doesn't help anybody. Pick the one or two people you find the most suspicious, and make as convincing an argument against them as you can. A big list of suspicious people helps no one, except maybe the mafia by warning them that they're attracting attention.

You think it's stupid to call Spam mafia, but he's on your list of being scummy? That's pretty odd.
Well, not really. Saying someone seems scummy is hugely different from just coming out and stating that they're mafia, as if it's an absolute fact.

So while I don't find spam_master particularly scummy, I don't think BreakWing's posistion is inconsistent.

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
Really, though, I think it's silly to just list your suspicions without giving any reasoning behind them. It won't convince anyone to vote for any of those people. It won't make anyone watch any of them more closely. Worst of all, it will put the people on the list on guard if they're actually mafia.

If you're going to accuse people, don't put a bunch of people on a big list. It doesn't help anybody. Pick the one or two people you find the most suspicious, and make as convincing an argument against them as you can. A big list of suspicious people helps no one, except maybe the mafia by warning them that they're attracting attention.
QUOTE]

I was really just making a list to get some things straight. It's bothersome to have to read through multiple pages over and over. You're right. I will come back reasonings for my suspisions.

But for now, I'm late to class =P

As Mediocre said, I wasn't accusing anyone of being mafia. I just made a little list of all those accused and the ones I agree with being scummy.

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
THIS IS THE SAME POST WITH CORRECTED QUOTE

I was really just making a list to get some things straight. It's bothersome to have to read through multiple pages over and over. You're right. I will come back reasonings for my suspisions.

But for now, I'm late to class =P

As Mediocre said, I wasn't accusing anyone of being mafia. I just made a little list of all those accused and the ones I agree with being scummy.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
spam, why do you think I'm mafia agian? Because I pointed out the errors in voting tom, or because I didn't bold my votes?
I find you scummy because, when I tried to figure out what the mafia would do to handle tom's claim (which they obviously believed judging from the outcome) I came up with three different and distinct options, and seeing as how trying to argue which would one the mafia would pick is a classic example of WIFOM, I new I couldn't effectively use it to determine mafia. However, when I went back through the posts, you attempted to use every one of the three options, and thusly I determined that of the people who voted for tom you are the most scummy.

The observation about you bolding was simply something that I do all the time, whenever I'm trying to see if someones lying I find that with well thought out lies it often difficult to see through, and so I watch for certain characteristics of their normal behavior to change, like their speech pattern or their walking pace. In a non-personal setting like the internet this becomes word patterns or in this case typing format. But, while that sort of thing could make me suspicious, it would never warrant a mention, much less a vote.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't normally bold single lines of text when I type though so wouldn't that mean what I was saying was that much more true and natural by your logic?

The way mafia games work there will always be more townie voters than normal players espeacially on day one. So not only did the mafia "bite" if what you are saying is true but so did over 30% of throw players at the very least.
I didn't think for a second Tom was town and I made that clear from the beginning but at the time I thought pikachunoob was a better target. This was also made clear in all of my day 1 posts. In the end changing my vote was the correct decision for town, we lowered the overall player count without killing off one of our own.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Noone finds it weird that Breakwing said he wanted Power Rules to reveal before the game went any further?

unvote
Vote: Breakwing

Those last two parts of your post just scream scum.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@Handorin- The reason why the doc shouldnt come up in a trackers report as guilty is because if the tracker claims, then the doc should be protecting him....

The only reason the tracker should come out with a report is if say "X person visited Y during the night" then Y ends up dead...

You're right though, cop is better.

COP CLAIM NAO and NL PLZ

vote: cop claim

Handorin

Smash Hero
Except the tracker hasnt claimed, so the doc cant protect him, so he still might be found. Also, There arnt really guilty or not guilty tracker reports. Just X visited y, but y happened to die.

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
Noone finds it weird that Breakwing said he wanted Power Rules to reveal before the game went any further?

unvote
Vote: Breakwing

Those last two parts of your post just scream scum.

I wasn't advocating that all the power roles come out. I just want one that could help us, like a cop or tracker. Kind of like what everyone else is saying, so I don't see how I am 'screaming scum.'

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Let's face it guys, if they haven't come out by now they're not going to, and I think its better that way. Let's just move on to who we think we should lynch, we've got plenty of info.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Let's face it guys, if they haven't come out by now they're not going to, and I think its better that way. Let's just move on to who we think we should lynch, we've got plenty of info.
You lead our lynch then, o wise one with lots of info. We dont have any claims or reports, which is the only "solid" info. We just have suspicions and no cleared people.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I don't normally bold single lines of text when I type though so wouldn't that mean what I was saying was that much more true and natural by your logic?

The way mafia games work there will always be more townie voters than normal players espeacially on day one. So not only did the mafia "bite" if what you are saying is true but so did over 30% of throw players at the very least.
I didn't think for a second Tom was town and I made that clear from the beginning but at the time I thought pikachunoob was a better target. This was also made clear in all of my day 1 posts. In the end changing my vote was the correct decision for town, we lowered the overall player count without killing off one of our own.
Most of that is irrelevant, I've turned everything that is important yellow. Firstly, whether or not your choice turned out to be the correct one doesn't matter, unless your some how precognitive, and new that he could only be lynched once, to spite your previous assertions earlier in the day, you expected him to live through your lynch, be he town or not. Secondly, as farm as I am concerned, there are very few options the mafia could have chosen, and you chose all of them, if you can provide other options the mafia could have taken or can somehow describe how your line of action didn't follow all or the majority of these choices, then my argument stands.

Also,I find it very annoying how you've consistently addressed what I have repeatedly described as a small micro to the macro of main argument first, you may not see it as anything, but I see it as an attempt to discredit me.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
OK guys, I'm heading off to Florida Friday morning so I don't know how much I will be online in the next week. Because of that, I guess it's a good time to do something before I randomly get killed and can't do anything anyways.

I'm the Vigilante: I have the option of one day kill or one night kill. If I day kill, my role will be revealed (not so if it's a night kill). I have a few people on my list and have been really tempted to knock one of them off, but so far I have not. What I'm asking is if there is a cop, watcher, anyone that can prove either they are or are not mafia, it might be good for you to speak up. Otherwise, you might end up with Tom and Lombardi.

I know some people may not speak up for fear of further repercussions down the line, but I guess that is your choice. I'd also like to suggest the doc not protect me over the night since once I use up my kill there are more important people to protect.

Alea iacta est.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Spam doesn't make sense. He will probably say it is intentional in efforts to confuse me into a position where I "slip". Spam, you're arguments conflict with one another when I disprove your logic you decide it is worth ignoring. And then you bring up irrelevant ideas... I don't understand how us coming to the same conclusion as far as the mafia's choice of actions makes me mafia. No one can be as smart as you?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, now that pikanoob is gone we either have to redecide if he was mafia or not. It's so hard to tell when people get replaced. =/

smashman90

Smash Lord
Show me your boobs!

*Wild Smashman90 appears*

Smashman 90 uses Zomg bomb on Everybody, it's a one hit K.O!

Smashman90 is teh winner!

Sorry, needed to get that joke post out of my system. Anywho, I shall be rereading everything soon, so expecting a serious post some time soon. I would also like to point out that it's not that surprising that Norman Osborn was a townie. McCloud was using his persona, not the Green Goblin's. Norman kinda has multiple personalities (his own and the GG persona). I kinda believe Virgin Juice's roleclaim for now, but I wish he had mentioned which character he was instead of revealing his ability. I kinda think it was a bad move revealing that he was the vigilante. And furthermore:

Vote: Spam Master's Gut

It's obvious that spam's gut is mafia...

Top Bottom