• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Range Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toebex

Smash Cadet
So this has been annoying me a lot recently. Marth's range was what made him so good in Melee and (sort of) Brawl, however the range nerf in Smash4 has made him almost unplayable to me. He is my favourite character in the series, and it is a shame to see it. He has almost become just a dash it, attack, dash out again. He is still very good, don't get me wrong, but the range nerf seems to ruin his incredible power.

Just giving my opinion, what do you guys think?

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
So this has been annoying me a lot recently. Marth's range was what made him so good in Melee and (sort of) Brawl, however the range nerf in Smash4 has made him almost unplayable to me. He is my favourite character in the series, and it is a shame to see it. He has almost become just a dash it, attack, dash out again. He is still very good, don't get me wrong, but the range nerf seems to ruin his incredible power.

Just giving my opinion, what do you guys think?
This is a typical story for a lot of veteran Marths transferring over to Sm4sh. I wasn't affect as much, since I didn't take Marth seriously till this iteration. He definitely took a hit in terms of his tier placement, but I'd say he's more enjoyable now for me personally.

Give it some time dude, I wouldn't give up on Marth just yet, especially with what he's able to do now.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
His sword is longer than it was in Brawl.
His animations (i.e. him stepping forward) may have been reduced to compensate, but going by OBJECTIVE DATA IN THE GAME'S ENGINE: He has more range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom