• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's problem finding solution thread: list a problem to find a way around it.

k9999-izzle

Smash Rookie
just a question, why do the pros neglect his spike?
isn't it almost as good as falcos spike?

Yaiba Odoriko

Smash Rookie
I don't have many friends to play with, but one on them is pretty good (we're no where near pro level, but both pretty good) with Roy. At first, I had some trouble getting past his edge guarding (he prefers fsmash or Flare Blade), but I soon found out that I could easily get past by countering or air dodging. I've slowly gotten better at my defense, but I seem to have trouble now and then getting past his defensive techniques. Does anyone have suggestions on how to bait him or chase him into a position to where I have the advantage? I'm not really good with wavedashing and I'm experimenting with dash dancing. DD seems to work pretty effectivly so far.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Learn every single aspect of marths advanced game, (wavedashing, DD, shffling, JC grabbing, spacing, dblfair, tech-chasing, etc.). After that u should be owning your friends roy since marth generally has alot of advantages over roy. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom