• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Counter not working right

Travus

Smash Rookie
Okay when you use counter for Marth (the down special) its strength is suppose to vary depending on the strength of the attack being countered. It doesn't work with Marth like on melee and brawl. Ike and Roy's counter works fine I tested them all

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
In Melee Marth's counter does a set 7% with set knockback regardless of the strength of the attack countered.

Travus

Smash Rookie
Really I thought it did... I'm gonna go check now lol. But I know brawl does change. I don't feel as if Roy and Ike should have theirs vary if Marth's can't.

Travus

Smash Rookie
Silentdoom is right. Marth is set to 7 with counter on melee. I also noticed that Roy's does change according to attack on melee... Been so long since I played melee I forgot.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Really I thought it did... I'm gonna go check now lol. But I know brawl does change. I don't feel as if Roy and Ike should have theirs vary if Marth's can't.
The thing about Roy's and Ike's counters is that they are harder to time. Marth's might only do 7% damage with set knockback, but his is the easiest to time.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Marth's is the easiest to time with the least reward. Roy's is the hardest with the most reward. Ike is in between.

Top Bottom