• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth

keeper

Smash Champion
This is why Battlefield is my current favorite stage for Olimar. The platforms make it so you can control your opponent. Marth is a character where he hits everything in front and above him. Olimar, I feel is the same. So, to remedy this, get them above you.

To do this I do the following:
Grab them->Down throw->Hyphen Usmash or SH Uair. I feel the Hyphen Usmash is a better choice on that stage specifically because the Pikmin (except purple) reach up through the platform and hit them.

Your grab range is better than Marth's as is your overall range. You can camp against a Marth user.

Fino

Smash Master
I have difficultly with good marth players as well.
I'd follow keepers advice for the most part.
Problem is marth can juggle Olimar so easily it's sick. I found that you can grab marth with out breaking a sweat, those that's your in, because it goes both ways, olimar can easily juggle a marth (expecially on stages like battlefield). Also, spam the heck out of your B over. This really doesn't do a whole lot, but it's a very aggravating thing to deal, which hopefully will leave an opening.
And interesting thing I found out for marth (and a lot of other characters to) is that, for the most part, there's a split second delay for them to grab the edge when doing thier B^. Exploit this with a down smash (works 80 if not 90% of the time).

~Fino

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
Play his range game, and get underneath him - the previous two posts in this topic have said it better than I ever could, so I'm just agreeing.

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you have to try to out-range Marth as much as you can, and getting under him works well, too. Go for stages with platforms, as mentioned before.

Also, some Marths will try to come in at an angle, so be ready to Pikmin Whip. I love getting people with that one--for some reason they never see it coming.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I was about to make a topic but I think I'll answer this first.

IF you are having problems with Marth you probably are having trouble getting down from being juggled, right?

I say Whistle armor.

Just Down B correctly and they will be above you and you'll be on your way down.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Also, I recommend playing on stages with low ceilings, such as Corneria. The entire stage of Corneria is basically one gigantic slope. The ground is uneven, which reduces Marth's attack range. This also reduces Olimar's smash range, because the Pikmin are not traveling on a perfectly flat surface, so they end up dropping down the slope and not being as effective, or they go against the slope and do not travel very far. However, Olimar's grabs treat the stage as if it was a flat plane. When grabbing, Olimar's Pikmin travel a surprisingly far distance up and down the stage, so it's very easy to grab Marth on Corneria. Also, since the ceiling on this map is so low - I would say the lowest out of all of the stages - it is easier for Olimar to kill Marth. Olimar can even kill Marth using up-airs, juggling Marth into the ceiling. And, of course, Olimar's up-smash is even more effective on this stage.

Olimar has the advantage on Corneria.

Top Bottom