• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs. Ike: The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Marth's better than Ike in several ways.

Ike's more manly, and fights for his friends...which makes him better than Marth in every other way outside of the Brawl arena. You'll get no sympathy from him.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
it depends, if you like power, then ike is better, if combos, marth of course
No, not really. More or less if you like winning, choose Marth, if you like struggling against every main tourney character, use Ike.

And besides, that's a really generic and just dumb thing to say. If you like power, choose Ganon, if you like speed, choose MK, amirite? >.>

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, they are quite different. Ike is slow, strong and has a bad aerial game.
Marth is a blend of power, speed and aerial game and canrack up damage well.

Personally I prefer Marth but it's your choice.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Marth gets punished for missing an attack or getting an unsafe attack shielded.

Ike gets punished for pressing the A or B button or using the C-Stick.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
in a way is kinda hard to say no,because anyone who played melee competitively joined long ago,most people who joined after oh say...april? are quite ovbiously new to the smash scene,but then again thats probably not 100% accurate(but y'know anyone can become pro in 4 months)

edit:i started in melee in like 04' but didint know about this place til i found it somehow
Well I would have joined when Brawl was announced if I would've known about here, so just because someone joins in '08 means they came onto the scene then? I don't think so, because it sounds like you didn't either so you can't make assumptions like that. And Marth ***** Ike all day. And if I said all night too, then that would be gay.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
in a way is kinda hard to say no,because anyone who played melee competitively joined long ago,most people who joined after oh say...april? are quite ovbiously new to the smash scene,but then again thats probably not 100% accurate(but y'know anyone can become pro in 4 months)

edit:i started in melee in like 04' but didint know about this place til i found it somehow
people who think others who joined in 08 dont know anything or are complete n00bs, are *******. marth owns ike any day.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Ike forums is filled with idiot fanboys without any grasp of reality, game balance, game depth and character potential. Nobody cares what idiots think. God the character specific forums for speculative future Low Tiers are filled with so much denial and stupidity.

"If we're creative enough, we can still win!", "We just have to work harder than everyone else!", "We have to adapt!"

Yeah, what if the opposing character is creative, too? If you have to work harder, how is that not playing a Low Tier? And why do you assume the opponent won't adapt?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) Don't friggin' leave yourself open so much.
2) Learn to DI it, you're not supposed to die from it' 'til the 150's, at the very least.
3) You must shield!
4) Shield -> Shieldgrab inbetween every jab or after the 3rd one.
5) Get hit, then Up B (as Marth) - Yes, Ike will get hit even though he hit Marth first
6) Roll through it and punish accordingly.
7) Shielddrop smash after the 3rd jab

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... Ike is better just like Roy was.

PS: On manliness scale: Ike >>>>>>>>>Marth>>Roy

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
people who think others who joined in 08 dont know anything or are complete n00bs, are *******. marth owns ike any day.
I mean like 80% of the '08 users are ******** (or act like a ****** or they don't have any idea of the meaning of serious business).

But like the poster up there showed, not only the '08 users have no idea of thy meaning of serious business.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
I mean like 80% of the '08 users are ******** (or act like a ****** or they don't have any idea of the meaning of serious business).

But like the poster up there showed, not only the '08 users have no idea of thy meaning of serious business.
LOL at your join date.

But all that Ike has on Marth is reach. Tippers make up for the power difference. And Marth brings out moves incredibly quickly and has little lag. Marth wins.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
lol
theres a reason people dont like 08ers,because brawl is for casual players
And the PARTY genre surely does not exist dont he back of SSB64 ad SSBm right?

SSb64, melee and Brawl were party games. They happened to be competitive. Yes Brawl was geared more for mainstream but that doe $snot mean its incapable of being competitive.

People don't like 08'ers cause they are ******** most of the time, not because they like Brawl.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings

ok?so everyone who quoted me being a douche or w/e
(and um....look at their join date,notice somthing)
is wrong,what everyone else said is true,Most 08'ers are a bunch of idiots

and Roy is more manly than both marth and ike,he just sounds girly

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
And the PARTY genre surely does not exist dont he back of SSB64 ad SSBm right?
Type clearly, wtf.

SSb64, melee and Brawl were party games. They happened to be competitive. Yes Brawl was geared more for mainstream but that doe $snot mean its incapable of being competitive.
lol, SSB didn't get much attention, Melee is nothing like Brawl, dont even compare them, or think throwing the name out helps your cause.

People don't like 08'ers cause they are ******** most of the time, not because they like Brawl.
You dont seem to different from that sterotype.

I look at my join date with disgrace, ehe.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Type clearly, wtf.
I have a rather damaged keyboard to work with so bare with me.

I said that the PARTY genre did not exist on the back of SSB64 and SSBM.

lol, SSB didn't get much attention, Melee is nothing like Brawl, dont even compare them, or think throwing the name out helps your cause.
*facepalm*
Obviously you couldn't comprehend the point of the post otherwise you wouldn't make such a reply.

He said, Brawl is intended for casual play.

I said SSB64 and SSBM were intended for casual play as well.

While SSBB was geared more towards casual play, SSBM and SSB64 were intended for casual play as well.

Obviously I do not need you to say SSBM and Brawl are different because this was acknowledged in the earlier post.

If you had read what I said correctly rather than skimming (which I think you did) it would be obvious that I wasn't just tossing the name out.

You dont seem to different from that sterotype.

I look at my join date with disgrace, ehe.
I do not look at join date when someone makes a response. Only their argument.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
What are you smoking? I'm an Ike main and Marth is guaranteed high tier, while Ike is low - mid mid tier at best. In the match up Marth should be better since all Ike has on him is range and power, but its not like like he's hitting Marth anyway.
finally, an Ike main who knows what hes talking about

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
What is this thread doing here? And why have I not noticed it until now?

Discussions like this belong on the sticky for tiers. And stop the flaming, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom