• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
there is much much much more to marth's defense than the actual defensive options laid out by the game engine. and once again, this is what i was emphasizing on it not being a large part of your metagame at the moment. marth's rolls, spotdodges, and shield shouldn't even have been a part of your point @_@
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you think "our" metagame is more aggressive out of ignorance towards defensive options but that's not the case. I think it's a matter of choice here.
And if you're implying that none of Marth's defensive options "laid out by the game engine" are decisive in his defensive game you're essentially saying that the range and quickness of his sword attacks is all you have to keep your opponent from approaching. If that's the case then I'm going to stick to my point that you might as well be the aggressor anyway.

And [this isn't directed towards Neo] I still don't see where the equation "being aggressive = jumping into the ****" is coming from. I'm not saying "Marth's defense is whack you might as well jump right into all of MKs attacks". I'm saying Marth's offensive tools are clearly more lucrative than his defensive options - unless you're dealing with an opponent who just straight-up outcamps Marth like Diddy Kong does.

:059:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Chair do you honestly believe the **** you post dude?

There isn't even a starting point to being to dissect the idiocy of those statements
I commend your constructiveness.

If only you'd actually say something worthwhile now, you're severely degrading the quality of this thread's debate. If you're sincerely offended by my statement about American Marths not treating the MU the right way, so be it.

However, all of my other statement were with regards to the European metagame. All due respect, you probably have no idea how involved I am with the European metagame, which players I talk to, which matches I see happening live, how good I am (not implying I'm a star), my analytical capabilities and, most importantly (and satisfyingly):

How European I am.

I suggest you don't counter that logic.

Then again, if I'm making the ridiculous statements about my own continent, metagame and even countrymen (guess what, I live 30 minutes away from Ramin, 2 hours from Staco (admittedly, he's not a fellow countryman), 2 hours from Istudying and 3 hours from Orion). Well, I suppose your insights in the whole ordeal are by far superior and you would be able to completely enlighten me about the shortcomings of my insight.

By all means, kind lad, make my day.

Laem

Smash Champion
I suggest you don't counter that logic.
best sentence ever

wasnt this a marth vs falco topic? :D

wth LOL try to get this thread back on track and get infracted
I guess that must be a bad thing then. Remind me to always be off topic in the marth boards (EU vs US boards) :'D

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lololol im not going to read all but americans saying europeans dont play matchups right cos there impatiant?

its not like we cant adapt to playing patiant i probs play more patiant than most americas and a few other europeans also we cna be agressive and patiant when we wana be

Ykana

Smash Cadet
Nice thread, i found alot of info on Marth vs Falco, good stuff Marth Boards :).

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
You know, once upon a time, I used to be proud of Marth boards for being a superior breed. We were ahead of the game.

Apparently, we're still stuck in 09 though where talking about EU versus US is still cool.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
This is Marth's easiest matchup. Why is this thread still open? Let's move onto Ganondorf already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom