• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Match-Up Questions

JeliJM

Smash Rookie
NNID
JeliJM
3DS FC
0533-8054-7113
I'm having a big match-up block against Marth. Here are some questions that I have, but even after looking at Armada and reading his guide, some things are still not clear to me.

1) How do I fight against Marth on the small stages (Yoshis, FoD)? In other words, I don't know how to get out of being cornered.
2) How do you combo DI out of Marth's Aerials? I keep getting fair'd despite DI'ing out and getting Ken Combo'd over and over...
3) If I shield or perfect shield Marth's tipper, how should I punish right OoS if I can? What are some punishes I can do if I am right next to Marth and I shield or perfect shield his F-Smash?
4) What is something that Marth mains always look out to punish for against Peach?
5) What do I do when I'm on the ledge? I have a really hard time trying to get back on the stage from there, and end up having to be launched off stage and recovering on stage with parasol.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
1) How do I fight against Marth on the small stages (Yoshis, FoD)? In other words, I don't know how to get out of being cornered.
Uh, it's complicated. Your basic macro-gameplan still applies. Get out of cornered by calling him out for something, basically either try to pull a turnip or move forward. When you move forward you can either do an attack or WD into shield. A lot of times, Marths will be bad at reacting to your turnip pull so pull a turnip and then mixup what you do after it.

2) How do you combo DI out of Marth's Aerials? I keep getting fair'd despite DI'ing out and getting Ken Combo'd over and over...
DI out should get you out of Ken combos. At low to mid percents, fair just combos into fair. Depending on stage positioning and percent, you can DI up and in to go straight up which will often only allow Marth to get about 2 fairs. But then you have to find a way down.

3) If I shield or perfect shield Marth's tipper, how should I punish right OoS if I can? What are some punishes I can do if I am right next to Marth and I shield or perfect shield his F-Smash?
WD grab, float nair.

4) What is something that Marth mains always look out to punish for against Peach?
Excessive dash attacking.

5) What do I do when I'm on the ledge? I have a really hard time trying to get back on the stage from there, and end up having to be launched off stage and recovering on stage with parasol.
Ledge sucks for Peach. Below 100%, neutral stand up can work. Get up attack can work. Otherwise, getting hit on purpose so you can get launched high in the air and come back with Parasol is not that bad of an idea.

Top Bottom