• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth-Lucina. Ganondorf-Demise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
So as we've seen, Sakurai considers doing quick projects to include more characters, characters that are highly similar to others. This is a long way of saying we have Lucina for Marth. The question I have is: could we see the same thing with Skyward Sword's Demise? That is if Ganondorf finally has his sword

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it honestly. It seems Lucina is possibly the only unique case

Other than potentially Dark Pit because of favoritism. I can't see Demise getting treated that special with Sakurai at the helm of directing

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
So as we've seen, Sakurai considers doing quick projects to include more characters, characters that are highly similar to others. This is a long way of saying we have Lucina for Marth. The question I have is: could we see the same thing with Skyward Sword's Demise? That is if Ganondorf finally has his sword
EDIT: This isn't an actual expectation, but a subtle hope of mine

Speculator

Smash Ace
I rather hope not. I wouldn't be opposed to Demise as a Ganondorf alt, but his body shape and size is quite different to Twilight Princess Ganondorf so I don't think it would look very good. I'm fine with Lucina as a promoted costume but I don't think there should be too many characters like her.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Would be neat, I'm not against it. Would be a bit off if Ganondorf still had his Cpt. Falcon moveset though, I hope they give him a more unique moveset regardless.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Considering how many sword characters have already been confirmed, I seriously doubt Ganondorf will get a sword-based moveset, much less a sword-based clone to go along with it. He'll probably retain most of his Falcondorf moveset with a couple new moves to further declone him.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Considering how many sword characters have already been confirmed, I seriously doubt Ganondorf will get a sword-based moveset, much less a sword-based clone to go along with it. He'll probably retain most of his Falcondorf moveset with a couple new moves to further declone him.
EDIT: broken image, I'll just write out what I was conveying.
So you think that anybody who uses a sword is too similar? Really? And it's not like a sword used for a few moves makes the moveset sword-based. There is plenty of possibility to add Ganondorf's sword into it and make him completely original. Marth, Ike, Link, And Robin play nothing alike. Probably Mii Swordfighter too. And you can't bring up Lucina because she wasn't planned to be a completely original newcomer.
Oh, and guess who else uses swords in their moveset.
Greninja.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
EDIT: broken image, I'll just write out what I was conveying.
So you think that anybody who uses a sword is too similar? Really? And it's not like a sword used for a few moves makes the moveset sword-based. There is plenty of possibility to add Ganondorf's sword into it and make him completely original. Marth, Ike, Link, And Robin play nothing alike. Probably Mii Swordfighter too. And you can't bring up Lucina because she wasn't planned to be a completely original newcomer.
Oh, and guess who else uses swords in their moveset.
Greninja.
I'm not necessarily saying that Ganondorf couldn't use his sword without being a clone. I'm saying that Ganondorf is a very versatile fighter, and doesn't need to use a sword to have a moveset that represents him, so Sakurai will probably want to go in a different direction with him, if he revamps Ganondorf at all. Even if he does give Ganondorf a sword, that doesn't mean Demise will or should get a skin/clone spot, as he's pretty forgettable as a villain and nowhere near as versatile as Ganondorf in combat.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Actually I think this is possible, Ganondorf won't be cut, that's guaranteed, and it would be nice to see a new Zeda character with Demise, I like Demise's sword.

I wouldn't care if Demise and Ganondorf had clone movesets because I'd still use both of them regardless.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I really would prefer a brawler/dark magic or a tankish warlock (I mean true warlock, no renaming falcon moves), or at least a lance/trident for ganondorf (phantom ganondorf, ganon) insted of heavy swordsman, or heavy magic swordsman for ganondorf...plus, i haven't played skyward sword, but not sure if i like demise design... character designs are one of the things i like the most on zelda games (and music)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom