• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Grab/Combo Discussion

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
Now playing this week against LordKnight, he would do a few things and I would always get grabbed after them. He would either hit me or I would sheilded it. First on this list was during a low percent, he would down-tilt into a dashgrab. It worked exactly like a jab-grab, stunning me just enough for the grab to catch me before I could react to it. Secondly but much easier to avoid is the low% up-throw uptilt combos that would seem to combo into an U-air to Fsmash, especially if I was thrown onto a platform, he always had the up-tilt spaced so it would hit most of the platform no matter which way i rolled or even if I teched in place.

Avoiding Marths D-tilt(jab)-Grab and Uptilt combos.

Discuss.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
Now playing this week against LordKnight, he would do a few things and I would always get grabbed after them. He would either hit me or I would sheilded it. First on this list was during a low percent, he would down-tilt into a dashgrab. It worked exactly like a jab-grab, stunning me just enough for the grab to catch me before I could react to it. Secondly but much easier to avoid is the low% up-throw uptilt combos that would seem to combo into an U-air to Fsmash, especially if I was thrown onto a platform, he always had the up-tilt spaced so it would hit most of the platform no matter which way i rolled or even if I teched in place.

Avoiding Marths D-tilt(jab)-Grab and Uptilt combos.

Discuss.
basically...dont ever go near marth, just do: downB-->upB-->off the stage x #of lives

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Marths d tilt>grab is outrageously good.Crouch cancels automatically,hits and grabs.
TOO GOOD!Don't even get me started on his dashdance JC grab.

Just learn to DI and jump at the right time and SOME of your problems are solved.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
make sure you save ur jump on the uthrow-->utilt combos until a time you KNOW you can get out. you may have to cut your losses sometimes and take a few hits, but its better than wasting ur jump and getting 90% combo'd.

As far as marth utilting you through a platform, he can do that to everyone. thats just marth gayness. you basically listed a few of the advantages marth has as a whole, you just have to accept some of it and work around it. Tech as soon as you get on the platform and get away if you have the chance. Asking how to get out of that is kinda like a marth asking how to get out of sheik's dthrow combos. lol

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
dawg marth be maaaaad gangsta but shiek is da most ramblin gamblin hot shot spicy hot stuntza 'round. she be like I got needles' he aint got no projectiles, den you should be all like im too fast and dash attack chain grab, afew jabs, upair kicks *** an gullotine da dawg when he hits da ground. Gullotine? dawg, its when u jump in the air after a dawgs falling slam down and use her down air move. I know da hitbx be mad stupid but it's powerful and plus yo sheik u got speed its all bout timin dawg and it bounce em in da air prolly kill em.

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
nah dawg this is da way i be boie i be maaaad gangsta hollla! This board be mad baallliiiiinnnn!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
sheik players should never talk about marths gayness

you can CC the down tilt or buffer roll/dodge away (hold R, then either C stick down-left or C stick down-right), or you can just jab marth before he grabs you. It doesn't combo, it's just a good strategy to spam on people not used to it, and I'm the one who taught LK how amazingly good that stuff is.

Up throw up tilt only works till like 30% then it doesn't reach at all. At 0% don't DI the up throw, then do Sheik's Nair on Marth as soon as you can. At low %s it's easy to hit the center of Marth's sword with up tilt and you won't be juggled very long, esp if you don't DI it. Or you can just DI away the whole time and spam double jumps, and if that doesn't work try not DIing the up throw then DIing back the up tilt and then getting away.

Top Bottom