• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth advice needed (video inside)

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Ganondorf: Ganondorf is a fierce fighter, and possess’ advantages over Marth
unique to himself, though some are shared. This advantage would be that Ganon
can trade blows with Marth effectively, as his moves have roughly the same
range, but more damage and knock back than Marth’s. Add to that his weight,
and Ganon will be more than happy to trade attacks with Marth. Other than
trading blows, both can combo each other pretty well, so there isn’t a clear
cut advantage there, though I think Marth has a slight edge overall.

you overall game is good your spacing is adequate
but a few problems you approach with marth
I would suggest foxtrotting which is A method of running faster than normal. To perform the Fox Trot, simply begin a dash by tapping the control stick in the desired direction once (You should jerk forward), then waiting for a little bit, then immediately dashing forwards again. Keep repeating this you are now Fox Trotting. what this you blinding weave in and out of ganondorfs attacks so you can punish him with a ken combo and such

you approach with marth using the Nair is not that effective i would suggest appoaching with a Fair which is a great tool for comboing plus combined with fox trotting you can rack up seroius damage as opposed to ganondorfs supreme strength

and try to spot dodge more lol

I really like what happened at 0;40 - 0:44

I would rate that performance 6 out of 10
not Bad :)

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Decent, at your best a 6 and at worst a 4. You gotta start using Marth's grabs a lot more, they absolutely **** heavy characters (and anyone else for that matter :). The spacing on some arieals was great, but occasionally you faired right next to him, which should have got you shield grabbed.

Your marth is solid, but like all of us you have something to work on. Good luck!

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Don't try to ken combo in pal or you will get hurt for trying to do so. If they are close you you, use the reverse up+b, fastfall if they are beneath you. If they are above you, use a nair.

Cookies 'n' Milk

Smash Rookie
Not bad. Try to approach with a fair rather than a nair, it gives you more options and is in general a better attack. Also you need to grab A LOT with marth especially against heavier characters like ganon, because grabs screw heavy chars bad.

All in all though not bad matches just work on the things me and other posters mentioned and you will have a good marth.

Have a nice day!
~Cookie

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
yeah as i mentioned i only play marth for 2 days now and i didn´t know how to approach,
so i tried dair cause i remembered some marth videos with a marth using nair .

Also i didn´t knew in which direction to threw.
Another crewmember told me to forward or upthrow

( i know my english sucks , im from germany)

thanks for all advice!

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good for only playing marth for 2-3 days. I'd say grab more than you do, I don't even remember if you did lol. Doing some more Shffl moves of your nair would be good, or any other move.

Keep up the good work, and is it just me or is the stage blue and not purple?

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
The colour is because the capture card is made for recording 50 ht (pal standard)
but we played on 60 ht ...

thx 4 comments !

Byped

Smash Cadet
How to Pwn ..

DOUBLE FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fair-fair , land , fair - fair , land, fair -fair , f-smash...... (shffl all of those ... even the f-smash)

if you start double fair'ing and f-air/u-air' ing you should do alot better

those moves keep the gannon lagging (and he isnt floaty so you can do them for a while ) which helps you set up for the f-smash/d-dair/ down-tilt edgehog

the ledgehop d-air would not be a bad trick to learn either.

SOPF

Smash Apprentice
Double Fairing really isn't that important. IMO the full hop Fair where you hit the opponent with the bottom of the Fair and continue to jump out of shield grab range is more effective. You should definitely incorporate some more grabbing because Marth's grab does ****.

Mix

Smash Cadet
Yeah... Byped is our latest noob and were trying to train him not to post crappy things like that... ignore it please! lol...

Top Bottom