• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Alt. Costumes/Unique Color Swaps?

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
I'm really happy to see NES: Open getting represented this way, not calling it an amazing game, but it's engaging enough to be entertaining and requires so little concentration that it's easy to play while looking out for something else, such as a coming bus. I can't think of a better way to represent the game without going overboard.

I put a lot of hours into that game while waiting for and riding the bus a few years ago.

P.S. I once missed a bus because I got way too into playing RE: Revelations, heh heh.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not mistaken, isn't "cotton candy" colored Mario a palette swap of Wario's classic outfit in Brawl?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I'm not mistaken, isn't "cotton candy" colored Mario a palette swap of Wario's classic outfit in Brawl?
Yeah it was. Not sure if it was something Mario himself wore in some obscure game though.

But America Mario is pretty awesome. And it's unexpected too, that's what makes it even better.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Is merica mario going to get his own colors with the costume or is it a one color costume?

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Is merica mario going to get his own colors with the costume or is it a one color costume?
Since it's based off of a specific outfit based on the U.S. flag and it's colors, I personally don't see it having palette swaps.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'm glad fire mario is returning, I also wish they'd have some sort of retro Mario color scheme like a brown shirt, and red overalls and cap, or a blue shirt and red overalls and cap, or red shirt and cap and black overalls.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice

So I made some Zelda palette swaps a while back, and I decided to come back and make Mario's palette swaps, both confirmed and otherwise. In order, left to right:

Fire Mario (Confirmed)
Wario Mario (Confirmed)
Cotton Candy Mario (Confrimed)
'Murica Famicom Golf Mario (Confirmed)
Green Team Mario (Super Smash Bros Series)
Flight Cap Mario (Super Mario Galaxy)
8-Bit Mario (Ew, what have I done?)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

So I made some Zelda palette swaps a while back, and I decided to come back and make Mario's palette swaps, both confirmed and otherwise. In order, left to right:

Fire Mario (Confirmed)
Wario Mario (Confirmed)
Cotton Candy Mario (Confrimed)
'Murica Famicom Golf Mario (Confirmed)
Green Team Mario (Super Smash Bros Series)
Flight Cap Mario (Super Mario Galaxy)
8-Bit Mario (Ew, what have I done?)

Freedom Mario is so hype.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm starting to like the idea of a SMB3 Mario more and more. I guess it wouldn't be all that different, but I can't help but it'd be cool.

Seems like Mario's Blue costume has been updated. I wonder if that'll happen to his green one. I sort of doubt that though.

NovaDS

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see a Cat Mario color swap from 3DS World, or a Tanooki suit sa an alternate costume.
But I don't think this is gonna happen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd like to see a Cat Mario color swap from 3DS World, or a Tanooki suit sa an alternate costume.
But I don't think this is gonna happen.
Well, I guess a White and Yellow Mario could work. I mean, that's the closest I can see getting to a Cat Mario costume. But I don't think many people would be opposed to a Tanooki costume, I think it could be cool.

SmokeOut

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2406-5837-9935
Would love a hammer suit mario, tanooki suit mario, ice mario with ice balls and ice f smash, and other mario suits would be cool too, but I would like those the most since they already have the fire suit.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Mario needs DLC costumes for

(With Pac-Man eyes and all) Plus his old alt colors.

Last edited:

SmokeOut

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2406-5837-9935
Mario needs more power costumes besides the Fire suit. I doubt they would ever put this much work into nintendo's mascot, but it would be cool if they gave him the ice suit with ice balls instead of fire balls and an ice element on his f smash. I would also like to see hammer suit with little hammers instead of fire balls. It would all be aesthetic of course, but still a nice touch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom